Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Team Associated 1/8 scale Buggy Info and Tips

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2007, 03:26 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

I have put on Losi big bores and love them! Took alittle bit of work but got them on.
Old 12-24-2007, 10:06 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 551 (100%+)

I just came home and found an elf putting Jammin 18mm big bores on my RC8. He said that the shock ends needed a little dremeling and that the fronts are 1mm shorter than the stockers and the rears are 3mm shorter (with the short shock ends installed on the Jammin shocks). They look a little odd, seem out of proportion. I won't get a chance to use the until 1/19, so I will be rebuilding my car tomorrow and later this week. Looking forward to giving the shocks a whirl.....thanks Santa.

Happy Holidays.
Old 12-27-2007, 05:05 AM
Tech Elite

Anyone else try the Jammin BB shocks on the RC8? I know, I will admit that I know that will not suddenly put me into the top of the A-main, I am just curious about them. I have them built with silver (medium) springs, 1.4 hole pistons and 35f/25r oil and the back seems like spring. So I am going to try 35 in the rear shocks and see how it feels. I will be running where it is about 50-60*, so the oil will thicken up a little bit from my bench testing in my house.
Old 12-27-2007, 06:13 AM
Tech Initiate

Why are u guys changing shocks on the rc8 there is nothin wrong with the shocks that come on it?
Old 12-27-2007, 06:56 AM
Tech Elite

I wasn't happy with the way the back of the car was acting. It seemed to get upset easily over stutter bumps. The back of the car seemed a little "happy." I have not been able to try it with some of the newly posted set ups (live in MN). I just got these on a real good deal and thought I may give them a try.
Old 12-27-2007, 09:54 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wrightcs77
Anyone else try the Jammin BB shocks on the RC8? I know, I will admit that I know that will not suddenly put me into the top of the A-main, I am just curious about them. I have them built with silver (medium) springs, 1.4 hole pistons and 35f/25r oil and the back seems like spring. So I am going to try 35 in the rear shocks and see how it feels. I will be running where it is about 50-60*, so the oil will thicken up a little bit from my bench testing in my house.

I'm running the Gray Springs, 40f, 35r, with the 1.4 pistons. I'm running the RC8 shock ends on the Shocks.

Running on indoor clay track. Car is really good.
Old 12-27-2007, 09:58 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jay75021
Why are u guys changing shocks on the rc8 there is nothin wrong with the shocks that come on it?
In my opinion they are better than the stock shocks. I agree there is nothing wrong with the stock shocks.

The big bores seem to make the car a bit more forgiving - it doesn't get disrupted as much or traction roll. The Jammin SBB are also easier to work on and keep maintained.
Old 12-27-2007, 10:36 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Just picked mine up and prepping it to run tonight at thunder alley C.A. I have gone pretty comprehensive on the spare parts (You gotta love the UK - US exchange rate frm this side). It's going straight out of the box. I have been following this thread but a little up to date on things to look out for... i got a spare front plate just in case (It's a race car, something will break sometime)... but is that issue over now? Any issues left?

I'm going to be in Cali running Thunder Alley, Hemet Race park and Revelations a lot. Hope to run into some AE guys for some tips and set up advice. I can't wait to start learning my way around this car...
Old 12-27-2007, 03:53 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by IanWright
I'm going to be in Cali running Thunder Alley, Hemet Race park and Revelations a lot. Hope to run into some AE guys for some tips and set up advice. I can't wait to start learning my way around this car...
Hey Ian,

I may be out at Revelation this weekend for the club race. If you're around, try to come find me and introduce yourself. Also, on the AE Forum I have a tread that tracks my latest setups and tips. I'd suggest checking that out as well since we'll be racing at pretty much the same tracks. Cheers!
Old 12-27-2007, 06:02 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I'll be at thunder alley with my new rc8 as well on saturday!
Old 12-27-2007, 07:17 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (97%+)

anybody going to the crcrcrc race..
ill be there with my electric rc8
on the electric day of course.
Old 12-27-2007, 10:57 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 51
Hey Ian,

I may be out at Revelation this weekend for the club race. If you're around, try to come find me and introduce yourself. Also, on the AE Forum I have a tread that tracks my latest setups and tips. I'd suggest checking that out as well since we'll be racing at pretty much the same tracks. Cheers!
Cool, i may well do. I was planning on Thunder Alley this weekend as my partner in crime and pit buddy is away, i may do that and head on to Revelations instead and come meet you... and get those whoops nailed - i should really do revs and get practice there as i know the new track at TA fairly well now. If you know for sure you will be there that would be sweet - that and the damn cold would probably swing it and i'll do TA next week.

I have been checking out set-ups and following that thread a little. I'm going to run as is for a week or so and make smaller changes for tracks before i start making bigger ones, starting with oils and shocks - i'm not experianced fine tuning by a long shot, i am on a learning curve to say the least. First big one i will probably try is the 5-5-5 in the diffs then change one at a time and work the differences track to track and see what works for me and then start playing with whole set ups. Suspect i will pick your brains a little from time to time on the board... great to see how involved you are on the boards with the car and people driving them, it's great to see the proccess and thought behind set ups.

Originally Posted by tech5
I'll be at thunder alley with my new rc8 as well on saturday!
If i am not there sat i will no doubt be there during the week and next weekend. In fact i will be at all the cal tracks local-ish to hemit, I shouldn't be easy to miss, i'm tall, have an English accent and my cars tend to be plain white. The big flag to spot me is if my lady is with me - she is tall and has very red hair, you cant miss her at a track. If you see me around come and say hi for sure.

Last edited by IanWright; 12-28-2007 at 04:02 AM.
Old 12-27-2007, 11:47 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 147 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 51
Hey Ian,

oh great, gonna but me out of the A main again..........J/K.............
Old 12-28-2007, 12:58 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 147 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nobike
oh great, gonna but me out of the A main again..........J/K.............
oh great, gonna {bump} me out of the A main again
Old 12-28-2007, 03:16 PM
Tech Regular

Well...just got the news from my Wife that we are meeting her Aunt, Uncle and Grandmother in San Diego...so it looks like no Revelation for me. I'd like to say I'll be out there next week, but it's getting close to major overhaul time for the CRCRC race. Good luck guys!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.