Community
Wiki Posts
Search

NEW XRAY T2

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2006, 11:56 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Michael Barch
One last thing, can I keep the rest of my setup how it is? The Rear Squat, should I change all of them so there at 0*? On the basic setup sheet it shows -.75 all around and 0 in rear.
Is there a reason why you chose your current setup over starting off with the recommended basic foam setup?
Old 03-02-2006, 11:56 AM
Tech Regular

I wish people would have told me this while doing the shocks, lol. Bobby did my shocks and hes like "its close enough to 30 wt" so i take it he dont know what he was talking about, lol.

Anyway, I will try to get the XRAY 30wt. Im on #3 on the shock towers (3 down from top) on both shocks, go up one after I test it maybe?

Thanks, Mike

I did use the basic foam setup...I did 3mm all around with the added .75 shim. Camber, Toe, etc.. is all same. On the setup sheet I was unsure of the Caster degrees, so I put 0, its 4 though.
Old 03-02-2006, 12:03 PM
Tech Elite

I did use the basic foam setup...I did 3mm all around with the added .75 shim. Camber, Toe, etc.. is all same.
Most of it looks the same, but I was wondering why you chose different springs, front c-hubs (are they actually the original 4d that came with the kit?), wheelbase, track width (1.5mm shims) and ride height are different. Are the inner/outer front & rear camber link mounting positions the same as the basic setup sheet?
Old 03-02-2006, 12:04 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 87 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jland
Hi, just got done getting it together, awesome build. Just 1 ? on tools. I have a Hudy wrench set (black handles with silver stripes.) and the 1.5mm wrench head just doesn't work on some of the screw heads like the wheel hexes and the shock hex screws. What are you guys using? Does the cheaper Hudy 1.5mm wrench work?

On the diffs, a guy at the track said not to put diff lube on the back of the diff plates (side facing outdrives) because it makes it not as consistant. Any one else found this. I built it like the manual said.

Thanks
Any-one????????
Old 03-02-2006, 12:05 PM
Tech Elite

I did use the basic foam setup...I did 3mm all around with the added .75 shim. Camber, Toe, etc.. is all same. On the setup sheet I was unsure of the Caster degrees, so I put 0, its 4 though.
Aah. The springs are quite a bit different though. Do you have purple & lt purple?
Old 03-02-2006, 12:07 PM
Tech Regular

EVERYTHING is the same. I did not add/buy any new hubs or anything so that is the same.

The only thing I did was change the springs (you guys on this forum told me to try different ones because the stock ones for carpet/foam are just a "no"). I had to change the oil, which I will change back, no big, just boring.

The shims ontop of the hubs are same (1 up front) (1.5 rear). Shock holes are same. I added 3mm all around because everyone told me to make the car wider, plus I added the .75 shim in far rear so it would equal what the stock setup sheet has (2 final toe).

Only things I changed were Springs, Oil, Made car Wider.
Old 03-02-2006, 12:13 PM
Tech Elite

Hi, just got done getting it together, awesome build. Just 1 ? on tools. I have a Hudy wrench set (black handles with silver stripes.) and the 1.5mm wrench head just doesn't work on some of the screw heads like the wheel hexes and the shock hex screws. What are you guys using? Does the cheaper Hudy 1.5mm wrench work?

On the diffs, a guy at the track said not to put diff lube on the back of the diff plates (side facing outdrives) because it makes it not as consistant. Any one else found this. I built it like the manual said.

Thanks
I'm not sure what you mean by the wheel hexes. You'll need a 3mm hex head wrench for the shock ball ends.

I use a small dab of diff lube on the back of the diff washers to hold them onto the diff halves while assembling, without any subsequent problems in performance.
Old 03-02-2006, 12:27 PM
Tech Elite

EVERYTHING is the same. I did not add/buy any new hubs or anything so that is the same.

The only thing I did was change the springs (you guys on this forum told me to try different ones because the stock ones for carpet/foam are just a "no"). I had to change the oil, which I will change back, no big, just boring.

The shims ontop of the hubs are same (1 up front) (1.5 rear). Shock holes are same. I added 3mm all around because everyone told me to make the car wider, plus I added the .75 shim in far rear so it would equal what the stock setup sheet has (2 final toe).

Only things I changed were Springs, Oil, Made car Wider.
No problem. The two major things I'd suggest to change are the oil and the springs. XRAY 30wt oil (or 55wt in most other brands) and the springs combo/position used in Drew Ellis' ROAR Region 8 Champs setup as a good starting point. If you want to move the lower mounting position of the rear shocks to the inside, you could probably substitute dark blue springs in the rear.
Old 03-02-2006, 01:13 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

As far as the springs are concerned, is there any place to buy just single sets of springs? All i've noticed at kits that are almost $75 when all I need is one set for the front and one set for the rear. Any ideas on other brands/types of springs to use? Will Losi springs or AE springs work??
Old 03-02-2006, 01:21 PM
Tech Regular

[QUOTE=DennisNyholm]As far as the springs are concerned, is there any place to buy just single sets of springs?

All X-ray springs are sold in sets of four.
Old 03-02-2006, 01:21 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by DennisNyholm
As far as the springs are concerned, is there any place to buy just single sets of springs? All i've noticed at kits that are almost $75 when all I need is one set for the front and one set for the rear. Any ideas on other brands/types of springs to use? Will Losi springs or AE springs work??
KT Hobbies stocks the more popular single rate sets.
Old 03-02-2006, 01:49 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 59 (100%+)

Thanks
That's odd that it doesn't work on the Hex hubs screws, there is no reason it shouldn't because they fit almost too perfect on the 1.5mm wrench... The tips are the same in the Professional tools (Machined handles) and the ProfiTools (plastic handles). On the shock hexes, I don't even like using the set screws per the kit, I like to use a 3x10 button head, they are a lot more secure than using the 3x8 grub screws.

Oh yeah, not directed at anyone, just showing off my red T2... I apologize about the lighting...
Attached Thumbnails NEW XRAY T2-red-t2.jpg  
Old 03-02-2006, 04:30 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by flameoutgarrett
this was ralph burchs car from the novak touring car champs, this was the prototype car that he recieved way before the race to test with, thats why some of the parts look different.
It is probably my poor english, but I tried to say: it was LIKE the topdeck of Burch's car but there were grooves in it. Some of the team drivers used this "new" (or new prototype) topdeck at snowbirds... The car was definitely stiffer with it... I posted that as an answer to the question if there is something new coming. I think that will be something we can expect sooner or later...
Old 03-02-2006, 05:46 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rmargiotta
That's odd that it doesn't work on the Hex hubs screws, there is no reason it shouldn't because they fit almost too perfect on the 1.5mm wrench... The tips are the same in the Professional tools (Machined handles) and the ProfiTools (plastic handles). On the shock hexes, I don't even like using the set screws per the kit, I like to use a 3x10 button head, they are a lot more secure than using the 3x8 grub screws.

Oh yeah, not directed at anyone, just showing off my red T2... I apologize about the lighting...
Nice car Shrocco!
Old 03-02-2006, 06:31 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 59 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kyle Wilson
Nice car Shrocco!

DUDE, I did that on purpose, so ralph could here me when butter called... haha

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.