Old 02-26-2006, 08:26 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

i ran the car first time today in an actual race....not bad...not bad at all
Old 02-26-2006, 08:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BritRacer
I am just fustrated with this parts saga.
Wow... there is a problem getting parts? I think you told us that a couple of hundred times now... and your upset? Who would have ever known
I bet the rest of would love to be able to get parts also But we arnt on here every day bitching about it nor Blaming RC America.... hard to distribute what you dont have... but thats also been said a thousand times.
So lets drop this whole "I am mad cause I aint got no parts" crap and talk about setups etc. Nothing we can do or say will speed up the process!!!!!!!
Old 02-26-2006, 09:12 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by ottoman
Wow... there is a problem getting parts? I think you told us that a couple of hundred times now... and your upset? Who would have ever known
I bet the rest of would love to be able to get parts also But we arnt on here every day bitching about it nor Blaming RC America.... hard to distribute what you dont have... but thats also been said a thousand times.
So lets drop this whole "I am mad cause I aint got no parts" crap and talk about setups etc. Nothing we can do or say will speed up the process!!!!!!!
Sure.

I wont mention it again. Its not like I am calling your mom fat or anything....jeez...its a company.

I am sure they can take it and dont need their league of loyal supporters sticking up for them.

But if the concencus is all i do on this thread is moan, i wont post here anymore.
Old 02-26-2006, 09:13 PM
Tech Elite

then again....
Old 02-26-2006, 09:34 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by protc3
just watch out with the anodizing.2024 doesnt anodize as good as other aluminums.i would hate to see someone make a real nice part and have the anodizing make it look bad.just contact your anodizer and let them know its 2024 and the finish you are looking for to see if they can do it.sounds like a nice product.
Thanks

We have a very good plating shop we go to. The goal was to make them look nice, and different from other parts on the market. If we have to, we will leave them raw.

They are still going to be different in the fact that they are adjustable.
Old 02-26-2006, 09:37 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

My thinking is one thing that might have solved the problem of no parts for the cars is Xray could have held back on releasing the car until they had enough parts produced to ship along with all kits to the stores.

Now my choice is I would rather have the car sooner then later and take the chance that I might be out a couple months as stores don't have parts.

Came back from a 2 year break and one of the reason I came back was because of how nice the T2 looked. So I'm very happy I was able to get the car when I did other wise would have had to dust my old XXX-S from two years ago, as no other cars really excite me to purchase them like the T2 did.

My car got just got the beats in the mains this last Friday after getting TQ in stock, felt like everyone was aiming for me and nothing broke. Did make a brace for the rear shock tower and that might have been the saving grace so far for that piece. Also feel very important to use set screw next to the screw for the upper link on rear carriers.

Must say Thanks to Xray for awesome car
Old 02-26-2006, 09:59 PM
Tech Regular

Did make a brace for the rear shock tower and that might have been the saving grace so far for that piece.
Got any pictures of the brace u made
Old 02-26-2006, 11:43 PM
Tech Addict

Maybe a bit over kill, but car is underweight anyways. Someone on the T2 thread started making them for sale also. The first time I read someone broke a shock tower, went to my garage and made them up as didn't want to take the chance and break it myself.

Old 02-27-2006, 12:00 AM
Tech Regular

Thanks for that, very cool, iam off to make some as well
Old 02-27-2006, 03:08 AM
Tech Master

RAcing in the uk is great.. ice cold weather and i had some serious issues with cold thumbs this weekend....

still never broke a damn thing, even after a few" thats got to have been broken after that " type incidents...

car is very resilient and fast.

So if you americans keep breaking it, then all i can say is .....drive better as it cant be drive slower...:P
Old 02-27-2006, 03:30 AM
Tech Elite

used my T2 for the first time recently with a stock (boring!) anyway, pritty good car. i found the rear end kept on steering though on 1 corner on exit. not sure why.
Old 02-27-2006, 04:37 AM
Tech Addict

HELP, running t2 on carpet with foam tires, in big high speed sweepers the car pushs alot, losing a lot of speed.i'am using dpink/o in front and dpink in rear. every were else the car is fine . any ideas what to do ? thanks .
Old 02-27-2006, 04:40 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 23 (96%+)

lay down rear shocks a bit more..
Old 02-27-2006, 05:35 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 208 (100%+)

Originally Posted by zinger77
HELP, running t2 on carpet with foam tires, in big high speed sweepers the car pushs alot, losing a lot of speed.i'am using dpink/o in front and dpink in rear. every were else the car is fine . any ideas what to do ? thanks .
Use Drew Ellis set up from the region 8 race. It works!
Old 02-27-2006, 06:02 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Thanks....I'm using the foam setup sheet.

I may try dark blue springs in the rear. The car seems to want to screw it's self into the ground if that makes any sense. Steering input must be smooth and it's hard to drive for me. Over rotating with front violet and rear white springs. I know I could go less camber, but I'm only running 1.5 front/rear now. I want even tire wear. I need to get purple/plaids tires to work. Longer wear, less re-adjusting the RH and droop. Again I just don't understand why Andrews would run so many shims on the outsides of the tierods. They are shimming the ouside up to the tire rim front/back. What does this do? It seems to me a low inner link and a high outside link would make the car roll more. Why would this be desired? My car seems to roll too much with the stock setup and lighter springs. Just tring to figure out this thought process.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.