Community
Wiki Posts
Search

NEW XRAY T2

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2006, 06:18 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 208 (100%+)

Go to a thicker oil front and rear. The car does have a lot of roll to begin with stock. Or change your pistons to less holes. Once you go to heavier dampening it will not be so responsive. Trust me. Try the setup out. It does work.

Also if you look his car is 3mm wider. Add in 1.5mm shims to the suspension mounts. A wider car will be more stable.
Old 02-27-2006, 06:30 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by zinger77
HELP, running t2 on carpet with foam tires, in big high speed sweepers the car pushs alot, losing a lot of speed.i'am using dpink/o in front and dpink in rear. every were else the car is fine . any ideas what to do ? thanks .
Need more castor try kickup or get the 6 dergee blocks......Later Drew

The reasons for the shims in the front its more camber gain though the turn... The rear it seemed to free the car up, more steering plus camber gain as the car rolls.....Later Drew

Guys parts are here and more are coming there is just so many people needing parts some many hobby shops want them, we are trying to spread everything out its a hot item.. Thanks for the support things will be getting better...Later Drew
Old 02-27-2006, 06:33 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

i jimmy rigged a front sway bar on mine last night and it made a big difference
Old 02-27-2006, 06:45 AM
Tech Master

found if running stock set up make rear shocks more vertical and lower rear roll centre... worked great for me..
Old 02-27-2006, 07:21 AM
Tech Regular

Im using the Basic Foam setup. Although Im running 32 and 1/2 weight oil (front and rear). It seems to be a bit smoother with it, also Im running 3mm + .75 in Rear. It seems to be working well.

One problem Iam having is Droop, what should I set my Downstops to? 4 in Rear and 5 Up front or 4 up Front and 5 in rear? Im running on carpet, with foams.

If I could get that tweaked in I think I just may have my car dialed. It just seems to take a bit of wide turn when coming off the stright away...while going through the tight turns it seems very good, the only thing Im having problems with is my driving, I need to keep practicing with the throtle/brake...
Old 02-27-2006, 07:51 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Joep
I used it once as an experiment. The off power steering into a corner is much better, caused by the fact that the diff act then as a normal one way. And on the exit of the corner you can hit earlier the throttle, caused by the fact that the diff than acts like a spool. But strangly enough i never used this configuration since...
I used it this past weekend for the first time in our stock class with pretty good results on carpet with foams. I normally run a full one-way (DISCLAIMER: not recommended for beginning drivers). However, the solid one-way allowed me to get on the throttle more than a full car length before I usually would with the full one-way. I originally thought that I would lose too much corner entry steering and possibly mid corner speed from the full one-way setup, but it wasn't so. Once the car initially turns into the corner and settles fully (with the front wheels still behind the corner apex), you can go full on the gas, keep a tight line, and end up with very predictable rear end rotation straightening up the car and accelerating quicker into the straights.

Being slightly down on overall motor to most of the field, I was able to make up for it coming out of the corners and accelerating quicker down the straights. It takes some getting used to when getting on the gas much earlier as you simply have to trust that the car won't push out wide though.
Old 02-27-2006, 09:26 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RCknight
They are shimming the ouside up to the tire rim front/back. What does this do? It seems to me a low inner link and a high outside link would make the car roll more. Why would this be desired? My car seems to roll too much with the stock setup and lighter springs. Just tring to figure out this thought process.
When you angle the top link down towards the centerline of the car you are raising the roll center on that end of the car. So using a lot of shims on the outside underneath the top links reduces the chassis roll. This setting also increases the camber gain which can be compensated for by running less static camber if necessary to get equal tyre wear left-to-right. In the setups used by the team I believe at the front the key reason is to get more camber gain to help the car hook up during cornering. At the rear the main reason is reducing chassis roll through the raised roll center which frees the car up during cornering. Both should contribute to higher corner speeds.
Old 02-27-2006, 09:50 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 103 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Andrew Ellis
Guys parts are here and more are coming there is just so many people needing parts some many hobby shops want them, we are trying to spread everything out its a hot item.. Thanks for the support things will be getting better...Later Drew
This is the kind of support that most people on this thread are looking for. "Thanks for your patience. We're doing our best" sure beats the hell out of " Deal with it or sell it ". More "Team" drivers should take this stand. Most people wouldn't be so mad if the company would admit there are issues and they are working to correct them.
BTW, this car really does work well. Not ready to get rid of the RDX just yet, though.
Old 02-27-2006, 10:38 AM
Tech Elite

does anyone have a source for TOUGH 3mmx16mm button head screws for the front roll centre mounts?

I am thinking these screws bending may have more to do with the tweak issue than the top deck....
Old 02-27-2006, 10:52 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

I just have to say I am really starting to like this car. YES it does have some issues but oh well Whatever.

I recently put on a team pickles top deck, NO more tweak issues. The holes are so small you actually thread the screw into the top deck. There is no room for it to tweak. And adding it also made the car alot stiffer.
Old 02-27-2006, 11:08 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Keep working on it Harold!! I need someone that knows what they are doing so I can get some good stating points for a setup!! I was going to get the FK05, but I really like the T2 from what I have read. Looks like i'll have to order the team pickles top deck when I order the car!!
Old 02-27-2006, 11:25 AM
Tech Master

Location: A step closer to where I need to be a step further from where I was
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Old 02-27-2006, 11:50 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 138 (100%+)

what do yuo guys think of the difference between the T2 and the fk'05? Is it worth the extra money?
Old 02-27-2006, 11:52 AM
Tech Elite

[QUOTE=corwin]Maybe a bit over kill, but car is underweight anyways. Someone on the T2 thread started making them for sale also. The first time I read someone broke a shock tower, went to my garage and made them up as didn't want to take the chance and break it myself.

Interesting.
I am just using a washer under the screw head. Its big enough that I believe provides enough support to that area of the shock tower. No harm in being safe.
Old 02-27-2006, 12:09 PM
Tech Addict

Anyone seen anything of the new option parts around?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.