Community
Wiki Posts
Search

NEW XRAY T2

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2006, 07:38 PM
Tech Master

Does anyone know how thick the CRC top deck is?
Old 02-04-2006, 07:46 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by nmt6789
Does anyone know how thick the CRC top deck is?

3 mm
Old 02-04-2006, 08:00 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jbenthobbies
There are ways to prevent delamination did you prep the chassis with CA?
So the epoxy holding the c/f sheets together isnt enough? Does anybody REALLY think CAing around the edge of the chassis is really helping ?? Think about it, your probably only getting about a 1/32 worth of CA soaking into the edge..... That is not going to hold the layers together anymore than the epoxy that is used in manufacturing the C/F plate....... and if you think its the barrier created by the CA itself then your even further from the truth. Your getting less than a .001" of a barrier around the outer edge....
Old 02-04-2006, 08:05 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Originally Posted by stumper
So the epoxy holding the c/f sheets together isnt enough? Does anybody REALLY think CAing around the edge of the chassis is really helping ?? Think about it, your probably only getting about a 1/32 worth of CA soaking into the edge..... That is not going to hold the layers together anymore than the epoxy that is used in manufacturing the C/F plate....... and if you think its the barrier created by the CA itself then your even further from the truth. Your getting less than a .001" of a barrier around the outer edge....

Yeah, I agree, I think its mostly looks...
Old 02-04-2006, 08:05 PM
Tech Master

Something is better than nothing...
Old 02-04-2006, 08:06 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default new xray t2

Originally Posted by stumper
yes I do think it helps espically if you hit things. Every little bit helps.
Old 02-04-2006, 08:08 PM
Tech Elite

I would say for those that are unhappy with the car...

Sell it.

There seems to be a large demand for them. So, you can surely get rid of it and buy something else. What, that could be better, I don't know....?

What else is showing such a record of wins? Buy that.

Nothing wrong with asking questions about why something may be off on the car, or trying to figure out how to fix the problem. But anyone who just wants to put down the car or XRay....whats the point. Its pretty hard to argue that even with one or two minor flaws that the car doesn't work, and work very well. Now, if the car was released, all the factory drivers are using them, and all of the sudden the car can't win a race after every one bought them on the hype, then that would be an issue. But the car wins. The car is FAST. The car is easy to work on, and it looks PIMP.
Old 02-04-2006, 08:09 PM
Tech Elite

i never CA'ed the edges of any car ive owned as i never figures it would really help anyways expcet to make it look cooler if its done right

i just round the bottom edge of the bottom chassis so it dont grab the carpet incase i have a setup thats too soft and then it dont grab in the corners
Old 02-04-2006, 08:12 PM
Tech Regular

Default new xray t2

Originally Posted by PitCrew

Sell it.

There seems to be a large demand for them. So, you can surely get rid of it and buy something else. What, that could be better, I don't know....?

Nothing wrong with asking questions about why something may be off on the car, or trying to figure out how to fix the problem. But anyone who just wants to put down the car or XRay....whats the point. Its pretty hard to argue that even with one or two minor flaws that the car doesn't work, and work very well. Now, if the car was released, all the factory drivers are using them, and all of the sudden the car can't win a race after every one bought them on the hype, then that would be an issue. But the car wins. The car is FAST. The car is easy to work on, and it looks PIMP.
That is exactly right the car is the best produced car on the market flaws and all.
Old 02-04-2006, 08:43 PM
Tech Addict

Sell it.
I Agree, And I have a fully loaded FK05 with nothing to complain about that I would trade for a T2 if someone interested.
Old 02-04-2006, 08:52 PM
Tech Regular

Default new xrayt2

Since all these post have started I have taken my car apart multiple times and it goes togther the same way with no toe issues or tweek. Maybe I just get lucky. I assemble my car on glass and rotate tightning the screws like you would tighten head bolts on a real car engine. Maybe this might help with the issues. If someone has a better idea lets work it out. The car is the best on the market. Lets keep it that way.
Old 02-04-2006, 09:03 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Amen, this has been the most non productive past few pages ever. Like was said if you aren't happy... sell the car, I would if it were me. I know Xray will handle the problems presented to them so I am not worried. Xray has had a rep. of being the best and they are not allowed a mistake ever? Come on...If we look at other companies and problems they have had in the past with kits I think this is small. Xray is a top notch company and will make sure the customers are happy.
Old 02-04-2006, 09:20 PM
Tech Apprentice

Sell it.

I posted many pages ago that if peple were not happy to sell it, gave my email address, cause i know of atleast 2 people looking for a T2, maybe even a 3rd. Emails received so far... 0!!
Old 02-04-2006, 09:23 PM
Tech Regular

Default new xray t2

Originally Posted by CoryCraig
I posted many pages ago that if peple were not happy to sell it, gave my email address, cause i know of atleast 2 people looking for a T2, maybe even a 3rd. Emails received so far... 0!!
I sold 2 cases with no reported problems.
Old 02-04-2006, 09:48 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 107 (99%+)

I bought mine from Jbenthobbies and had it shipped down to Socal and have had no problems with the car with tweak and hubs. I took my time and assembled it per the instructions.

Ask Brian Kinwald, Chris Tosolini,Todd Hodge,Jason Ertractor,Josh Numan,Mike Truhe, Billy Easton, Greg Hodapp and all of the other factory drivers that run at Socal, if they ever put their car on a tweak station, NONE DO.

They set ride height, droop, camber and caster. The main thing to do is to assemble the car right the first time, pay attention to the instructions. Make sure shock length is the same for all four shocks.

If they hit something, they loosen the screws and retighten them and put it back on the track. I watched Bk race for years, telling me the tweak stations are bogus, its how your car drives on the track, Dont waste your money.

I enjoy my T2 and if you have any legitimate problems, voice them to RC America....They have great customer service and will take care of you.

If you hit something, you broke it !!! Its not the cars' fault that you hit something. Take it like a man and get a new chassis, its all part of racing. I broke two chassis on my FK05, because I hit something. Its my fault, that I hit a pole.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.