Wiki Posts
Search

NEW XRAY T2

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2006, 09:40 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DennisNyholm
I assume he means the place in my signature.
No I actually couldn't wait for them for the parts. I got them at www.nychobbies.com they got the shipment in yesterday.
Old 02-04-2006, 12:34 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Does anyone actually know if the new shipments of T2's are going to have any changes over the first and second shipment? I'd like to pick one up, but I am concerned about some of the minor issues that seem to be arising. I don't beleive that the issues will really effect me since I am not good enogh to notice, but i'd like to know that it is the driver and not the car!!
Old 02-04-2006, 01:23 PM
Tech Master

Hass anyone had a problem with the servo horn rubbing the top deck? I have a s9451 servo and I had to shim it to get it to fit right. I guess the only was around it would be putting diffrent shims in.
Old 02-04-2006, 01:34 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 107 (99%+)

most guys had to shim the servo, no big deal , since Xray gives you the shims in the last aid bag.
Old 02-04-2006, 01:34 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Xray t2

I have one of the first cars that came into this country. The only problem that I see with the car is the top deck needs to be countersunk to make the care more rigid and keep in better tweek. This problem has already been addressed and Xray as we speak is already testing the solution. The other problems that so called exist, don't. People have to find something to complain about. I have been in this industry for over 30 years, and have five national championships to my credit. The Xray cars have been the only car in the industry. That you can build out of the kit and go out and be competitive without spending hundreds in upgrades and hours in triming the flashing and trimming parts to make them fit properly as well as to make the car free, let alone Xray uses the best materials on the market. Like I stated in a earlier post if you look at the Xray from a engineering standpoint Hudy is the only one in this industy that has a clue of what they are doing. Plus they have a team that works as one to make the product better. Not to mention they have some of the best drivers to pull from.
Old 02-04-2006, 01:37 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 107 (99%+)

Well said Jim.
Old 02-04-2006, 01:49 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Ditto
Old 02-04-2006, 02:02 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jbenthobbies
I have one of the first cars that came into this country. The only problem that I see with the car is the top deck needs to be countersunk to make the care more rigid and keep in better tweek. This problem has already been addressed and Xray as we speak is already testing the solution. The other problems that so called exist, don't. People have to find something to complain about. I have been in this industry for over 30 years, and have five national championships to my credit. The Xray cars have been the only car in the industry. That you can build out of the kit and go out and be competitive without spending hundreds in upgrades and hours in triming the flashing and trimming parts to make them fit properly as well as to make the car free, let alone Xray uses the best materials on the market. Like I stated in a earlier post if you look at the Xray from a engineering standpoint Hudy is the only one in this industy that has a clue of what they are doing. Plus they have a team that works as one to make the product better. Not to mention they have some of the best drivers to pull from.

With an attitiude like that I would make sure to NEVER buy anything from your shop!!!! There legitimate issues. I suppose my chassis delamenating after one race day is no big deal, people having to shim there cars just to make them right I suppose is no big deal. Man if this is Luxury then I havent been missing much.

Would it be no big deal if someone wrote you a hot check to buy something.

There is no question the car is fast, but we didnt pay for just fast now did we?
Old 02-04-2006, 02:07 PM
Tech Regular

Default xray t2

There are ways to prevent delamination did you prep the chassis with CA?
Old 02-04-2006, 02:19 PM
Tech Regular

Default xray t2

I would love to know what these shimming issues that people are talking about I have a complete tramel bar set up that I use to set up my RC cars just like I use on my big race cars. I can check bumpsteer, weight transfer, trackwidth, anti dive and squat. I also have a masters in manufacturing. I have set my chassis on cad program to to plot out the chassis to see if it was manufactured wrong, such as holes and chassis not square things of that nature. There was no problem found. Wouldn't you think since I have one of the first batch of cars I would find this problem, espically to the extent that I went to to find a problem. If there was a delamination problem with the chassis and the chassis was preped, something would have to be hit pretty hard.
Old 02-04-2006, 02:36 PM
Tech Master

just checked my rear toe in with regard to all your posts.

i see no major flaw i fo have a difference of .25-.5 of a degree on the right side, im using the standard hinge pin holders with 1 washer up front and 2 at the back...

rear toe of 1 on left 1.25ish on right

no real biggy
Old 02-04-2006, 02:41 PM
Tech Regular

Default xray t2

Did you check the rear toe with hudy gages? The use an acual metal plate attached to the hub with the car sqaure inside the tramel bars. That is the way that the big cars in racing set the suspension. That is the most flawless method of checking.
Old 02-04-2006, 02:44 PM
Tech Regular

Default xray t2

If that is true that the toe in on the rear hubs are two hundred and fifty thousands off that could just be from bearing tolerances.
Old 02-04-2006, 02:51 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Servo mounting....

Originally Posted by lbckevin
most guys had to shim the servo, no big deal , since Xray gives you the shims in the last aid bag.
The two mounting holes on the chassis need to be connected. I can't get my KO servo mounted solid because the rear servo mounting block is out too far out.
Old 02-04-2006, 03:13 PM
Tech Master

Just finished
Attached Thumbnails NEW XRAY T2-dsc00001.jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.