Search
Like Tree305Likes

Xray X1 - Formula One Car

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2018, 01:33 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hello need your support.

Running outdoor and due to cold weather and no grip on the track my car only works for one lap then the rear has no grip and keeps spinning when I push throttle, can’t change tyre only have Ride R1 front and rear, any suggestion running 21.5 without boost or turbo, F1 2016, basic asphalt settings with Montec wings and protoform F15 body.

Meantime what will be the difference on center shock with or without rebound.

Thanks

Last edited by Nuno Gancho; 01-04-2018 at 01:48 AM.
Old 01-04-2018, 05:11 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Giorgio
New parts from Fenix Racing

For the popular Xray X1, the "oring" battery holder is now ready.

Forget the annoying tape, an easy to use oring holder is available from now.

Best of all, will not induce any unwanted tweak on the main chassis, leaving the chassis free to twist.

Hopefully we will see this in the US at some point along with the light weight front axels. Waiting patiently .
Old 01-04-2018, 10:16 AM
Dan
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

Giorgio, any update on the carbon shaft for the Fenix gear diff?

Love your products. Running a Fenix gear diff and Fenix chassis on my X1.
Old 01-04-2018, 10:41 AM
Tech Adept

Sorry for the crappy pic. I’ve been using this setup with 2 elastic bands from the rear brace to a ball stud under the body post. It’s across the widest part of the chassis so there should be minimal effect on the flex. Plus it’s the aluminum chassis.

Originally Posted by g12314
Hopefully we will see this in the US at some point along with the light weight front axels. Waiting patiently .
Old 01-05-2018, 01:32 PM
MD
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 136 (100%+)

Does anyone use the Fenix gear diff and what grease do you use?
Old 01-05-2018, 11:30 PM
Tech Regular

Hello what have less front down force xray front wing with low down force spoiler or montek front wing without flaps

Thanks
Old 01-06-2018, 07:07 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by g12314

Check in CRC for the front axles.
Some were sent in with the last shipment.
Old 01-06-2018, 08:12 AM
Tech Apprentice

I downloaded Jan R's sheet for 2016 Snowbird Nationals (indoor CRC Carpet) and completely rebuilt my 2016 car based on all of the shims, spacers and springs etc...put it on the setup board last night and the front end is only 1.5mm - 2mm or so off the ground, rear about 2.5mm. As this is my first foray into F1, I'm not sure which spacers to adjust to get to 3.5-4mm, while keeping the intended suspension geometry and roll centers etc. The rear I think is just a matter of changing the offset axle mounts (eccentric bushings). I am assuming that there are different diameter tires for F1, which is probably why my car is so low.

Do I remove spacers from under the upper arm posts, lower posts,(maybe 2mm instead of 4mm) or adjust the axle hub shims? I also don't have any droop right now...maybe that is the intention.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

PS is there supposed to be a fixed number of shims on the king pin? ie total of 7, and then adjust ride height by varying the above/below qty, but always keeping the same total amount?

Last edited by kilohertz; 01-08-2018 at 12:40 PM.
Old 01-06-2018, 09:04 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by kilohertz
I downloaded Jan R's sheet for 2016 Snowbird Nationals (indoor CRC Carpet) and completely rebuilt my 2016 car based on all of the shims, spacers and springs etc...put it on the setup board last night and the front end is only 1.5mm - 2mm or so off the ground, rear about 2.5mm. As this is my first foray into F1, I'm not sure which spacers to adjust to get to 3.5-4mm, while keeping the intended suspension geometry and roll centers etc. The rear I think is just a matter of changing the offset axle mounts (eccentric bushings). I am assuming that there are different diameter tires for F1, which is probably why my car is so low.

Do I remove spacers from under the upper arm posts, lower posts,(maybe 2mm instead of 4mm) or adjust the axle hub shims? I also don't have any droop right now...maybe that is the intention.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers
Here's a helpful tool..Team Xray X1'16 - Setup Helper
freebird likes this.
Old 01-07-2018, 11:06 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default Gravity RC side springs

Could anybody tell me what the spring rates are for the 5 different coloured side springs made by Gravity RC, or tell me how they compare to the Xray springs? I only have the goldy coloured silver Xray springs which seem to be the stiffer of the 2 silver springs, but I have multiple sets of GRC all 5 colours. I've searched the web but can only find , soft, medium, firm etc which doesn't really say much.

Any help, again would be wonderful.

Cheers

PS On Jan's 2016 'bird sheet side springs are indicated as "SILVER" anyone know if these are the stiff silver or the soft silver?? Couldn't Xray have used more than 3 colours?

Last edited by kilohertz; 01-07-2018 at 01:20 PM.
Old 01-08-2018, 12:05 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by MD
Does anyone use the Fenix gear diff and what grease do you use?
Depends from the surface, on carpet you might want to start with a 500K

But you may want to have a look at the setting videos

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCDZ...2EaI7qHCMjUcjQ

As usual, comments are welcome
Old 01-08-2018, 12:31 PM
Dan
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

I like switching between 100k and 300k depending on traction and track layout. Most setups I see go a little heavier but it didn't work well for me.
Old 01-08-2018, 12:50 PM
MD
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 136 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Giorgio
Depends from the surface, on carpet you might want to start with a 500K

But you may want to have a look at the setting videos

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCDZ...2EaI7qHCMjUcjQ

As usual, comments are welcome
Thanks, that helps.

Giorgio, I am going to send you a PM about something else.
Old 01-12-2018, 11:39 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default Shock mount extension, my version

Had a little time today so I opened up my son's Meccano set and started fabricating some chassis stiffeners, and then decided to extend the shock mount. Pics show the results. Track time this Sunday will see if it's better/worse. Easy to mod the shock position with the extra holes. My servo is mounted the standard way with the posts attached to the chassis, I used the floating mount inverted and then added the Meccano piece to join the original shock location to the carbon floating servo mount, spacing worked perfectly, no drilling or modding required. Used a 4mm plastic bushing/spacer that fit right inside the shock spring holder to keep it centered, threaded the T4 standoffs together and everything fit perfectly. Needed one 4mm spacer at the end of the standoffs to get a little more droop, looks good on the workbench, we'll see Sunday.

Cheers
Attached Thumbnails Xray X1 - Formula One Car-img_4263.jpg   Xray X1 - Formula One Car-img_4265.jpg  

Last edited by kilohertz; 01-12-2018 at 02:15 PM.
Old 01-12-2018, 04:15 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by kilohertz
Had a little time today so I opened up my son's Meccano set and started fabricating some chassis stiffeners, and then decided to extend the shock mount. Pics show the results. Track time this Sunday will see if it's better/worse. Easy to mod the shock position with the extra holes. My servo is mounted the standard way with the posts attached to the chassis, I used the floating mount inverted and then added the Meccano piece to join the original shock location to the carbon floating servo mount, spacing worked perfectly, no drilling or modding required. Used a 4mm plastic bushing/spacer that fit right inside the shock spring holder to keep it centered, threaded the T4 standoffs together and everything fit perfectly. Needed one 4mm spacer at the end of the standoffs to get a little more droop, looks good on the workbench, we'll see Sunday.

Cheers

Meccano?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.