Search
Like Tree305Likes

Xray X1 - Formula One Car

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2015, 01:33 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (91%+)

Originally Posted by Skiddins
How on earth did he get any steering with that much caster?

Is there any video of the F1 finals?
Here is the YouTube video of the F1 A-Main Race which Drew Ellis won.
Old 04-22-2015, 10:43 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Skiddins
The Tamiya bodies don't fit properly as they tend to narrow near the back, where the side links are on the car.
Thx a lot Skiddins!! Maybe can only use PF body
Old 04-23-2015, 04:06 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Haven't had any problems with the front bearings on my X1, however the 2 rear axle & 3 1/4x3/8x1/4 bearings in the diff didn't last very long at all. Just after 2 club meets they were all very "notchy" and noisy.

This is something that hasn't really made me disappointed with the car, as I am very happy with it overall & enjoy driving it. As for the bearings, I have a reliable supplier with good quality bearings that I can buy locally.

One other thing I must say is that I'm really impressed at how easy the "side" shock is to build, can get it working smoothly without any air bubbles first time, every time, and it doesn't leak! I did contemplate changing it to a tube & sleeve type damper, but I can strip it down, refill it, and have it on the car within 15 mins, so I see no reason to replace it.

Rob.
Old 04-23-2015, 10:00 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Sunday needs to hurry up. X1 felt amazing with glued sidewalls and the Tamiya Side Damper last weekend. Third time I've ever run on road and I'm loving it! Got several 9 second laps but still nothing official because they had the minimum lap set to 10 seconds...
Old 04-23-2015, 11:09 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by loman15
Thx a lot Skiddins!! Maybe can only use PF body
You won't be disappointed with the PF
Old 04-23-2015, 11:41 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ta04evah
Haven't had any problems with the front bearings on my X1, however the 2 rear axle & 3 1/4x3/8x1/4 bearings in the diff didn't last very long at all. Just after 2 club meets they were all very "notchy" and noisy.

This is something that hasn't really made me disappointed with the car, as I am very happy with it overall & enjoy driving it. As for the bearings, I have a reliable supplier with good quality bearings that I can buy locally.

One other thing I must say is that I'm really impressed at how easy the "side" shock is to build, can get it working smoothly without any air bubbles first time, every time, and it doesn't leak! I did contemplate changing it to a tube & sleeve type damper, but I can strip it down, refill it, and have it on the car within 15 mins, so I see no reason to replace it.

Rob.
Glad you're having fun with the car Rob. After reading several other posts about the bearings, i've ordered some spare ones as well.
Old 04-24-2015, 05:25 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

The only bearing failure I had was due to driver error when I hit the outside wall. If you have run pan cars you should know how important it is to have good bearings in your car, especially in the diff. Avid a buck ea. 1/4 by 3/8 flanged and unflanged.

chuck
Old 04-24-2015, 08:12 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 95 (100%+)

I ordered some Protech ones and they look identical to Xray bearings. I'm scared!
Old 04-27-2015, 11:56 AM
Tech Elite

I just ordered an X1 F1 ...can't wait to get involved in this thread!
I hope to begin racing it w/ my club sometime this summer!
Old 04-27-2015, 08:17 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by eR1c
Congrats buddy, you will seriously enjoy this car. It was my first xray and F1 car and I am super satisfied with it!
Old 04-27-2015, 11:25 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by eR1c
You should talk to Dodson for some setup. I hear he's winning every F1 race at GP and SW.
Old 04-28-2015, 11:57 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by xrayracer1
Glad you're having fun with the car Rob. After reading several other posts about the bearings, i've ordered some spare ones as well.
That's a good move. I pretty much have got the car dialed in for castle hill, I use Shimizu soft front & rear tires, kit springs all around, 400cst in both shocks, 1.5 degrees of camber, low down force front wing, and set the caster back to 6 degrees.
Am hoping the weather will hold out tomorrow, so I can get some practice in at Whalan, and set the car up for cold temps for the state titles on the week end.
Also need to resist the urge to use my F113 on the weekend, as it's a really good cold weather/surface car, but it's speed fades at the 5 minute mark, time for a new motor me thinks

Rob
Old 04-29-2015, 01:52 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ta04evah
That's a good move. I pretty much have got the car dialed in for castle hill, I use Shimizu soft front & rear tires, kit springs all around, 400cst in both shocks, 1.5 degrees of camber, low down force front wing, and set the caster back to 6 degrees.
Am hoping the weather will hold out tomorrow, so I can get some practice in at Whalan, and set the car up for cold temps for the state titles on the week end.
Also need to resist the urge to use my F113 on the weekend, as it's a really good cold weather/surface car, but it's speed fades at the 5 minute mark, time for a new motor me thinks

Rob
Sounds good mate. I may have to copy your setup. I've also put mine back to 1.5 degrees camber.
Old 04-29-2015, 02:12 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by RCformula1
Body Shell Competition

We are looking for an X1 with a well painted and decalled body shell to publish on our website and in Racing Lines Magazine.
Congratulations to Pier "Pigio" Luigi from Imola, Italy.

Check out the photos on our facebook page here.
Old 04-29-2015, 09:31 AM
Tech Elite

Congrats buddy, you will seriously enjoy this car. It was my first xray and F1 car and I am super satisfied with it!
Thanks! Yes I am super excited to get this built and get it dialed in. I will prob have a bunch of questions for you guys, also plan to get a bunch of practice laps in before I race it.

You should talk to Dodson for some setup. I hear he's winning every F1 race at GP and SW.
Yeah, I already try to copy Chris's setup w/ my other cars!! -mostly he is just a damn good driver. Consistent ...incredibly consistent. He doesn't miss a beat. Seriously, its as if he sees the shortest line and just sticks to it. I love watching him race.
Yeah, i'll have to look at the stat's but he is usually in the top 1-2 spots in every class her runs. -I'll also add that he is a super cool guy and always eager to help anyone out.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.