Search
Like Tree305Likes

Xray X1 - Formula One Car

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2018, 06:44 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Thanks for reply

So for outdoor PIT tires you use soft in front 571 and hard in rear 572? Don’t they have pre glued set

CRC is it RT-1

Thanks
Old 01-25-2018, 06:56 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Nuno Gancho
Thanks for reply

So for outdoor PIT tires you use soft in front 571 and hard in rear 572? Don’t they have pre glued set

CRC is it RT-1

Thanks
Schumacher has the 571/572 pre-mounted tires on silver Tuning Haus wheels.

https://www.amainhobbies.com/schumac...xg-571/p469211

https://www.amainhobbies.com/schumac...xg-572/p469330
Old 01-26-2018, 11:26 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

In Fenix, we're proud to release our OPT038 - Wide Front End kit for Xray X1

This kit creates a 3mm wider front track width that will be helpful in high grip conditions.

Car will be less aggressive and chances of traction rolling are reduced.

KE4PJO, Jack Kloeber and Adamska27 like this.
Old 01-28-2018, 03:09 PM
Tech Adept

Hi guys,

I have a big problem where the car feels nice everywhere except high speed corners. Especially sweepers where if i use even slightly too much steering lock, the car snap oversteers.It has a bouncing/juddering sensation as it does it.

I've tried softer and harder springs all round, thicker damping front and side, more front droop, less front droop, different camber.

Im totally lost as to how to fix this. Does anyone have any experience of fixing this problem?

This is on ETS carpet and Volante tyres, so maybe a little less grip than many of you experence where the black crc carpet is used?

Thanks for any help!
Old 01-28-2018, 07:54 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by cyclone
Hi guys,

I have a big problem where the car feels nice everywhere except high speed corners. Especially sweepers where if i use even slightly too much steering lock, the car snap oversteers.It has a bouncing/juddering sensation as it does it.

I've tried softer and harder springs all round, thicker damping front and side, more front droop, less front droop, different camber.

Im totally lost as to how to fix this. Does anyone have any experience of fixing this problem?

This is on ETS carpet and Volante tyres, so maybe a little less grip than many of you experence where the black crc carpet is used?

Thanks for any help!
I can only think of 4 things that cause this, way too low on ride height and bottoming out, too hard rear tires (you need carpet soft rears), not enough rear downforce (So raise that rear wing height) or no carpet sauce on tires (full sauce them)
Hope that helps where to look
Old 01-28-2018, 11:59 PM
Tech Adept

thanks for your tips. I don't think its any of them though?

The height is 5mm at the rear and 4.8 at the front.
The tires are a control tire so everybody is on the same one type.
additive is controlled, and i'm applying it across the full surface of the tires both 30 minutes before the race front and rear, and 30 minutes rear but only 2 minutes front.

Thanks again
Old 01-29-2018, 01:10 AM
Tech Rookie

The XRAY X1 is one of the models of the Luxury car. Formula 1 racing is the head of racing technology where performance and technology-based physics challenge too much law. It has All new shock adapter for fast and easy shock piston change; New facade location and advanced power trash for improved drivability on the opposite conditions.
Update Features:
*Adjustable anti-roll bar
*Arm mount plate
*Shock spring collar
*Central mount plate
and some vital others updates.
Old 01-29-2018, 01:38 AM
sbd
Tech Regular

thanks for your tips. I don't think its any of them though?

The height is 5mm at the rear and 4.8 at the front.
The tires are a control tire so everybody is on the same one type.
additive is controlled, and i'm applying it across the full surface of the tires both 30 minutes before the race front and rear, and 30 minutes rear but only 2 minutes front.

Thanks again
Hi,
Too much front wing downforce. If you use montech front wing, remove all flaps. If it is the old montech version which has too much downforce even without flaps, try the new one or cut some material from the upper edges of the wing.
Old 01-29-2018, 03:57 AM
Tech Regular

Hi guys,

Thanks for any help!
The problem is entering the corner or exiting the corner ?

if the entry is the problem, you can flatten the angle of the central damper , (less weight transfert)
add some droop at the rear
less ride height at the rear , more at the front

it's a good start
Old 01-29-2018, 02:09 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SavageCanadian
My car I'm running no sway bar and no glue on the tires and it doesn't traction roll on the crc black carpet. I'm running the softest xray front spring and the black side springs
That seems a bit backwards. If you remove the sway bar shouldn't you be running a stiffer front spring?
Old 01-29-2018, 04:21 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I have had a very similar handling issue. My advice for you is to --

1) In case you haven't, make sure chassis isn't touching at wide points (like where they narrowed it for the 2018 update) I clean and wax the bottom of the chassis with Maxima SC1 New Bike in a Can | TwistedThrottle.com

2) Replace springs - Throw out old ones and install brand new springs of same part number - these springs only have a certain number of runs in them and they get weak

3) Diff is set improperly - getting the diff setting on the factory diff takes a little practice and a good "feel" for it - the rear end sounds like it is locking up, with traction so high (even on ETS carpet) the line between tight good and too tight and bad is a very fine line

I removed all the front droop on the car somewhere in the middle of making the car handle right, so not sure how much that helped the snap loose problem, but I have all the droop shimmed out of the front kingpins, saw a few setup sheets with the same kingpin shimming and just went to that and was happy with it

Hopefully that helps
Old 01-29-2018, 04:28 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Giorgio
In Fenix, we're proud to release our OPT038 - Wide Front End kit for Xray X1

This kit creates a 3mm wider front track width that will be helpful in high grip conditions.

Car will be less aggressive and chances of traction rolling are reduced.
I must have these, very nice
Old 01-29-2018, 05:35 PM
Dan
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RedBMaster
That seems a bit backwards. If you remove the sway bar shouldn't you be running a stiffer front spring?
No, stiffer front spring doesn't allow the car to lean (roll) into the turns as much. Traction roll will be much more violent the stiffer you go (assuming traction is high).

Tried the car without front swaybars last weekend, my car got faster. I was using Xray 1.5 front springs.
Old 01-29-2018, 10:16 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Adamska27
I must have these, very nice
Agreed. These look to be a great option for black carpet.
Old 01-31-2018, 12:50 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

subscribed

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.