Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree305Likes

Xray X1 - Formula One Car

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2018, 01:42 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by XrayAllDay1
Has anyone tried the 2mm (narrow) chassis on asphalt? Trying to figure out why no one (or team drivers) is using it on asphalt with rubber tires.
I have run it, 2mm. IMO the front narrow section is way too thin with the 2mm, it makes the steering inconsistent, sometimes it digs other times it bounces as it twists and untwists. No matter the grip level I could always run faster and more consistent with the stock carbon chassis.
Old 03-29-2018, 03:39 PM
Dan
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JayL
I have run it, 2mm. IMO the front narrow section is way too thin with the 2mm, it makes the steering inconsistent, sometimes it digs other times it bounces as it twists and untwists. No matter the grip level I could always run faster and more consistent with the stock carbon chassis.
+1

My worst Xray X1 option purchase.
Old 03-30-2018, 11:58 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Well OK

Guess that explains everything. Thanks
Originally Posted by JayL
Old 03-30-2018, 11:59 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Yep!!

Thank you.
Originally Posted by JEFFs SC10
I want to try it, it's probably good for low to very low to med bite conditions.

I think most outdoor setups are on the standard graphite chassis.

with more lube on the sides, stiffer springs and the right track width and inline setup on the battery you should be good to go. tires of course make a difference too.
Old 03-31-2018, 12:00 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Lol

Dang!
Thanxxxxx
Originally Posted by Dan
+1

My worst Xray X1 option purchase.
Old 04-01-2018, 06:14 PM
Tech Apprentice

Finished assembling the mechanical part of my 2018 kit. I bought an Associated front wing and a MonTech. The F6 wing is pretty long, nice quality. I do like the MonTech because you can adjust the downforce on it. Their molds are old, a lot of flash, looks like something you would buy in the 80s. It will take a good hour or two to clean up. I expectedbetter in this day and age. I race outdoor asphalt with decent traction, I will have to try all three to see what’s best. So far it looks pretty good, no tweak to speak of. Can’t wait to get it finished.
Old 04-03-2018, 08:07 AM
Dan
Tech Champion

Martin Hudy teased a picture on Facebook on what appears to be a new gear diff. From the look of things, could be sealed and possibly lighter than the Fenix diff.
chensleyrc1 and JEFFs SC10 like this.
Old 04-03-2018, 08:27 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Dan
Martin Hudy teased a picture on Facebook on what appears to be a new gear diff. From the look of things, could be sealed and possibly lighter than the Fenix diff.
I saw that, hopefully it will work well.
Old 04-03-2018, 08:30 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 71 (100%+)

is it recommended to run drag brake on these style of cars?

Off power the car felt sluggish and fat around corners, but I'm thinking it might have been the drag brake.
Old 04-03-2018, 08:37 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Darkgenerals

Off power the car felt sluggish and fat around corners, but I'm thinking it might have been the drag brake.
Yes, I don't run any drag brake either
Old 04-03-2018, 09:06 AM
Dan
Tech Champion

I run 25-35% drag brake. Personal preference. Then again I am not good at modulating push brake consistently on a technical track.
Old 04-03-2018, 09:14 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

it is more personal preference but i've seen more people say they run no drag brake opposed to the opposite. try without and see if you like it
Old 04-03-2018, 09:57 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by phatboislim
it is more personal preference but i've seen more people say they run no drag brake opposed to the opposite. try without and see if you like it
Generally, the thought on no drag brake is that you can carry more speed through the corner if you're not braking where it isn't necessary. Work on getting the car to turn with the chassis setup rather than using drag brake.
Old 04-03-2018, 09:59 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Darkgenerals

Originally Posted by Adamska27
Yes, I don't run any drag brake either
Originally Posted by Dan
I run 25-35% drag brake. Personal preference. Then again I am not good at modulating push brake consistently on a technical track.
Originally Posted by phatboislim
I look at it like this:
If I can get the car to turn and also keep the rear traction (carpet), no drag brake.
I've never been able to get enough rear grip on asphalt so I run drag brake to turn it and make the car push as to not spin out or be loose coming out of corners.
I'm not good at modulating push brake consistently corner to corner all day long either.
Easy enough to try each way to see what suits you best.
Old 04-03-2018, 10:19 AM
Tech Apprentice

No drag brake for me, on my touring car either. I can carry a lot more speed going in without having to find a sweet spot on the trigger.... the motor creates enough drag by itself...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.