Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree68Likes

Tamiya TA05 Touring Sedan

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2007, 05:08 PM
Tech Adept

Whats an important hop up AFTER i have bought all the necessary hop ups?

Thanks,

Juan
Old 01-14-2007, 05:09 PM
Tech Initiate

jeez just want to know comparison
Old 01-14-2007, 05:49 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 108 (100%+)

If they have it in locally..buy it there..if not, order from Champ! It's very, very easy to order from Champ.
Originally Posted by mangobanana
how much in comparison is it to buy from champ rather than your lhs
Old 01-14-2007, 05:55 PM
Tech Initiate

i know... i buy just about everything from my lhs especially since its just 2 mins from my house and the owners my neighbor
Old 01-14-2007, 07:37 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by juanfinesse
Whats an important hop up AFTER i have bought all the necessary hop ups?

Thanks,

Juan
I am the type of guy who buys hop-ups that make the car faster/easier to drive at my track. So I say work on tuning you car to make it better at your track. If you need something to do that then that's what you buy....like a spool, one-way, etc.

But if you want bling, there are plenty of hop-ups for that too...take your pick.
Old 01-14-2007, 07:38 PM
Tech Initiate

I have 5-6 hobby shops around me and I still saved a lot buying from RC Champ. I don't know you folks' prices in the mainland, but here in Hawaii it's most likely higher...either way, I saved a lot from products that my LHS don't even carry. Some items were more than half off MSRP.

Since I already got the blue-bling started, I'm most likely going to get a CF chassis in a few weeks. I just read on the last page that there are problems with the Tamiya carbon chassis being warped, so I'm leaning towards the 3racing or Xenon chassis. The only thing I'm thinking right now is weight issues. With drifting, a car too light slides too much...a lot of the people using Pro4's actually put lead weights to make the car bite a little harder. Being that the chassis is a non-Tamiya part, did any of you have handling issues?
Old 01-14-2007, 08:20 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Hi,

I was on tower and looking at TA-05 kitsand was wondering if there was a difference in the kits. Depending on the kit they don't seem to have the same length. Could any one please enlighten me. Thanks
Old 01-14-2007, 08:23 PM
Tech Master

Never mind. I just answered my own question. The wheelbase is the same. I guess it the overall length of the model thats different.
Any basic recommendations for carpet use?
Old 01-14-2007, 09:00 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Kregger
Hi,

I was on tower and looking at TA-05 kitsand was wondering if there was a difference in the kits. Depending on the kit they don't seem to have the same length. Could any one please enlighten me. Thanks
Only differences in the kits are the bodies.
Old 01-14-2007, 10:02 PM
Tech Adept

Hi guys

I am having a few problems with getting the ta05 setup.

I have been racing in mexico predominantly on asphalt with foam tires, and am use to diving into a corner and turning and the car stays planted. If i try this with the ta05 on type-a rubbers the back end just always wants to come around. i have tried many different setups and just cant seem to get the backend planted. Its like it has too much front traction, how would i get rid of front traction?. Or do i need to adjest by driving style to be more smooth around corners, slowing down sooner and such ?

Thanks for any help guys
Old 01-14-2007, 11:48 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by MoonTrap
Hi guys

I am having a few problems with getting the ta05 setup.

I have been racing in mexico predominantly on asphalt with foam tires, and am use to diving into a corner and turning and the car stays planted. If i try this with the ta05 on type-a rubbers the back end just always wants to come around. i have tried many different setups and just cant seem to get the backend planted. Its like it has too much front traction, how would i get rid of front traction?. Or do i need to adjest by driving style to be more smooth around corners, slowing down sooner and such ?

Thanks for any help guys
Rubber isn't gonna stick as well as foam. You probably need to drive different. Mine stays stuck in the rear. You might try increasing rear droop.
Old 01-15-2007, 03:35 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I found rear droop was just a little tweak to help the car, if you try and use this to get rid of the rear losing grip, you need to go and change the rear suspension block to one that give you +1 degree toe-in at the rear, giving three in total.
Old 01-15-2007, 11:52 AM
Saz
Tech Rookie

Wink

I raced my newer TA05 (with a 3Racing SSG silver carbon chassis) at the Chippenham Carpet Thrashnell on Sunday. This was the first proper time out with it. The first heat it tucked in too much, though I manged to stay in the top 1/3 of the 27T heats. After a few changes the car was a lot better the second round, just tucking in just a little too much. Third heat was again a lot better, though now it was understeering a little going into corners. I was over a second a lap better than the first two rounds. The last heat the car was perfect, I got such a buzz out of driving it as it went so well. I was really pleased with the car. I gridded 9th in the B final and again the car handled brilliantly to get a sixth place (did get to third but two slip ups cost me a few places).

A few people were interested in tha car, especially as most race Yokomos, Cyclones, Schumanchers and TC4s.

The TA-05 is so dialled it was just so pleasurable and easy to drive. It is a great car.

Must go and say goodnight to it now!!!!

Saz
Old 01-15-2007, 12:20 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by DA_cookie_monst
I found rear droop was just a little tweak to help the car, if you try and use this to get rid of the rear losing grip, you need to go and change the rear suspension block to one that give you +1 degree toe-in at the rear, giving three in total.
True, & you also might wanna try some different tires(tires can be as much as 80% of the equation). Have you tried some like TakeOff's CS-27's or CS-22's? Depending on the track temperature, you can certainly get good grip from them(Tamiya's Type-A's are ok, but not great, I'd only use 'em for TCS races indoors or on cool surfaces when neccessary). Perhaps if you could tell us a bit about the track you're racing on(including the temps there), we can help you get your setup in the ballpark.....
Old 01-15-2007, 04:16 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 315 (100%+)

Personally I'd stick away from the aftermarket CF chassis, now I was one of the first to have one, looked awesome, sold the car, went to a T1FK05 and now am back to a standard TA05

My lap times now are 0.1 slower than the CF TA05, 0.6 quicker than the T1FK05

and the only hop ups at this point are shocks. (TRF)

admittedly I learnt to drive too

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.