Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Team Associated TC6 Thread >

Team Associated TC6 Thread

Like Tree20Likes

Team Associated TC6 Thread

Old 10-13-2012, 03:34 PM
  #7636  
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 53
Default Tow in problem

Hi guys sorry to boder you but i am stuck. I need a 3 tow in on the rear but i cannot find the correct plastic. Is there a way i can measure them to get the result as they seem all the same for me.... Thanks in advance
Teamcastagna is offline  
Old 10-13-2012, 05:24 PM
  #7637  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (39)
 
tmaxx26power's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Nebraska
Posts: 754
Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Teamcastagna
Hi guys sorry to boder you but i am stuck. I need a 3 tow in on the rear but i cannot find the correct plastic. Is there a way i can measure them to get the result as they seem all the same for me.... Thanks in advance
Measure the thickness of the shims with a caliper.
tmaxx26power is offline  
Old 10-13-2012, 08:35 PM
  #7638  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (17)
 
bozzplayer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: canada
Posts: 268
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

Hi guys, I'm am new to associated tc, coming from racing tamiya and Xray tc, I've opt to try something new, so i ordered the new tc6.1wc and was hoping for any tips on the build and anything anyone can recommend for the car, i race on indoor 70'x50' Carpet Track with Heated Floor
bozzplayer is offline  
Old 10-14-2012, 02:27 AM
  #7639  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (2)
 
wtcc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Germany
Posts: 2,031
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

No real need for tuning parts or build tips. Maybe get four M3x3 grubscrews to reduce slop in the hubs and the ReflexRacing shock bladders for an easier/better shock build and zero rebound adjustment.

For the setup start with the Keven Herbert carpet setup as starting point.
wtcc is offline  
Old 10-14-2012, 03:39 AM
  #7640  
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: オランダ
Posts: 326
Default

With wtcc. I really like the Shock bladders from RSD, makes your shocks smooth.

Just be sure that the suspension (without the shocks on the car) is moving freely. But I guess that's also what you did on your previous cars.
dennisV is offline  
Old 10-14-2012, 04:29 AM
  #7641  
Tech Master
iTrader: (28)
 
bertottius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Barrington, NJ
Posts: 1,509
Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by bozzplayer
Hi guys, I'm am new to associated tc, coming from racing tamiya and Xray tc, I've opt to try something new, so i ordered the new tc6.1wc and was hoping for any tips on the build and anything anyone can recommend for the car, i race on indoor 70'x50' Carpet Track with Heated Floor
I use the IRS TC shocks on my tc6 and they're awesome. The stock shocks are OK too. Just make sure the suspension arms are free and don't bind.
bertottius is offline  
Old 10-14-2012, 09:05 AM
  #7642  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (2)
 
wtcc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Germany
Posts: 2,031
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

I knew it! That is where Umino get his ideas from!

http://ets.redrc.net/wp-content/gall...-uminojuho.jpg


By the way: Interesting to see a Yokomo Spool in a Team Driver car.

http://ets.redrc.net/wp-content/gall...juhotc61-5.jpg
wtcc is offline  
Old 10-14-2012, 10:24 AM
  #7643  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (2)
 
Francis M.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Yorba Linda, CA
Posts: 4,723
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Looks like team ae found something good. Keven and juho are near the top in big international races. Any one else notice juho runnind dcj for the rear?
Francis M. is offline  
Old 10-14-2012, 05:44 PM
  #7644  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (3)
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada
Posts: 436
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Team Grid RC
The instructions shows you how to strap the battery to chassis using strapping tape. If you strap it directly, the battery will prevent the chassis from flexing freely.

Give this try since it will allow you chassis to flex under the battery. It floats the battery slightly above the chassis.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/11071986-post29.html
Nice tip! Is this more beneficial when running on asphalt or is it good for carpet too?
jha07 is offline  
Old 10-14-2012, 09:30 PM
  #7645  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (17)
 
bozzplayer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: canada
Posts: 268
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by wtcc
No real need for tuning parts or build tips. Maybe get four M3x3 grubscrews to reduce slop in the hubs and the ReflexRacing shock bladders for an easier/better shock build and zero rebound adjustment.

For the setup start with the Keven Herbert carpet setup as starting point.
Thank for your recommendations guys
bozzplayer is offline  
Old 10-14-2012, 10:38 PM
  #7646  
Tech Master
iTrader: (55)
 
hanzo3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Anaheim Hills, CA
Posts: 1,293
Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)
Default

When does wc edition come out? Or is it already out?
hanzo3 is offline  
Old 10-15-2012, 12:54 AM
  #7647  
Tech Master
iTrader: (5)
 
evochick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Sydney AU
Posts: 1,550
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

my WC chassis was waiting for me in the post box when i got home from work today,

yep its narrow, i have no idea how i am going to fit my wiring, I can move the receiver back no problem, but when i move the ESC back i have no where to put the capacitor ???

suggestion anyone, ( yes i know i have to shorten all my cables so it isnt as messy, i just havnt got around to it yet)



Beth.
evochick is offline  
Old 10-15-2012, 01:41 AM
  #7648  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: New Zealand
Posts: 409
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by evochick
my WC chassis was waiting for me in the post box when i got home from work today,

yep its narrow, i have no idea how i am going to fit my wiring, I can move the receiver back no problem, but when i move the ESC back i have no where to put the capacitor ???

suggestion anyone, ( yes i know i have to shorten all my cables so it isnt as messy, i just havnt got around to it yet)



Beth.
my first one would be to tell me where you got the chassis from ? i havent been able to find one yet 8)

ed
Edwin Pibal is offline  
Old 10-15-2012, 01:41 AM
  #7649  
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Sweden
Posts: 410
Default

i tried this setup on carpet last weekend with good results, low/med grip carpet

http://www.petitrc.com/reglages/asso...nt20111113.pdf

changes from that is 6 droop in the front, 5 rear, 4deg caster, mazda speed6 body, flipped topdeck
Bappe is offline  
Old 10-15-2012, 01:46 AM
  #7650  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (1)
 
Losiho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Melbourne Australia
Posts: 646
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by evochick
suggestion anyone, ( yes i know i have to shorten all my cables so it isnt as messy, i just havnt got around to it yet)



Beth.

Beth -

Suggestion - possibly mount the receiver on top of the servo and rotate the HW ESC 90 degrees from how you have it positioned currently on your old chassis.

(This is the reason why I'm hesitant to change chassis. Why do manufacturers make big a$$ ESCs these days, with equally big power caps ? My favourite ESC was the LRP QC3 - small, efficient, no cap, mounts anywhere)

Hint for Associated - we would have more room for electronics with a forward mounted steering servo.....

Last edited by Losiho; 10-15-2012 at 01:47 AM. Reason: typo
Losiho is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.