Like Tree20Likes

Team Associated TC6 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2012, 06:28 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default TC6.1 quality??

Hey guys,
I'm trying to decide between an Xray T4 & TC6.1 wc.
I’ve' previously raced the original TC6 and although I was very happy with its performance, I wasn't overly satisfied with the quality for various reasons.
So my question for those who had the first tc6 kits is weather associated has improved their fit/finish and quality of their plastics/carbon/aluminium etc.??
Maybe it was because I picked up the first batch of tc6's but mine came with a bent chassis, bulk heads without threads and missing screws. I'm pretty sure these issues were isolated to the first batch but I just need some reassurance here.
Cheers..
Old 10-24-2012, 07:12 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Tc6.1 wc>t4
Old 10-24-2012, 07:18 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Does the tc6.1 ft kit come with wheels?
Old 10-24-2012, 08:48 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by azz187
Hey guys,
I’ve' previously raced the original TC6 and although I was very happy with its performance, I wasn't overly satisfied with the quality for various reasons.
So my question for those who had the first tc6 kits is weather associated has improved their fit/finish and quality of their plastics/carbon/aluminium etc.??
Maybe it was because I picked up the first batch of tc6's but mine came with a bent chassis, bulk heads without threads and missing screws. I'm pretty sure these issues were isolated to the first batch but I just need some reassurance here.
Cheers..
The first batch will always have issues in any company. I have ran all the versions of the TC6 and i have liked all of them. Ive ran them in everything from 17.5 to mod. Overall the quality is there and the improvements are very good from the original TC6.

The TC6.1 does not come with any wheels.

Jason Hunt
Old 10-24-2012, 08:58 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default New TC6.1 ft purchased

Just bought a TC6.1 ft. Could pass on the sale price. Just a few questions. Placing a order for a few needed items.
1. What is a good body?
2. What is a good lower priced esc, maybe something like HW? What spec esc is needed for touring
3. What pinions are needed for 17.5 racing?
4. Anything I need to order to start with?

I will be running a Revtech 17.5 and savox servo.
I have raced off road 2 & 4wd sct for a few years with my decked out Kyosho and SCTE. Not trying to cheap out on my esc, just want to make sure I like before sinking a ton in electronics. Thought I would give touring a try.
Old 10-24-2012, 09:05 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 102 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Resqnu
Just bought a TC6.1 ft. Could pass on the sale price. Just a few questions. Placing a order for a few needed items.
1. What is a good body?
2. What is a good lower priced esc, maybe something like HW? What spec esc is needed for touring

I have raced off road 2 & 4wd sct for a few years with my decked out Kyosho and SCTE. Not trying to cheap out on my esc, just want to make sure I like before sinking a ton in electronics. Thought I would give touring a try.
1. try a LTC-R or Mazdaspeed 6
2. Try a Hobbywing Juststock or Extreme Stock, very good for the price.
3. pinions - depend on spur gear which you will have to change when building the kit. try anything from 90 to 100 tooth spur then go from there on pinioin. Gearchart.com is your friend.
4. order spurs, maybe a few spare, shims, Chubs, steering knuckles, and arms..
car is pretty solid doesnt break much.
Old 10-24-2012, 09:06 AM
Tech Elite

There were some mistakes with the Hebert IIC setup sheets I posted earlier. They have now been revised in the original post and are listed below.

Keven Hebert - IIC - Super Stock 13.5

Keven Hebert - IIC - Modified
Old 10-24-2012, 09:13 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Does the tc6.1 ft kit come with wheels?
No
Old 10-24-2012, 09:19 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Hey guys,
Cheers..
I don't think you'll get an unbiased answer to T4 vs TC6.1 in a TC6 thread. But I recently got a TC6.1 and the kit didn't have any missing screws or untapped threads. I did notice on one of my shock towers, the bearing holder mounting holes weren't drilled very well and causes the bearing holder to be mounted a bit tilted. I just have to be sure to tighten the bearing holder to the bulking head before tightening the shock tower screws. Other than that, the kit went together pretty good.
Old 10-24-2012, 09:20 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Hey guys,
Cheers..
I can't speak to the TC6 or recall what I thought of the TC5 when I ran it, but overall I am happy with the quality of the TC6.1.

Is the quality and fit/finish better than that of the Xray? I don't believe it is, but I have owned about a half dozen Xray touring cars over the years and none of them handle like the TC6.1.

When I put my TC6.1 down on the track for the first time this year after a long off road season and a two year absence from on road, I could easily say within 2 laps that it was the best touring car I have ever driven. When I first ran a T3'11 a couple of years ago, it was awful out of the box and even after a number of changes it never really did get to the level I wanted it to.

My only two complaints about the TC6.1:

1) The hex of the flat head screws are a little small making the 2mm hex wrench a tight fit (aftermarket screws are cheap).

2) The turnbuckle eyelets are fairly tight when installed even with some plier squeezing efforts (they do loosen up with time).

My unbiased opinion? Buy the TC6.1, you will not be disappointed. I cannot guarantee the same for the T4.

-Kane
Old 10-24-2012, 09:22 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

1. What is a good body?

There were other replies while I was posting but heres my .02 anyway .

1. What is a good body? According to online posted setup sheets the Mazda 6 LW and the LTC-R LW are the most popular. I started with the regular weight versions for durability but am now moving to the light weight.
2. What is a good lower priced esc, maybe something like HW? What spec esc is needed for touring Cant say for sure as I've only used one brand. The LRP SXX Stock Spec ESC. I've liked it alot.
3. What pinions are needed for 17.5 racing? If you stay with the stock 48P 87t spur gear then the largest pinion you can fit (according to the gear chart in the manual) will be a 28t for a fdr of 6.21. I think that is way to high for 17.5 and like something in the 4-4.5fdr range for smaller tracks. Use the gear chart for non-timing stock brushless in the manual to decide what spur and pinion to use in 48p. Myself I currently use a 64p 96t spur with a 46t pinion for a fdr of 4.17.
4. Anything I need to order to start with? Tires, I just tried some Sorex 28r and really like them. Also consider what setup you are going to start with and order the oils, springs, and any other parts you need to complete the build. But the stock car and setup do work really well.
Old 10-24-2012, 09:29 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by olhipster1
1. try a LTC-R or Mazdaspeed 6
2. Try a Hobbywing Juststock or Extreme Stock, very good for the price.
3. pinions - depend on spur gear which you will have to change when building the kit. try anything from 90 to 100 tooth spur then go from there on pinioin. Gearchart.com is your friend.
4. order spurs, maybe a few spare, shims, Chubs, steering knuckles, and arms..
car is pretty solid doesnt break much.
So the stock spur does't work well?
I will be parking lot racing and a small concrete track. What spurs or fdr should I try to achieve?
Old 10-24-2012, 09:40 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rick Hohwart
There were some mistakes with the Hebert IIC setup sheets I posted earlier. They have now been revised in the original post and are listed below.

Keven Hebert - IIC - Super Stock 13.5

Keven Hebert - IIC - Modified
Rick thanks for posting these. I cant see a difference between the "a" and "c" versions for either of the two setups. Is there one?
Old 10-24-2012, 12:12 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

So the stock spur does't work well?
I will be parking lot racing and a small concrete track. What spurs or fdr should I try to achieve?
Are you wanting to do 48 or 64P? With 48P a 72 Spur will fit all of the Pinions that will keep you in the ballpark. For example, I use a 35T pinion on 17.5 Reedy. 4.11 FDR.
Old 10-24-2012, 12:16 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Rockin G
Are you wanting to do 48 or 64P? With 48P a 72 Spur will fit all of the Pinions that will keep you in the ballpark. For example, I use a 35T pinion on 17.5 Reedy. 4.11 FDR.
I like the idea of using the 48p pinions, as I have a set from 15-28. But I will buy what is needed.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.