Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Team Associated TC6 Thread >

Team Associated TC6 Thread

Like Tree20Likes

Team Associated TC6 Thread

Old 10-16-2012, 03:10 PM
  #7666  
Tech Master
iTrader: (21)
 
ChadB.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Hillsboro,OR
Posts: 1,341
Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default

Rick,
Any chance you are going to run the TZGP and battle it out with Kevin Hebert?
ChadB. is offline  
Old 10-16-2012, 03:17 PM
  #7667  
Tech Elite
 
Rick Hohwart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 4,004
Default

Originally Posted by ChadB.
Rick,
Any chance you are going to run the TZGP and battle it out with Kevin Hebert?
Unfortunately I will not be able to make it to the race.
Rick Hohwart is offline  
Old 10-16-2012, 11:42 PM
  #7668  
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Germany
Posts: 112
Default

Originally Posted by Rick Hohwart

Juho has been running this same basic setup since the Worlds. He has run on carpet and asphalt on Ride, Sorex, and Jaco tires. The car really responds well with this setup and I think it is a good place to start. I ran something very close to win the ROAR Nats (on Solaris tires).

We are not sure why this is good but even going back to the TC5 days we set up the car this way.
Rick, thanks for the response.

Hmmm, for sure will give it try on our High Grip Carpet Indoor Track running Mod on LRP CPX Tires.
FrankH is offline  
Old 10-17-2012, 01:25 AM
  #7669  
Tech Adept
 
S_fender's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Dijon, France
Posts: 172
Default

Originally Posted by jha07
Do you drill a hole at the bottom of each hub for the grubscrews?
Hello,

I've bought Lunsford tc5 titanium hinge pin. it reduce slope a lot.

Sébastien.
S_fender is offline  
Old 10-17-2012, 01:53 AM
  #7670  
Tech Initiate
 
duggyload's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: South Africa
Posts: 44
Default TC 6 Arms

Anybody know what a arms came with the standard TC 6 kit
The hard (31203) or the soft (31205)
Thanks
duggyload is offline  
Old 10-17-2012, 02:26 AM
  #7671  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: New Zealand
Posts: 409
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by duggyload
Anybody know what a arms came with the standard TC 6 kit
The hard (31203) or the soft (31205)
Thanks
its the hard part

ed
Edwin Pibal is offline  
Old 10-17-2012, 02:56 AM
  #7672  
Tech Master
iTrader: (28)
 
YoDog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Gilroy, Ca.
Posts: 1,998
Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Default

Rick, I had to give the high roll center a try and I'd have to say that although it would seem that I should loose what little traction I get on our very bumpy parking lot track but quite the opposite happened. I went from the lowest roll center to the 2A all around with short links you had posted from the nats. Traction is still good but the car feels more responsive yet balanced and seems to respond to other small changes with a lot of predictability. I like it!
Running my leftover powers 36s from the Reedy event and people are amazed at how much better my car is hooked up than theirs. At night by the way, temps in the high 60s. Thanks for sharing this find.
YoDog is offline  
Old 10-17-2012, 08:58 AM
  #7673  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (3)
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada
Posts: 436
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by YoDog
Rick, I had to give the high roll center a try and I'd have to say that although it would seem that I should loose what little traction I get on our very bumpy parking lot track but quite the opposite happened. I went from the lowest roll center to the 2A all around with short links you had posted from the nats. Traction is still good but the car feels more responsive yet balanced and seems to respond to other small changes with a lot of predictability. I like it!
Running my leftover powers 36s from the Reedy event and people are amazed at how much better my car is hooked up than theirs. At night by the way, temps in the high 60s. Thanks for sharing this find.
You went from the lowest roll center to the 2A? Isn't 2A also a low roll center?
jha07 is offline  
Old 10-17-2012, 11:01 AM
  #7674  
Tech Master
iTrader: (28)
 
YoDog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Gilroy, Ca.
Posts: 1,998
Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by jha07
You went from the lowest roll center to the 2A? Isn't 2A also a low roll center?
Sorry, you're right. I meant 2B... Posting way past my bed time. LOL
YoDog is offline  
Old 10-17-2012, 12:48 PM
  #7675  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (22)
 
RussF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Salt Lake City Utah
Posts: 568
Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Default

I see the high roll center helped on the asphalt setup. Is it a good idea for carpet also?
RussF is offline  
Old 10-17-2012, 12:50 PM
  #7676  
Tech Apprentice
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Edmonds, WA
Posts: 54
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

I just got my first TC6.1 and was wondering from where to get the body shell? I am new to RC so don't know how to paint the body yet. Right now looking for a body for the VTA class that can get me in the game.

Thanks.
FourWheels is offline  
Old 10-17-2012, 01:00 PM
  #7677  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (22)
 
RussF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Salt Lake City Utah
Posts: 568
Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by FourWheels
I just got my first TC6.1 and was wondering from where to get the body shell? I am new to RC so don't know how to paint the body yet. Right now looking for a body for the VTA class that can get me in the game.

Thanks.
Tower and AMain are good for unpainted bodies. Just add a can of paint for lexan in the color of your choice. Mask the windows with the supplied masks and paint away. Easy. There are some prepainted ones available on Ebay if you want to just buy one already done.

Make sure you get a body that is legal for VTA in your area. There should be a list available but its usually all the Vintage bodies you can find. You might also need the specified tires and rims in addition to the electronics so make sure you check all the rules before purchase.
RussF is offline  
Old 10-17-2012, 01:08 PM
  #7678  
Tech Master
iTrader: (28)
 
YoDog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Gilroy, Ca.
Posts: 1,998
Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by RussF
Tower and AMain are good for unpainted bodies. Just add a can of paint for lexan in the color of your choice. Mask the windows with the supplied masks and paint away. Easy. There are some prepainted ones available on Ebay if you want to just buy one already done.

Make sure you get a body that is legal for VTA in your area. There should be a list available but its usually all the Vintage bodies you can find. You might also need the specified tires and rims in addition to the electronics so make sure you check all the rules before purchase.
In addition, I would suggest looking for some painting tips from youtube or somewhere to get an understanding of how to paint polycarbonite bodies.
Rule of thumb...less is more and do several light coats.
YoDog is offline  
Old 10-17-2012, 01:08 PM
  #7679  
Tech Apprentice
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Edmonds, WA
Posts: 54
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by RussF
Tower and AMain are good for unpainted bodies. Just add a can of paint for lexan in the color of your choice. Mask the windows with the supplied masks and paint away. Easy. There are some prepainted ones available on Ebay if you want to just buy one already done.

Make sure you get a body that is legal for VTA in your area. There should be a list available but its usually all the Vintage bodies you can find. You might also need the specified tires and rims in addition to the electronics so make sure you check all the rules before purchase.
Sure, Thanks.
FourWheels is offline  
Old 10-17-2012, 01:12 PM
  #7680  
Tech Master
iTrader: (28)
 
YoDog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Gilroy, Ca.
Posts: 1,998
Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by RussF
I see the high roll center helped on the asphalt setup. Is it a good idea for carpet also?
Well based on what Rick Hohwart has stated, it's a good setup for carpet as well.
I would have to imagine this is so since you typically want higher roll center in high grip conditions. I was just surprised at how good it was in so so traction conditions.
YoDog is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.