Search
Like Tree20Likes

Team Associated TC6 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2012, 02:10 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Rick,
Any chance you are going to run the TZGP and battle it out with Kevin Hebert?
Old 10-16-2012, 02:17 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by ChadB.
Rick,
Any chance you are going to run the TZGP and battle it out with Kevin Hebert?
Unfortunately I will not be able to make it to the race.
Old 10-16-2012, 10:42 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Rick Hohwart

Juho has been running this same basic setup since the Worlds. He has run on carpet and asphalt on Ride, Sorex, and Jaco tires. The car really responds well with this setup and I think it is a good place to start. I ran something very close to win the ROAR Nats (on Solaris tires).

We are not sure why this is good but even going back to the TC5 days we set up the car this way.
Rick, thanks for the response.

Hmmm, for sure will give it try on our High Grip Carpet Indoor Track running Mod on LRP CPX Tires.
Old 10-17-2012, 12:25 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by jha07
Do you drill a hole at the bottom of each hub for the grubscrews?
Hello,

I've bought Lunsford tc5 titanium hinge pin. it reduce slope a lot.

Sébastien.
Old 10-17-2012, 12:53 AM
Tech Initiate

Default TC 6 Arms

Anybody know what a arms came with the standard TC 6 kit
The hard (31203) or the soft (31205)
Thanks
Old 10-17-2012, 01:26 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by duggyload
Anybody know what a arms came with the standard TC 6 kit
The hard (31203) or the soft (31205)
Thanks
its the hard part

ed
Old 10-17-2012, 01:56 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Rick, I had to give the high roll center a try and I'd have to say that although it would seem that I should loose what little traction I get on our very bumpy parking lot track but quite the opposite happened. I went from the lowest roll center to the 2A all around with short links you had posted from the nats. Traction is still good but the car feels more responsive yet balanced and seems to respond to other small changes with a lot of predictability. I like it!
Running my leftover powers 36s from the Reedy event and people are amazed at how much better my car is hooked up than theirs. At night by the way, temps in the high 60s. Thanks for sharing this find.
Old 10-17-2012, 07:58 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by YoDog
Rick, I had to give the high roll center a try and I'd have to say that although it would seem that I should loose what little traction I get on our very bumpy parking lot track but quite the opposite happened. I went from the lowest roll center to the 2A all around with short links you had posted from the nats. Traction is still good but the car feels more responsive yet balanced and seems to respond to other small changes with a lot of predictability. I like it!
Running my leftover powers 36s from the Reedy event and people are amazed at how much better my car is hooked up than theirs. At night by the way, temps in the high 60s. Thanks for sharing this find.
You went from the lowest roll center to the 2A? Isn't 2A also a low roll center?
Old 10-17-2012, 10:01 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by jha07
You went from the lowest roll center to the 2A? Isn't 2A also a low roll center?
Sorry, you're right. I meant 2B... Posting way past my bed time. LOL
Old 10-17-2012, 11:48 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

I see the high roll center helped on the asphalt setup. Is it a good idea for carpet also?
Old 10-17-2012, 11:50 AM
Tech Apprentice

I just got my first TC6.1 and was wondering from where to get the body shell? I am new to RC so don't know how to paint the body yet. Right now looking for a body for the VTA class that can get me in the game.

Thanks.
Old 10-17-2012, 12:00 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by FourWheels
I just got my first TC6.1 and was wondering from where to get the body shell? I am new to RC so don't know how to paint the body yet. Right now looking for a body for the VTA class that can get me in the game.

Thanks.
Tower and AMain are good for unpainted bodies. Just add a can of paint for lexan in the color of your choice. Mask the windows with the supplied masks and paint away. Easy. There are some prepainted ones available on Ebay if you want to just buy one already done.

Make sure you get a body that is legal for VTA in your area. There should be a list available but its usually all the Vintage bodies you can find. You might also need the specified tires and rims in addition to the electronics so make sure you check all the rules before purchase.
Old 10-17-2012, 12:08 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by RussF
Tower and AMain are good for unpainted bodies. Just add a can of paint for lexan in the color of your choice. Mask the windows with the supplied masks and paint away. Easy. There are some prepainted ones available on Ebay if you want to just buy one already done.

Make sure you get a body that is legal for VTA in your area. There should be a list available but its usually all the Vintage bodies you can find. You might also need the specified tires and rims in addition to the electronics so make sure you check all the rules before purchase.
In addition, I would suggest looking for some painting tips from youtube or somewhere to get an understanding of how to paint polycarbonite bodies.
Rule of thumb...less is more and do several light coats.
Old 10-17-2012, 12:08 PM
Tech Apprentice

Sure, Thanks.
Old 10-17-2012, 12:12 PM
Tech Elite

I see the high roll center helped on the asphalt setup. Is it a good idea for carpet also?
Well based on what Rick Hohwart has stated, it's a good setup for carpet as well.
I would have to imagine this is so since you typically want higher roll center in high grip conditions. I was just surprised at how good it was in so so traction conditions.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.