Search
Like Tree2Likes

Losi XXX-S

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2003, 03:59 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

heres a pretty good setup that most losi guys should love

this is for asphalt but to make it work on carpet just use purple springs all the way around
6 degree hubs front
low roll center front and back
off set rear hubs
green front springs
blue rear springs
front shock 2nd hole in
rear shock 2nd hole in
2 degres front camber
1.5 degree rear camber
purple and plaid tires
stratus 2.0
camber link on old towers;
3rd in front 3rd in rear
60 wt oil
This is a great starting point or setup for jsut about any condition

Last edited by CA$H's son; 11-17-2003 at 06:47 PM.
Old 11-17-2003, 07:15 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

what do you guys mean by 2R?
also, can anyone explain the affects of the roll center mounts?
Thanks
Old 11-17-2003, 08:24 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

2R is the rear pivot block. People are running it in the front to achieve different handling results. It makes the inner hinge pins run straight rather than at a angle.

A low roll center mount is going to let the car roll more. A high mount will make the car drive flatter and should make it more responsive.
Old 11-18-2003, 06:22 AM
Tech Adept

brian I think roll center is the oposite ! low roll supose to give less roll and high roll will roll more !
Old 11-18-2003, 06:27 AM
Tech Adept

Thumbs up

»I had this question about roll center ! thanks
Old 11-18-2003, 06:30 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

read the team orion setup guide. it tells you every thing you need know about setting up an rc car.

mainracer, you are taking things to literally
Old 11-18-2003, 09:35 AM
Tech Master

Mainracer-A low roll mount means that the hinge pin is moved closer to the chassis. This should allow the car to roll more. I just checked my Losi manual it is the same along with the XXX Main set--up guide.
Old 11-18-2003, 10:17 AM
Tech Regular

I was thinking of getting a XXX-S G+ for racing both carpet and concrete/asphalt. Is there anything you would say is a "must have" (low roll centers, one way, or other mods or parts) for racing? I'm new to TC racing so any ideas would help.

Thanks.
Old 11-18-2003, 01:39 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally posted by mainracer
brian I think roll center is the oposite ! low roll supose to give less roll and high roll will roll more !
mainracer, roll centers are relative to the center of gravity/ mass concentration of the particular suspension geometry ( front or rear). Having a low roll center the roll center is of a greater distance to the center of gravity. And having a high roll center the roll center is of closer distance to the center of gravity. Now think of a socket wrench. The longer the wrench the easier it is to undo a bolt. The shorter the wrench the harder it is to undo a bolt. Having a low roll center is like having a long wrench. It's easier for the car to "roll". And having a high roll center is like having a short wrench. It's harder for the car to "roll".

Hope this helps you out. And doesn't confuse you more.
Old 11-18-2003, 02:42 PM
Tech Fanatic

well wait, since everyone runs low "rc" on carpet, wouldn't you want no roll on carpet, and lots of roll on ashpalt, since there isn't as much grip on ashaplt, in order to get around a turn, you would need roll.
Old 11-18-2003, 07:24 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

tooooo much traction on carpet therefore you can do traction rolls with alot of roll
makes sense if you think about it
Old 11-18-2003, 07:55 PM
Tech Fanatic

i hate those, i think i hate the right traction, then i make a quick turn, and i roll, they break arms pretty easy too.
i get the consept
Old 11-18-2003, 08:05 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

wcoyote i just purchased the xxx-s g+ to race indoor carpet and all you need is foam tires stiff springs pinions and electrics

i built mine changed the shocks a little 55wt front 50 rear purple stiff springs front and rear and its great

already guys are asking me what ive done to get it to handle so well and i cant tell them because honestly i dont know i tell them nothing i just built it and drove it

i plan on buying as few hop-ups as possible because most of the stuff out there just adds weight

oh i guess one thing is the brp front bumper its the only thing ive added and may well be the only must have hopup
Old 11-18-2003, 10:12 PM
Tech Master

The car just plain handles. The suspension is right on the Losi and everything works together on it. It rotates hard and carries awesome corner speed. I have driven most cars out there and I think that it is the best handling car out there with the limited amount of time I had with it.

I set-up my car to roll with foam tires and it doesn't need to be as responsive. It would bite hard and traction roll or be up on 2 wheels in the corners with the higher mounts.
Old 11-18-2003, 10:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally posted by wcoyote
I was thinking of getting a XXX-S G+ for racing both carpet and concrete/asphalt. Is there anything you would say is a "must have" (low roll centers, one way, or other mods or parts) for racing? I'm new to TC racing so any ideas would help.

Thanks.

out of the box, probably, just harder oil and springs, and tires or foams, are all you need to get the G+ dialed in. No real "must-have yet"

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.