Search
Like Tree2Likes

Losi XXX-S

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2003, 10:45 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally posted by ROBORAT
highwayman: next time we hit the track i'll help you out with your set-up. but you have to be willing to try what i suggest. we're still talking about tset-up for he fiesta track right?

of course... i am willing to try out anything...

... and yes, we were testing for the fiesta track...
Old 09-05-2003, 08:01 PM
Administrator

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

ray i have one of those also.....it was quite a car....
Old 09-05-2003, 08:54 PM
Tech Adept

it seems like there is something going on at the ripon CA track...we havent raced in almost two months and this weekends race was just cancelled. I dont know but this doesnt seem good.
Old 09-07-2003, 11:55 AM
Tech Initiate

Default Kit/Diff problems...

Help me with a basic problem...

Just started to build my new XXX-S G+ and already I have problems...

1. In the very first bag, one of the sealed packs of thrust balls clearly has only 7 thrust balls and 1 DIFF BALL (the bigger kind) !!! So right off the bat I knew I could only build one diff today since I don't want to damage the diff with the wrong type of ball in between the thrust washers. I will call Losi on Monday and I am sure they will send me new thrust balls but still... disappointing. I will pick up a thrust ball kit so I continue the build and not have to wait...

2. I started the build of the first diff, and I have built several Losi diffs for the XXX-T and XXX-NT so I am familar. The build went very smoothly until I slowly started to engage the thrust screw into the diff nut. The screw clearly engages but isn't nearly long enough and so despite screwing the thrust screw as far as it will go there is still 1 mm + play and the diff isn't anywhere near secure. I know I built it right, the washers are all flush, facing the right direction, the diff nut is properly seated, as are the bearings, etc... the screw just isn't long enough! What the *heck* am I doing wrong?

Very bad start with this kit on Bag A...
Old 09-07-2003, 12:36 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by jkerr0043
I havent tried the one way yet and not sure if I want to. I like brakes too much! Guys always wonder how I go so deep into the corners and still make it through tightly. It's all about braking points.
I'd have to agree. I like to have brakes. I'm not a big fan of oneways.
Old 09-08-2003, 03:06 AM
Tech Addict

Originally posted by MDawson
Let us know how your test flight works out!!!

I still have one of those around here somewhere.....
One of my clubmates bought the Cyrul conversion, used it once or twice then stopped racing altogether...
Old 09-09-2003, 11:57 AM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by rayhuang
Hey guys,

Do you guys rememer how this whole Losi Sedan started out???
Also-do you remember Josh Cyruls modified IWC?? Heres some killer pics of a car that is NOT Josh's, but it copied every idea he had-the sway bar is especially nice!!! So if you ever wondered what Josh was driving the year before he started to test the XXXS-here it is.

Enjoy the pics!!
When I first got into racing a couple years ago, my first car(s) were a pair of Street Weapons (an IWC and an upgraded standard car). I eventually upgraded the standard car to a Cyrul kit; that's the car on the left in the picture below and the car in the bottom pic... The middle car is my first XXX-S (a standard car which has since become a "XXX-R Rally Car" - see my article on the conversion for details... and the car on the right is a Rally Weapon which I sold once I felt confident that my XXX-R was the Shizznit. I used the Cyrul car to place 2nd in a season-long Spec class (Beetle Cup.)

Enjoy!

Old 09-09-2003, 05:11 PM
Tech Regular

hey, i'm looking into getting a xxx-s, after having my tc3 for over 2 years and never having luck with it... what do you guys think of the xxxs compared to the tc3? what are the pluses, and maybe the minuses? thanks for the input.
Old 09-09-2003, 05:37 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

It comes down to personal preferance. I like the Losi better. It seems smoother and it's much easier to get hooked up. The tc3 was either strapped or it sucked. And the slightest change in temp eould swing it from one to the other. The Losi seems more stable in that aspect.
Old 09-09-2003, 10:45 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally posted by TC3Racer67
hey, i'm looking into getting a xxx-s, after having my tc3 for over 2 years and never having luck with it... what do you guys think of the xxxs compared to the tc3? what are the pluses, and maybe the minuses? thanks for the input.
my personal pluses for the losi:

1. lesser breakage than my TC3
2. easier to set-up, one change can be easily felt.
3. easy diff access. better diffs. (whole lot better)
4. easier shock re-build
5. sealed drive train, rocks do not get in my 64 pitch gears,
Old 09-10-2003, 08:26 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

hi guys!!

i'm currently building a xxxs gplus and i must say i am impressed with the car. i was really enjoying building it until i installed the rear diff and secured the rear diff housing. there was substantial play with the diff inside the housing. i know i could still tighten the screws a wee bit more but i dont really think it will eliminate the play. i checked out highwayman's car and the play was also there. but my front diff was securely placed without any detectable play at all, unlike the rear. shouldn't there be any play at all? or was it really designed to move in the housing with the belt holding it in place? (which i doubt) many thanks in advance!!
Old 09-10-2003, 08:30 PM
Administrator

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

dont worry about it...they all do it.........does not effect anything.....
Old 09-11-2003, 09:10 AM
Tech Addict

I was reading the new RC Car Action and they had an articile in there on the XXXS from a kid named travis I think. He hangs out with Kinwald and all those guys. Anyway he mounted is steering linkage to the center of the steering crank. Have any of you tried this yet? If so let me know what you think.
Old 09-11-2003, 09:53 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

That was Josh Neuman. He won the open mod class @ the Reedy Race. That mod if I'm not mistake was just to make easier to set up his servo. I don't think there's a perfromance gain from it.
Old 09-11-2003, 09:54 AM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by BallPy
I was reading the new RC Car Action and they had an articile in there on the XXXS from a kid named travis I think. He hangs out with Kinwald and all those guys. Anyway he mounted is steering linkage to the center of the steering crank. Have any of you tried this yet? If so let me know what you think.
I JUST did this myself. The effect may be in his head, but it does make sense that it would be more even in its draw left and right. It was really easy to do, as long as you have a longer tie-rod to connect to the middle of the crossmember. You also may need to shave a little off the ball cup, especially if you're using heavy-duty ones, or it will rub on the inside of the chassis cutout.

I have yet to run this car in a race with the mod - I'll be running this weekend. I think that you'll probably see a little more steering accuracy with the mod, but for most drivers it will be negligible.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.