Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jimmy..maddison
ive never had a problem of being under weight
Check your family tree! You might be related to Andy Moore and Gilles Groskamp
Old 10-30-2007, 08:01 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

I was going to make fun of you for being picky, but your winning, so it must work!
Old 10-30-2007, 08:04 AM
Tech Elite

Anyone know what will Schumacher do concerning the new EFRA min weight rule of 1350g w/ 5 cell? I wonder what 5 cell Mi3 cars are weighing in at, and if the new weight rule is making Schumacher R&D make changes to lighten car as much as possible...Xray '008 is developing new composite diffs and delrin front spool to lighten things up a bit...
Old 10-30-2007, 08:19 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Originally Posted by yyhayyim
Anyone know what will Schumacher do concerning the new EFRA min weight rule of 1350g w/ 5 cell? I wonder what 5 cell Mi3 cars are weighing in at, and if the new weight rule is making Schumacher R&D make changes to lighten car as much as possible...Xray '008 is developing new composite diffs and delrin front spool to lighten things up a bit...

Wow, that's light. My car weighs in at 1450 grams with the parts mentioned above. With the LW bulkheads I think you lose something around 30 grams. If you switched the suspension mount screws to titanium, and all the other screws on the car to aluminum you would drop around 20-30 grams I'd think. Switch to Mi2 arms to shave a few grams. Aluminum turnbuckles. Low profile servo. You'd still be overweight, but I bet you could get the car under 1380-1390 with those changes.
Old 10-30-2007, 08:36 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)
Thumbs up attn:Adam

Yo Adam I have a order on back order "waitting for the L/W bulk heads u say they r in do I need to call Or am I waitting for something else ? LMK Kevin in Spfld IL
Old 10-30-2007, 08:41 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

we have them in and ready to ship, i'm filling backorders as they come in, but yeah i have yours ready to go, you want me to ship it?

Originally Posted by Customworksking
Yo Adam I have a order on back order "waitting for the L/W bulk heads u say they r in do I need to call Or am I waitting for something else ? LMK Kevin in Spfld IL
Old 10-30-2007, 08:58 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)

Originally Posted by abailey21
we have them in and ready to ship, i'm filling backorders as they come in, but yeah i have yours ready to go, you want me to ship it?
sure I will call u and gut u paid thanx
Old 10-30-2007, 09:22 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default 07 halloween setup - for the gate

congrats to all the good performances with schumacher cars this past weekend.

here's what i ended up with for the halloween classic: (attached)

less castor, long rear end, super low roll centers, low rear toe, and a big spring bias. other than that, it was similar to vegas. my only complaint was that most of the steering came in the first half of the wheel. probably could have been rectified with some c/a on the front walls, but i really don't like doing that.

have at it. make sure you shave the front arms off a few 1/10ths of a millimeter to get them off the chassis. i didn't notice this until after my first run with them that low.
Attached Files
Old 10-30-2007, 09:27 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by abailey21
Looks like I'm gonna be way underweight now, lol.
Old 10-30-2007, 09:31 AM
Tech Adept

New?? Its been 1350g for a year now, the BRCA has just put ours up to 1425 and expect EFRA to do the same (or 1400)
Old 10-30-2007, 09:35 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Randy Caster
Wow, that's light. My car weighs in at 1450 grams with the parts mentioned above. With the LW bulkheads I think you lose something around 30 grams. If you switched the suspension mount screws to titanium, and all the other screws on the car to aluminum you would drop around 20-30 grams I'd think. Switch to Mi2 arms to shave a few grams. Aluminum turnbuckles. Low profile servo. You'd still be overweight, but I bet you could get the car under 1380-1390 with those changes.
That's where Schumacher R&D will have to come up with new lighter parts to lighten things up a bit...unless EFRA allows Lipo or turns to 4 cell...but at 5 cell 1350 weight, how much money racers will have to invest to get their cars within the 1375g range?

TI turnbuckles & screws- $80
LW bulkheads- $75
TI Hinge pins- $25-30?
------------------------
thats close to $180 on top of the kit to get it down to where others will be trying to get them down to...

I think that maybe Schumacher should seriusly consider selling a new kit which includes most of these upgrades already, along with composite diff and front delrin spool, at least for those running 19t and stock...yes, the kit will go up in price, but I'd rather pay the $450-475 and have all the LW components than have to dish more money out myself...for example it has worked out very well for the HB Cyclone kits, like the HB Cyclone WCE edition
which for around $470 includes all alum rear diff, front spool, one-way, Titanium turnbuckles, ti-nitride inner and outer hingepins, Ti-nitride shock shafts, etc, which makes the car very tough but very light...all in one package...
Old 10-30-2007, 09:51 AM
Tech Adept

That's where Schumacher R&D will have to come up with new lighter parts to lighten things up a bit...unless EFRA allows Lipo or turns to 4 cell...but at 5 cell 1350 weight, how much money racers will have to invest to get their cars within the 1375g range?

TI turnbuckles & screws- $80
LW bulkheads- $75
TI Hinge pins- $25-30?
------------------------
thats close to $180 on top of the kit to get it down to where others will be trying to get them down to...

I think that maybe Schumacher should seriusly consider selling a new kit which includes most of these upgrades already, along with composite diff and front delrin spool, at least for those running 19t and stock...yes, the kit will go up in price, but I'd rather pay the $450-475 and have all the LW components than have to dish more money out myself...for example it has worked out very well for the HB Cyclone kits, like the HB Cyclone WCE edition
which for around $470 includes all alum rear diff, front spool, one-way, Titanium turnbuckles, ti-nitride inner and outer hingepins, Ti-nitride shock shafts, etc, which makes the car very tough but very light...all in one package...
I guess you were writing the above as I was posting..... The NEW BRCA weight limit of 1425g will be a lot easier and cheaper to acheive than the very optimistic 1350g that we have been running for the past year.
Old 10-30-2007, 10:00 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

I just heard throught the grapevine that my good buddy and racing accomplice, Andrew Doherty, is now officially part of Team Schumacher.

Shawn decided that in spite of Andrew's dorkiness, that he still can be a vital asset to Schumacher USA. AWD has really stepped up his game the past 6 months and I look forward to see where he is going in the racing community.

Welcome to the team!!!!
Old 10-30-2007, 10:01 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

You may see a kit like that coming out in the future, I've heard multiple ideas for future releases that I can't really talk about, but I know whatever route Schumacher chooses to go it will make some people happy, and some people not so happy, because honestly NO company will ever be able to make everyone happy with what they get in a kit.

Our rear diff is already lightweight, yes, it could be made out of delrin, but I like the idea of never having an outdrive wear out (to this date I havent changed a single outdrive due to wear)

Same goes for our front spool. I have a pair of extra spool outdrives that have been sitting in the box waiting for months, I havent worn out a single spool outdrive with the current material. Delrin spools are lightweight, but they break. I'd rather run the part that wont break at the cost of 5 grams.

Titanium turnbuckles would definately be nice to include in the kit, I agree with you there.

Titanium Nitride doesn't make up the entire shock shaft or hinge pin, it is only a coating over the steel part, so those have nothing to do with the weight of the car. Schumacher does offer the titanium hinge pins, which are lighter and can save you some weight.

The hobby isn't cheap, Schumacher chose to use the parts on our current kit because they are durable and so they can still offer the kit at a super competitive price.
Old 10-30-2007, 10:14 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Kevin gimmie a call this afternoon, but i already have your card on the order, so let me know.

McGoo is correct and welcome to the team Andrew

Last edited by abailey21; 10-30-2007 at 10:29 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.