Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Schumacher Corner

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2007, 10:17 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

You really shouldn't need to overdrive a oneway. The overdrive Randy is running is just a 414 pulley built like a diff but with the diff balls taken out and locked down.
Old 08-19-2007, 03:24 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by justin lessard
did you build them,tray em...and wait a long time to charge them?...if so there dead (garbage)...but maybe your peak detect to to low...put them at a 02-03 cutoff...but if they are warn at 500 seconds...then throw them away
Well its been a long time since i have raced (so sold all my gear) so i don't own a tray at this very moment in time.

So i built them but my step mother was working nights so couldn't really charge them. Got round to charging them and they were just being dodgey.

I can't really afford to be chucking £100+ in the bin, and considering i haven't even used them yet

Jon - Yes they are IB's, i believe they are the WC's but don't hold me on that.

This really is a shitter aint it. 2 weeks until the national and i have no cells

Thanks
Matt
Old 08-19-2007, 03:38 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Yeh...its to late now(probably).. BUT were they new cells? If so there was a dodgy batch of IBs ....try charging and dis charging them a couple of times...this helped the cells I had...as you now know DO NOT store IBs without charge.My system is to take the pack out of the car after a race,then put the cells away until the day before the next race day then take them down to 5.4 on the discharger.on race day I rack them then immediatly charge them for the race...this way they always have enough charge in them.If you do not have a rack then I suggest you discharge them on race morning and charge immediatley... hope this helps
Old 08-19-2007, 05:21 AM
Tech Master

Hmm, the guy in the shop did mention something about a few dodgey packs but this was a fair while after i got mine.

I will try cycling them a few times and see how they go but it aint looking good
Old 08-19-2007, 02:27 PM
Tech Master

Right, sorry for annoying you all but just an update on the cell situation.

I charged and discharged all the cells once, then charged them and discharged them again to get some figures, they are just rough figures, not exact.

pack 1 - 2700 in, 2700 out

pack 2 - 800 in, 750 out

pack 3 - 825 in, 1000 out (how does that work out)

So it does look like all the packs are totally FUBARed, although pack 1 seems to be the least affected (i labelled them so i know which pack is which)

I don't know what im going to do, other than buy some new cells as the national is in 2 weeks time
Old 08-19-2007, 02:51 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default Set up

Thanks Justin for Setting the Mi3 Up today. It seem to be plenty fast....Just need to grab alittle more steering.......See ya at the Wood.
Old 08-19-2007, 05:15 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by raving-monkey
Right, sorry for annoying you all but just an update on the cell situation.

I charged and discharged all the cells once, then charged them and discharged them again to get some figures, they are just rough figures, not exact.

pack 1 - 2700 in, 2700 out

pack 2 - 800 in, 750 out

pack 3 - 825 in, 1000 out (how does that work out)

So it does look like all the packs are totally FUBARed, although pack 1 seems to be the least affected (i labelled them so i know which pack is which)

I don't know what im going to do, other than buy some new cells as the national is in 2 weeks time
Unfortunately that's really all you can do. IB cells are so fragile and unpredictable. Even leaving charge in them doesn't always work. Kind of one of the reasons I've been doing so much nitro racing lately.
Old 08-19-2007, 05:49 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jon Kerr
You really shouldn't need to overdrive a oneway. The overdrive Randy is running is just a 414 pulley built like a diff but with the diff balls taken out and locked down.
I made the pulleys work on our new spool now actually
Old 08-19-2007, 06:13 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Ran my MI3 today in 19t at 301 Raceway where they are holding the Regional 2 race next weekend. Car was pretty good all day but the 3rd round and mains the car was dialed. Working on the setup all day and hope to fine tune it a little during the Regionals. If it continues to work well next week I will try to get the setup written up and posted. Car was very easy to drive all day and never did anything funny like break loose out of the blue.
Old 08-19-2007, 09:50 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Congrats to Mo for taking the win in the dust bowl today. Wish I could have made it out of the first corner to race with you.
Old 08-19-2007, 10:16 PM
Tech Addict

pdub, great info on using the mi2ec arms on the mi3, i tried them at speedworld fri night, gained 4/10ths a lap... finished 3rd in the main.( this was with a castor block that i broke on the warm up laps)

i tried them again sat at norcal, unfortunately tho i broke a front and rear arm,(on 2 separate runs) had to go back to the reg arms. i will be ordering the new arms when they get in...
Old 08-20-2007, 04:32 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by gdcopbdcop
pdub, great info on using the mi2ec arms on the mi3, i tried them at speedworld fri night, gained 4/10ths a lap... finished 3rd in the main.( this was with a castor block that i broke on the warm up laps)

i tried them again sat at norcal, unfortunately tho i broke a front and rear arm,(on 2 separate runs) had to go back to the reg arms. i will be ordering the new arms when they get in...
Why do the EC arms help?
Old 08-20-2007, 05:23 AM
PW
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Skiddins
Why do the EC arms help?
The additional flex seems to be giving the car more overall traction and they are lighter as a added bonus We will have to see how the newer flexy Mi3 arms work once they come out.
Old 08-20-2007, 05:31 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wyd
Ran my MI3 today in 19t at 301 Raceway where they are holding the Regional 2 race next weekend. Car was pretty good all day but the 3rd round and mains the car was dialed. Working on the setup all day and hope to fine tune it a little during the Regionals. If it continues to work well next week I will try to get the setup written up and posted. Car was very easy to drive all day and never did anything funny like break loose out of the blue.
Awesome run yesterday Brian. The car was on rails.

Tim's Mi3 was awesome yesterday also.

Mi3 is going to have a great showing this weekend.
Old 08-20-2007, 06:25 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

will the mi2 steel cvd bones be a direct fit to the mi3? sorry if this is a dumb question. its just that there's a source locally for the steel cvd bones and would be good to know if these actually work on the mi3.

thanks in advance.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.