Wiki Posts
Search

Schumacher Corner

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2007, 09:23 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)
Default The "Sizz"

Not lookin too good Ritchie, My family is remodeling a house and we are right in the middle of it. I might try to come by on Sunday and try to remember what its like to race. Good luck to you guys.

Steve
Old 08-06-2007, 12:38 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)
Unhappy

Originally Posted by andrewdoherty
Congrats to Marc McGurren, Mr. Mcgoo for wheeling the Mi3 to a TQ and *almost* win today! Now if they just made a 38.75 tooth pinion to keep him from thermaling 10ft from the finishline we could take the *almost* out!! This schui is unreal on carpet!!

Last edited by steve eaves; 08-06-2007 at 09:02 AM.
Old 08-06-2007, 01:14 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Originally Posted by aus jd 2703
do you find with spool and over drive you eat drive shafts?
just im not a good driver yet and have destroyed a spool (old types) and about 3 driveshafts so im always worried bout driveshafts
im onlyruniing stock
cheers
I havent really noticed a difference in wear since I changed to the overdrive pulley.. stock you shouldn't have problems with excess wear at all when you make the switch.
Old 08-06-2007, 04:38 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Marcos.J
Hey Marcos,

Will that pully fit the spool too?
Old 08-06-2007, 06:12 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Static_racing
Hey Marcos,

Will that pully fit the spool too?
yes it will you have to enlarge the hole a little bit but it works great
Old 08-06-2007, 07:32 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Kling did you make it out to 301 raceway on Saturday?
Old 08-06-2007, 07:59 AM
Tech Master

Thanks Marcos. I've been looking for an overdrive pully for rubber tire carpet.

Steve, yeah I went out on Saturday. I've got the car VERY close to how I want it. It carries a ton of corner speed. I tried the one-way and had to dial out just about all my steering. I also played with the springs/roll center/ and swaybars. I decided to stick with the spool because there is one break point after the straight. The car was faster tapping the breaks before the turn rather the scrub the speed with the one-way. I'm going to try the overdrive pully next saturday and see what that does.

The car is really close, and I've always got rip so I'm really looking forward to a good race at the Regionals.
Old 08-06-2007, 08:36 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Static_racing
Thanks Marcos. I've been looking for an overdrive pully for rubber tire carpet.

Steve, yeah I went out on Saturday. I've got the car VERY close to how I want it. It carries a ton of corner speed. I tried the one-way and had to dial out just about all my steering. I also played with the springs/roll center/ and swaybars. I decided to stick with the spool because there is one break point after the straight. The car was faster tapping the breaks before the turn rather the scrub the speed with the one-way. I'm going to try the overdrive pully next saturday and see what that does.

The car is really close, and I've always got rip so I'm really looking forward to a good race at the Regionals.
Sounds good Mike. I'm looking forward to coming out on the 19th. I've never ran on the track before. My car has always been good everywhere. I have made it better. Looking forward to trying it at 301 Raceway.
Old 08-06-2007, 01:04 PM
Tech Addict

I had a good weekend of racing this weekend with my ec. I tqd and won the last leg of the scottish national series in 19t giving me a third overall in the series due to a bad start in the year. The car was awesome all day and it rained for the 2 finals aswell so that was a change :P. Lookin forward to start testing with my mi3 now for the remainder of the year and next year.
Old 08-06-2007, 01:25 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by John_S
I had a good weekend of racing this weekend with my ec. I tqd and won the last leg of the scottish national series in 19t giving me a third overall in the series due to a bad start in the year. The car was awesome all day and it rained for the 2 finals aswell so that was a change :P. Lookin forward to start testing with my mi3 now for the remainder of the year and next year.
Thats awesome John. The EC is a great car. You will really like the Mi3. It was hard for me to put the EC away. It is sitting on my shelf in my pit room. The Mi3 is awesome. Good luck.
Old 08-06-2007, 01:28 PM
Tech Addict

i have had one day of testing with my mi3 and it didnt feel anywhere as safe as my mi3 to drive. I just knew that when i put my mi2 on the track i could push it to its limits and it wouldnt break out. But the mi3 is still a bit on edge. I have a few things to change as i run some out of norm things on my mi2 that i dont have on my mi3. I have a day of testing before the cumbria cup next week with one of the schui team drivers that will be attending so we are going to try and get the car sweet
Old 08-07-2007, 10:43 AM
Tech Apprentice

hi all, im returning to TC afta a few months of tryin to get to grips with off-road and it hasnt worked.

im thinkin of buyina mi3

are there weak spots on the car?
what spares would i need to carry?
does it require alot of setup changes to work on asphalt?
what hopups does it need?
is it a good car for 27turn stockand 19turn superstock.

jordan
Old 08-07-2007, 10:58 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by jordys jrxs
hi all, im returning to TC afta a few months of tryin to get to grips with off-road and it hasnt worked.

im thinkin of buyina mi3

jordan
Jordan- The Mi3 is a great choice. I think they fixed the cvd pins that where coming loose. They put new pins in the newer kits. Spares ( caster blocks, front and rear arms, couple cvds, plastic blades for the end of the cvd's, pack of silver shims, hinge pins) It is good for asphalt right out of the box. There is setups that Team Drivers has come up with. Hop ups. ( complete sway bar kit, complete steering rod kit, oneway, front diff, 2.5 upper deck, 6 degree caster blocks) You don't need to get them, but would be nice to have them. The car is great for stock and 19T.
If you need any help just ask.

Last edited by SRW141; 08-07-2007 at 11:09 AM.
Old 08-07-2007, 11:04 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by jordys jrxs

im thinkin of buyina mi3

jordan
1) The driveshafts seem to have been the main bugbear, they have been re-designed recently, (I've broken two since owning the Mi3)

2) The usual, wishbones etc, plus driveshafts (The only thing I have replaced so far at all are the two driveshafts!).

3) No, there are a couple of setups from the US guys on here that a lot of people say a virtually spot on.

4) None, maybe the additional roll bars.

5) It holds 1st, 3rd and 5th in the UK Stock National championship at the moment and there are always several in the Mod A-Finals, Not sure who runs one in 19t.

Skiddins
Old 08-07-2007, 12:03 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Russ Williams, Johnny Dronfield, Dan Fallows, Mark Musgrove and James Hart run the Mi3 in 19t. All Regular A finalists in the BRCA 19t series and BTCC series, and me who gets in the odd A final now and again

Chaz

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.