Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Schumacher Corner

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2007, 08:47 AM
Tech Fanatic

U3135 Centre Track Rod Set for Mi3

Is this the right one that allows the fitment of LiPo?
Old 08-08-2007, 08:57 AM
PW
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by academygaz
U3135 Centre Track Rod Set for Mi3

Is this the right one that allows the fitment of LiPo?
Yep
Old 08-08-2007, 09:07 AM
Tech Fanatic

Thanks.

Also, is it a pack of three or a pack of seven? I've seen it listed on 2 shops, one a pack of three for £7.99 and one a pack of seven for £14.99, both with the same part numbers.
Old 08-08-2007, 09:09 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default li-po batteries

hey all:Everyone talks about using li-po's ad how they are going to revolutionize electric rc racing.The question i have why are so many hot for using li-po batteries when no major santioning body allows them yet for racing.Will li-po's be legal for 2008 or will it take a little longer for them to be incorperated and would they allow li-po's and ni-cads to run together?Thanks for the info
Old 08-08-2007, 10:17 AM
Tech Master

Steering links are pack of 7 - with the higher price. I think it was going to be pack of 3 - but that was changed.
Old 08-08-2007, 10:36 AM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by b-man777
hey all:Everyone talks about using li-po's ad how they are going to revolutionize electric rc racing.The question i have why are so many hot for using li-po batteries when no major santioning body allows them yet for racing.Will li-po's be legal for 2008 or will it take a little longer for them to be incorperated and would they allow li-po's and ni-cads to run together?Thanks for the info
Well, the way I see it at least, is that so many are "hot" for using LiPo, because the only draw back they have right now is that they aren't sanctioned. And considering only a very, VERY small percentage of R/C racers will actually ever participate in a major sanctioned event, to the rest of the people, there pretty much isn't any draw back at all.

As for when they'll be legal. That really only seems to be a question for those who race where the track they attend strictly sticks to ROAR rules. For those who can race them at their local tracks already, the subject of legalization by ROAR probably rarely even surfaces.
Old 08-08-2007, 08:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Heres why I love LiPo . . .
I can take a full day to practice and head to the track with 2 lipo 4800 packs and a brushless motor. I can spend 12 hours at the track, with one charger and two sets of tires, start off on a green track with little, little grip, and after 400 laps ---have a groove. All by running all by my lonesome.

I love LiPo especially for practice, but tis also great as mentioned above that our track makes its own rles and most of the guys I race with are using them now too. Why wait for sancioning unless youre headed to Vegas etc. heck even the carpet onroad challenge in Omaha this year allowed LipO. Thats the biggest race I attend . . . and even if I did want to go to Vegas I'd just suck it up and buy two or three packs to race, and then sell them when I was done.
Old 08-09-2007, 01:41 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

hello everyone i have been running the same set up as at the reedy race car works incredible with out a doubt but theres one thing. Its seems like everytime i try something different like anti squat pro squat or antidive it doesnt work but i am using kick up. I was wondering is anyone else finding the same issue that theres only one set up everytime you try to go away from it the car gets worse. because the oly thing belificial that i found to change from track to track is dropp and front swaybar....

thanks for any input
Old 08-09-2007, 02:12 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Midget: I think it really depends on the surface on which you are racing. I have a different setup for rubber carpet and foam carpet. I dont get the chance to run asphlat very often and would assume I start with the Reedy Race setup and work from there to personalize to my driving style. If the setup works for you and the car seems good - I say go for it keep the same setup.
L8R Marker
Old 08-09-2007, 02:37 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by MagicMarker
Midget: I think it really depends on the surface on which you are racing. I have a different setup for rubber carpet and foam carpet. I dont get the chance to run asphlat very often and would assume I start with the Reedy Race setup and work from there to personalize to my driving style. If the setup works for you and the car seems good - I say go for it keep the same setup.
L8R Marker

ok thanks also can you please send me your rubber tire carpet set up to my email its [email protected]
Old 08-09-2007, 03:06 PM
Tech Rookie

Hey guys,

Anybody here run a Schumacher Rascal by any chance?
Old 08-09-2007, 03:41 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Midget: will do on the setup for carpet. I'll try and get it to you tonight sometime after work.
L8R Marker
Old 08-09-2007, 06:46 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by MagicMarker
Midget: will do on the setup for carpet. I'll try and get it to you tonight sometime after work.
L8R Marker
Thanks alot
Old 08-09-2007, 08:57 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Lil B. Kick up does not like being used with anti squat. The car will want to transfer tons of weight forward and won't transfer any back, making it extremely loose everywhere. If you want to get a good feel for how the car reacts to other pin angle adjustments, make sure you only do one at a time. Take out the kick up and try anti squat. Then the next run, try pro squat, then run the rear flat. This is how you test methodically and get a feel for what each one does for you and how it will match your driving style.
Old 08-09-2007, 10:15 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Jon Kerr
Lil B. Kick up does not like being used with anti squat. The car will want to transfer tons of weight forward and won't transfer any back, making it extremely loose everywhere. If you want to get a good feel for how the car reacts to other pin angle adjustments, make sure you only do one at a time. Take out the kick up and try anti squat. Then the next run, try pro squat, then run the rear flat. This is how you test methodically and get a feel for what each one does for you and how it will match your driving style.

sweet that discovers my problem i have always been running kick p and wanted to try anti dive but never took the kick up out thanks ker makes sense. would you ever use prosquat wouldnt that just make the car push and one last question can you run antidive along w/ anti squat or does that car ride to flat and breaks loose i know i can test this stuff but would just like some input

thanks bryan

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.