Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree3Likes

Xray T1

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2004, 07:36 PM
Tech Regular

So the low ratio pulley benefits outway the option of being able to use the center one way right? I am really trying to decide what I want to buy next for experimental sakes lol. A friend tells me I dont need a thing because the car is hooked up as it is, but I keep thinking it could be even more "hooked" lol. Never know till you try right?

I will probably pick up a low ratio set and a front one way in a few weeks. I was going to add a spool to the list too but the talk above about easily breaking from hits ( I still occasionally cut a corner too close, lol) so I am kinda leary of buying one now.
Old 07-01-2004, 08:07 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by Neil Rabara
The drive train will not be as free using the 2.125 pulleys.
Neil, can you explain why it will not be as free? even if you adjust belt tension by moving the 'eccentric'?

Howard Hudson/Tom, yup kimbrough it is with xray packaging. 96t is the biggest they have for xray, i believe. but no stock at my lhs. Tamiya .04/64pitch spurs fit too, but im looking for 48pitch.
Old 07-01-2004, 08:09 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by new92
So the low ratio pulley benefits outway the option of being able to use the center one way right? I am really trying to decide what I want to buy next for experimental sakes lol. A friend tells me I dont need a thing because the car is hooked up as it is, but I keep thinking it could be even more "hooked" lol. Never know till you try right?

I will probably pick up a low ratio set and a front one way in a few weeks. I was going to add a spool to the list too but the talk above about easily breaking from hits ( I still occasionally cut a corner too close, lol) so I am kinda leary of buying one now.
Haha, getting the low ratio's depends on the type of person YOU are. If it is already hooked, and you still want them, then you obviously don't go by the "If it aint broke, don't fix it" guidline!
Old 07-01-2004, 08:25 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by glide 1
Neil, can you explain why it will not be as free? even if you adjust belt tension by moving the 'eccentric'?

Howard Hudson/Tom, yup kimbrough it is with xray packaging. 96t is the biggest they have for xray, i believe. but no stock at my lhs. Tamiya .04/64pitch spurs fit too, but im looking for 48pitch.
kimbrough 96t 48dp is available at pitshop.
Old 07-01-2004, 08:37 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by S-T-R-l-K-E-R
kimbrough 96t 48dp is available at pitshop.
striker, thanks. Will give them a call
Old 07-01-2004, 08:46 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by glide 1
Simple, it's the angle of the belt as it wraps around the smallest pulley: the layshaft pulley. The smaller the pulley, the pulley's circumference is decreased. A larger layshaft pulley has a larger circumference, the belt grabs more teeth and doesn't have such a sharp bend as it wraps around the pulley. The more it bends, the more drag is created. The larger pulley helps in reducing drag.
Old 07-02-2004, 12:29 AM
Tech Regular

Haha, getting the low ratio's depends on the type of person YOU are. If it is already hooked, and you still want them, then you obviously don't go by the "If it aint broke, don't fix it" guidline!

How do I know it cant be better? Maybe I just THINK its hooked lol
Old 07-02-2004, 01:50 AM
Tech Adept

Unhappy

Last edited by Coney; 07-02-2004 at 02:32 AM.
Old 07-02-2004, 08:35 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by new92
How do I know it cant be better? Maybe I just THINK its hooked lol
Haha, maybe! Well, I'm like you so I would advise you to get them!

-Kevin
Old 07-02-2004, 10:24 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by Neil Rabara
Simple, it's the angle of the belt as it wraps around the smallest pulley: the layshaft pulley. The smaller the pulley, the pulley's circumference is decreased. A larger layshaft pulley has a larger circumference, the belt grabs more teeth and doesn't have such a sharp bend as it wraps around the pulley. The more it bends, the more drag is created. The larger pulley helps in reducing drag.
Neil, thanks for the explanation.

Has anyone heard of RW spurs, think they are made in the UK. I have a friend in Australia sending me 101t and 103t, this is what they use over there. Thing is is that they have to drill a 3rd hole to fit the fk layshaft....AUS$ 9.50, pretty steep
Old 07-02-2004, 10:51 AM
Tech Elite

No problem glide. The RW spurs are a bit pricey. They are made from delrin and are perfectly machined to be true. They are thin and wear pretty good, but gets noisy after about a month's use, quite possibly due to material degradation. I now use Precision RC spurs (thanks Alex Lopez), these are machined using different materials and have been very happy since. Thicker spur, and quiet.
Old 07-02-2004, 11:05 AM
Tech Initiate

Hey everyone, Someone told me to get the spring steel wheel mount becouse the stock ones expand and they wont come through the bearings. Is that true. Thanks.
Old 07-02-2004, 11:25 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Hey everyone, Someone told me to get the spring steel wheel mount becouse the stock ones expand and they wont come through the bearings. Is that true. Thanks
Abselutely and then you have to file them down to get them out. believe me not fun I did that 3 times (I was being cheap) and wished I had gotten the spring steel one sooner.
Old 07-02-2004, 12:31 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by magerz24
Hey everyone, Someone told me to get the spring steel wheel mount becouse the stock ones expand and they wont come through the bearings. Is that true. Thanks.
I wasn't patient enough to file down the hubs. I hammered it out. Ruined the bearing though. Since then, I switched to the spring steel and have had no problems.
Old 07-02-2004, 08:50 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default lower ratio pulleys

hey I have a question, I changed to the lower ratio pulleys but on the center lay shaft there is a space where the oneway bearing and gear was, do i need a spacer there because if not the layshaft can slide over to the right looking at the car from the rear not sure if i explained it correctly but let me know Peter

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.