Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree3Likes

Xray T1

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2004, 11:52 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by Hodapp
S-T-R-I-K-E-R - What rear roll center are you using? Low roll center should step out the least. Inside hole on the arm will also help but you might lose some steering.
hodapp i am now using lowest hole on my fk's roll center.
Old 08-12-2004, 11:13 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally posted by Hodapp
forty6 - Thanks. I was running the new front tower but not the new chassis. My complete setup, along with a race report will be on http://www.mytsn.com later tonight.
Hodapp:
I read your report on the Xray website. It is interesting to see how much happier you were with the spool up front.
Do you know if Hara was running a spool as well. He dominated the Nationals running a spool up front in his PRO 4.

It seems that a one-way in no longer the best choice.

Where I race traction is always low due to dusty conditions so we never run one-ways as there is never enough grip to do so.

My point is that coming to the Worlds in October, should I take the risk and try a one-way on Wednesday Practice or would it be a waste of time and I should stick with a spool the whole event.

Your help would be very usefull.

Regards,
John Doucakis
Athens, Greece.
Old 08-12-2004, 11:47 AM
Tech Regular

Hi guys, i've got some money to spend on my T1R and i was wondering what i could buy to make it better (mind you i'm only 13teen and can't aford to spend 100s )

Chazz
Old 08-12-2004, 11:49 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

how do we know what you can add if we don't know what you have?

Are there any ares you feel need to be improved?

Have yoou had any problems with the car?

a nice place to start is making sure you have the proper tires/springs/etc for a good setup where you race...
Old 08-12-2004, 12:47 PM
Tech Regular

John Doucakis - The worlds layout is going to be fast with a lot of sweeping turns so a oneway will probably be the faster of the two. I will pay close attention to what everybody runs at next weekends Florida state race and decide from there what I will start with at the worlds.
Old 08-13-2004, 12:23 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default Xray T1 with foams

Hi guys
I own a Xray T1 and have decided to run foam tires on said beast. My problem arrises when I try to fit 30mm rear foam tires. The rear suspension basically wont allow such wheels/tires to fit.Other than changing the rear end to a "C Hub" type has anyone got any ideas short of cutting the rear supports?
Old 08-13-2004, 10:17 AM
Tech Regular

Exactly what effect does the spool up front have on handling?
Old 08-13-2004, 03:58 PM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Xray T1 with foams

Originally posted by Rolling Wreck
Hi guys
I own a Xray T1 and have decided to run foam tires on said beast. My problem arrises when I try to fit 30mm rear foam tires. The rear suspension basically wont allow such wheels/tires to fit.Other than changing the rear end to a "C Hub" type has anyone got any ideas short of cutting the rear supports?
You will need to change the rear suspension to c-hubs. In fact, all the new Xray kits are equipped with c-hubs.
Old 08-13-2004, 04:31 PM
Tech Master

how do the short arms handle comparded to the long arms?? and since im currently driving a t1r is there anything i need to change when runing that new foam front(and or rear) shock tower?

thanks lazyboy
Old 08-13-2004, 06:17 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

hey,

i need some help guys.
im having problems with my Xray T1 (yes the original )coning tires

ive been told NOT to run more than 2 deg camber but the problem is that i keep getting coning on the outside of the tires. i run foams by the way.

at my local track im running the serpent red springs which are the hardest ive got (sorry i dont know the lbs) but im finding myself using 3.5 -4.0 deg of camber JUST to get the tires to wear flat. hence i believe im loosing a LOT of corner speed right?? seeing as the contact patch is so small.

my other dilemma is that i do not want to spend any more money on this car as im saving for a FK. i know roll bars would pretty much eliminate coning... but i DONT wanna spend more money

the only hop-ups i have on the car are a one-way... and a BMI 3mm chassis

WHAT CAN I DO>??????..

if you could help me i would greatly appreciate it,
thanx
robbie
Old 08-13-2004, 06:22 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by lazyboy
how do the short arms handle comparded to the long arms?? and since im currently driving a t1r is there anything i need to change when runing that new foam front(and or rear) shock tower?

thanks lazyboy
The shorter arms provide less chassis roll than the long arms.
Old 08-13-2004, 08:21 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Just got my Hudy Droop Block, Gauge and Hudy Ride Height Gauges in today. I was wondering how many mm and what ride height to be looking for. I run Carpet Stock.

So far, this is what i put:

Front: 0mm w/ 4.5 ride height
Rear: 1mm w/ 5.0 ride height

Should I change anything up? I was maybe considering 4.0 and 4.5 ride heights but that is alittle low. Someone LMK. THanks
Old 08-14-2004, 02:43 AM
Tech Addict

Right now me and a few of the guys are running:

8mm in the front
7mm in the back
and 4.5 ride height
Old 08-14-2004, 06:15 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default Re: Re: Xray T1 with foams

Originally posted by Neil Rabara
You will need to change the rear suspension to c-hubs. In fact, all the new Xray kits are equipped with c-hubs.
Do I need to make major modifications to install C Hubs onto a T1 or is it a simple case or installing new lower arms and c hubs.At present I run with the upper mount set to top outer mount point of the 4. Will it dramatically change handling if i basically change that point to the lower inner point and remove material as needed to allow the wider foam rims to fit. I was also looking at running differant offset rims with spacers as to make the modifications required as minimul as possible
Old 08-14-2004, 09:59 AM
dtm
Tech Champion

Originally posted by xray racer
hey,

ive been told NOT to run more than 2 deg camber but the problem is that i keep getting coning on the outside of the tires. i run foams by the way.
Why not??? The original T1 manual was written with rubber tires in mind. Although I don't run foams for EP......I used to regularly run foams on GP at 4-5% camber with no problems.....keep cranking the camber til you get the foams to wear even!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.