Xray T1

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2004, 01:44 AM
Tech Adept

Thankyou Evaa!!
Old 06-24-2004, 01:54 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

can u suggest a good starting set-up for an FOC short arm conversion. track is mid size, asphalt and sorex 40s with med inserts are used.

tanx guys.
Old 06-24-2004, 07:26 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

Originally posted by Andrew Swanson
they are a few thick chasis floating around and yeah the BMI chassis is good but i have an akward feeling we are using the stiffer chassis to make up for A ARM FLEX the arms are like water and so if anyone has some freetime and wants to try what ive been playing with try using the stock chassis and try BEEFING UP or STRENGTHNING the front and rear a arms.

HUGE difference
do you mean the long arms flexing or the new short arms flexing? i do know of the 1st batch of the C Hub lower long arms flexing, after a few curb riding sessions!!! but later xray came out with different hardness' arms, and the medium and hard arms hardly flex at all, its only the softer version that bends after some curb riding sessions. the new short arms in my FK is hardashell!!

Old 06-24-2004, 07:31 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

The short arms FEEL hard as they are so short-but when mounted on the car and trying to set uptravel (droop)-its hard to get a consistent reading because the arms bend so much when the droop screw contacts the chassis.

I to am waiting to hear how Andrew stiffened his short arms. I know the teams guys were putting JB weld in the original soft arms for carpet!! I/we could try that-thugh the arms get heavier then-and thats not a good thing!!

Ray
Old 06-24-2004, 08:26 AM
Tech Adept

Default Setup for 6 Cell on one side

Does someone have a setup for XRAY T1 Factory that uses 6 cells all to one side and electronics on the other side?

I am borrowing the car for the next two weekends and do not want to break up my glued packs because they will eventually go back to my other car which uses a side configuration.
Old 06-24-2004, 09:03 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 95 (100%+)

You might as well break them up. Once you drive the car...you won't want to give it back Try www.mytsn.com. There's probably something there.

Blake
Old 06-24-2004, 09:41 AM
Tech Fanatic

you i agree once you try an x-ray you would eventually end up with one. great car superb especially the FK!!!
Old 06-24-2004, 09:42 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

I was thinking of trying a xray for the first time, getting the factory kit. Would anybody recommend putting the molded chassis on if it would be race outdoors? I'm not sure how well the carbon fiber chassis holds up to the usual dots and boards and asphalt. Any opinions.
Old 06-24-2004, 09:44 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 95 (100%+)

It hold up fine if you keep the ride height up enough. I was running 5mm at our local track and it was getting pretty hacked up. I'm going to raise it to 5.5mm and see what that does.

Blake
Old 06-24-2004, 10:13 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by dizzy1
I was thinking of trying a xray for the first time, getting the factory kit. Would anybody recommend putting the molded chassis on if it would be race outdoors? I'm not sure how well the carbon fiber chassis holds up to the usual dots and boards and asphalt. Any opinions.
I don't recommend the plastic chassis if you intend to run it outdoors during the summer. The heat will warp the chassis in many different ways effectively changing the handling characteristics. The graphite plate is much more consistent. If you are concerned about scratching up your new chassis, there is a chassis protector available by Team Associated.
Old 06-24-2004, 10:23 AM
Tech Fanatic

Well, I just switched over to an XRay from a TC3. I have wanted an XRay for a long time, and it is great. So now, I have to subscribe to this thread!

It was the best kit (assembly wise) I have ever done. All the parts fit perfectly, with no binding anywhere.

I just have a few questions. How often do the belts wear out (stretch out too much) and require replacing if running stock and 19T? Also, what are the most commonly broken parts (I'm guessing front arms and carriers, but let me know)?

Thanks,
etzkev
Old 06-24-2004, 03:26 PM
P2
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default Re: Setup for 6 Cell on one side

Originally posted by LeadFoot
I am borrowing the car for the next two weekends and do not want to break up my glued packs because they will eventually go back to my other car which uses a side configuration.
After you run the car for 2 weekends you will not want to go back to your other car Just go ahead and break up your packs and order your new T1FK now
Old 06-24-2004, 05:22 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by etzkev
Well, I just switched over to an XRay from a TC3. I have wanted an XRay for a long time, and it is great. So now, I have to subscribe to this thread!

It was the best kit (assembly wise) I have ever done. All the parts fit perfectly, with no binding anywhere.

I just have a few questions. How often do the belts wear out (stretch out too much) and require replacing if running stock and 19T? Also, what are the most commonly broken parts (I'm guessing front arms and carriers, but let me know)?

Thanks,
etzkev
I bought arms and carriers but have not used them yet. Last week I crashed head on to a curb at full throttle and the only thing that broke was a body post. Then the other day got glitched bad and flew off a road rail and into a block wall, again broke nothing but a body post. So i would say buy body posts only
This car is built rock solid!!!!!!!!
Old 06-24-2004, 05:40 PM
OVA
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

How much does the X-Ray T1Team Factory Kit weight from Box stock?

Last edited by OVA; 06-24-2004 at 06:49 PM.
Old 06-24-2004, 06:04 PM
Tech Regular

well the first set i did i just cut up a old top deck and gllued it to the top of the arm (ill post pics tonight when home from school)

but im doing another set with 1/16 inch woven graphite glued on both sides of the arm and also using alot of glue in the arm slots.

another way i thought up today is thrown some wax paper down and mix up some epoxy anf fill the arm and then just cut and glue some lexan to the top and bottom of the arm.

front arms are still a work in progress but im thinking of maybe drilling a hole in the caster block and running a tie rod to the bulkhead to stop flex.

the arms i ahve right now are only a few grams heavier then stock. i would say in all ive added 1/4 oz to the car which is nothing considering my car is like 3oz under.

once again its only an idea i have and just someting to try an ill post pics later.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.