Search
Like Tree3Likes

Xray T1

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2004, 06:32 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally posted by RCchica
Im having problems with the ride height only being able to get down to 5.5 also.
I dont know if youre supposed to do this but I adjusted it by changing the droop.
if this a factory kit with no kickup and the pin holders in the middle holes you will have this problem. the holes in the shock tower are slightly lower than the Evo2 shock tower, and when you ran no kickup on the Evo2 the holes were lower than what you would run on the FK.
Old 04-15-2004, 06:48 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by John Fontaine
Trinity - If you are coming to HT WC this saturday I'll help you out with the shocks. Here's a good article to follow to build these shocks.

http://www.ashfordhobby.com/tech02.htm

Neil - Here's a pic of the bottom of the BMI chassis. The battery slots are a little tight, so using tape might be a problem. Ask Jason if he can mill a little spot to use strapping tape, or you can file it yourself.

HTHs

John

Does that chassis fade or scratch to black?

Ain't that a song?
Old 04-15-2004, 09:49 PM
Tech Elite

Neil - Here's a pic of the bottom of the BMI chassis. The battery slots are a little tight, so using tape might be a problem. Ask Jason if he can mill a little spot to use strapping tape, or you can file it yourself.

HTHs

John
Thanks John. If I do get the BMI chassis, I'll ask for slots for strapping tape.
Old 04-15-2004, 10:08 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I feel that I have read the answer to my following question a million times before but I cant seem to find the answer when I need it. So hear I go. I want a BMI front bumper brace in black graphite. But I cant find it on the BMI site so I need to see a picture of it and how much it cost and how thick it is. I have broken 3 x-ray ones so I need an alternative. thanks for your help. and I am sory again for this repiticious question. Oh and thanks for the replies about by shock problems.
Old 04-15-2004, 11:02 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by scmicromike
I feel that I have read the answer to my following question a million times before but I cant seem to find the answer when I need it. So hear I go. I want a BMI front bumper brace in black graphite. But I cant find it on the BMI site so I need to see a picture of it and how much it cost and how thick it is. I have broken 3 x-ray ones so I need an alternative. thanks for your help. and I am sory again for this repiticious question. Oh and thanks for the replies about by shock problems.
How about the composite one from the T1R? #301217.

I got one of these super stiff foam bumbers from Wannabee a while ago. It has helped lessen the breakage a lot.
Old 04-16-2004, 04:53 AM
Tech Addict

You need to call BMI.

Photo of brace.
Attached Thumbnails Xray T1-xray-aqua.jpg  
Old 04-16-2004, 06:09 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Trinity - If you are coming to HT WC this saturday I'll help you out with the shocks. Here's a good article to follow to build these shocks.

http://www.ashfordhobby.com/tech02.htm

HTHs

John
I need to do a little revision to this article
here is a up date:

Step 1 page 4) Shock building. I still think that our article in the tech support is still pretty much right on. http://www.ashfordhobby.com/tech02.htm The obvious exception are the keyed shock shafts. I no longer suggest the use of the SER 909408 "Alloy Shock seals (4 pcs)" I have used the GS Silicon shock blatters and I have used Serpent's SER 6431 shock blatters super glued to the SER 909403 shock tops. As best as I know the current Team practice is to super glue the SER 6431's to the SER 909403 shock tops. Serpent has reformulated the SER 6361 this year and I'm back to using those. I do however lower the sealing ring on the SER 909403 shock top to 1/2 it's height to get less rebound pressure on the blatter. If you are going to super glue the SER 6361 blatters to the SER 909403 shock tops you will need to make sure that both are very clean, I scrape the shock tops to remove the mold release and give the super glue something to bond to.
Before fitting the springs cut the excess paint free between the end coils.

Please also note that a lot of the parts on the x-ray shocks are simular but not the same as the Serpent shocks so I don't suggest mixing parts.
Old 04-16-2004, 06:39 AM
Tech Adept

Hi Robert, it is good that your on top of your game, with all that going on the this
hobby, keep up with the updates your input is always appreciated, we need more guys with your expert advice a info.
Old 04-16-2004, 08:43 AM
Tech Adept

thanks for the quick help guys. I will give BMI a call and see if I can snag one f those up in black.

Headbanger I have broken two of the composite ones already. I think a better solution is going to be staying off the boards.
Old 04-16-2004, 08:50 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Robert - Good tips like usual.
Old 04-16-2004, 10:50 AM
Tech Addict

If you really hit the boards that much to break the upper bumper, You will need to be carfull of getting too stiff. Bumpers are energy absorbers - if you make them too stiff - you will just break something else.

Once thing you might try is to use a kydex tc3 front bumper. It needs to be dremeled and drilled a bit to make it fit, but it will also protect the front a-arms. I ran one during carpet season and i found that it also protected the bottom lip of the body too.
Old 04-16-2004, 10:56 AM
Tech Adept

I might just have to do that. i dont hit the boards that much anymore I have improved my driving. thanks for the info/advice.
Old 04-16-2004, 11:39 AM
Tech Regular

Headbanger I have broken two of the composite ones already. I think a better solution is going to be staying off the boards.
Wow, and I thought I was bad. Maybe you should change your name to "Headbanger"!

Glad to hear you are improving.
Old 04-17-2004, 03:43 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Whats this doing on page 2!?
Anyway, i picked up a second hand Xray T1 originally at a bargain price recently to try out, its got Evo 2 front and rear shock towers and associated FT shocks as the previous owner prefered them over the standard ones Anyway, can somebody give me a starting setup for use on a tight carpet track with a front diff and also and setups for use with a spool would be helpful.
How do the xray springs compare to the associated ones, in stiffness etc, as thats been my main car for the past few years and thats what im used to.
Thanks
Old 04-17-2004, 04:47 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

How do you use the outside camber hole on the rear hub.....the rod ends on my camber links are hitting the top of the mounting area on the hub and is locking the suspension up.I'm sure it's a simple fix but I'm kinda clueless without grinding the hub down to fit...something I really don't what to do...THANKS

Last edited by Lowrance; 04-17-2004 at 05:07 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.