Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
XERUN V2.0 Brushless ESC discussion thread. >

XERUN V2.0 Brushless ESC discussion thread.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

XERUN V2.0 Brushless ESC discussion thread.

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2010, 03:22 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by COBRARACING
Mark

c rating is very important to the esc's as cheap lipos and some others are not really the c rating they state .

The more expensive lipos instead are really the c rating they state

Do you realy believe this? Because i have seen expensive lipos 30-45c performing not good as my 20.00 US $ 25c CCL(cheap chinese lipos).
Old 05-11-2010, 07:30 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Born2Run

Do you realy believe this? Because i have seen expensive lipos 30-45c performing not good as my 20.00 US $ 25c CCL(cheap chinese lipos).
Just to add my 2c, I brought £30.00 cheap 35C hard case lipos from China that beat Intellect 40c lipos in performance. The only other difference was that the Intellect had a sticker with its name on it!
Old 05-11-2010, 07:44 AM
Tech Addict

Right.The sticker is very expensive in the Lipo world
Old 05-11-2010, 03:00 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hobbywing
The XERUN 60A/120A V2.0 can only work with 2s and 3s lipo. There isn't a DC-DC booster in the ESC, so it cannot work with 1s Lipo.

But we are just developing an ESC supports 1s Lipo.
We had good 1/12th results with the 60A version last winter (4 cell's nimh, with 10,5SP motor, spec class. The esc had the standard SW, timing on max. setting)
And It really 'flew' in a one off no limit race with the HW 8,5

Performance was very good, but the footprint was a bit big, also should the heatsink kept to a minimum for pancars (like the 'blue' german esc's) it was'nt the most fitting esc under the modern low profile 1/12th bodies.
Also the soldering tabs are a bit high for that purpose.

Hope the 1S version will be available next winterseason (from october ?) and that it will have the specs as I said above !

grtz
Kurt, Belgium
Old 05-11-2010, 03:18 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by TBOTubed
RC Market.com, but I just checked and they sold out. Stock comes and goes there.
I also checked my regular spots and no luck there either.
A regular HW V2. program card will do the settings but they are unable to do software changes. Maybe if you scourer e-bay? sorry
Just tried a fellow racers LCD box from the same Ebay seller a month ago his works fine on my laptop so i have definately got a faulty unit Must be a fault with the software internally as it won't work on any Intel based pc / laptop. I wonder if a firmware flash would fix it but then the seller might not accept it back.

Last edited by BILKO1; 05-11-2010 at 05:56 PM.
Old 05-11-2010, 04:57 PM
Tech Elite

No i dont believe it thats my point as i know there are big brands and expensive lipos that are not the c rating they state . i know as i have tested alot of them but not my place to comment on the brands which have failed in a big way the c rating test .its either the brand asks for the different sticker or the factory is doing the wrong thing one way or the other its wrong .
Old 05-12-2010, 12:52 AM
Tech Addict

Default FW for ROAR Sportsman

Hello Hobbywing
I wonder if you are also authorized to settle a ROAR FW Sportsman.

Thanks
Old 05-12-2010, 01:45 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by BILKO1
Just tried a fellow racers LCD box from the same Ebay seller a month ago his works fine on my laptop so i have definately got a faulty unit Must be a fault with the software internally as it won't work on any Intel based pc / laptop. I wonder if a firmware flash would fix it but then the seller might not accept it back.
As far as your computer is concerned,it wont do anything with it cause it doesn't have a clue what it is- printer ,scanner,lcd box or pole dancer for that matter. I had these apart before, there aint much in there,the screen, 4buttons and a chip.And it is not very pretty(about the roughest soilder job I've ever seen in a purchased bit of electronics), even the # on the chip is what looks to be scraped off by hand. Don't get me wrong, Im not bagging HW stuff it is just that there is not alot put into these things. Rememer that all the adjusting of settings doesn't have to be done with a "box" at all. It can all be done by pressing the "set" button and counting the flashing red and green led's at the base of the ESC.(page 10 in the user manual)
Old 05-12-2010, 12:14 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Just ordered a 60A V2 Blue Spirit edition. Does this come with the solder posts bare or are there wires attached already?
Old 05-12-2010, 01:06 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Hide
Just ordered a 60A V2 Blue Spirit edition. Does this come with the solder posts bare or are there wires attached already?
i understand you will need to solder the wires..
Old 05-12-2010, 01:07 PM
Tech Apprentice

please read link it will explain ... thanks ...http://www.aeforums.co.uk/forum/inde...=0&#entry43840
Old 05-12-2010, 01:39 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by notatoy
i understand you will need to solder the wires..
Good, can run all black wires with less effort then. Thanks.
Old 05-12-2010, 02:52 PM
Tech Addict

please read link it will explain ... thanks ...http://www.aeforums.co.uk/forum/inde...=0&#entry43840
I read it.So what?
Old 05-12-2010, 02:54 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Hide
I don't know about the 60A but the 120A comes with the wires attached.
Old 05-12-2010, 03:15 PM
Tech Elite

I have read your link and its good to see this information but i dont agree with the c rating part and you know why ?

Its because there is a standard to test the c rating of battery's and why doesnt the manufacturer set aside the true rating batterys and mark them as they are like they did with the matching of nimh ?if they made 1000 battery's and 30 percent were 28c and the rest were 35c is it correct to mark them all35c and sell them at the 35 c pricing ?when 30 % of them are 28c ?I can understand a tolerence of plus or minus of 2-3% but not 20%

I think its totally wrong dont you ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.