Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
XERUN V2.0 Brushless ESC discussion thread. >

XERUN V2.0 Brushless ESC discussion thread.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

XERUN V2.0 Brushless ESC discussion thread.

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2010, 11:43 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Hide
Just ordered a 60A V2 Blue Spirit edition. Does this come with the solder posts bare or are there wires attached already?
The 60A blue Xerun comes with 5 wires attached to the ESC. Three wires for the motor and two for battery, all color coded, but they are naked on the other end . no plugs.

Edit: nevermind the pic on HW's site, which shows the blue ESC with no cables! It comes as shown on the pic of the black one!
(They are the same, anyway, apart from color!).
Old 05-13-2010, 01:10 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by COBRARACING
I have read your link and its good to see this information but i dont agree with the c rating part and you know why ?

Its because there is a standard to test the c rating of battery's and why doesnt the manufacturer set aside the true rating batterys and mark them as they are like they did with the matching of nimh......
There is ALOT of BS with the C ratings. These Batts CAN NEVER OUTPUT 30C-40C
Never. 40C is 200A. (in a 5mAh RC car batt)
Using welding cables in our cars??

Read below, taken from Hyperions warning regarding C ratings

"Note that NO CONNECTOR SYSTEM in use for RC Cars matches these rates, nor do RC cars draw such high continuous currents. Therefore if you intend to do CELL testing at max C rates continuously, hard case must be disassembled and appropriate cell connections made, by expert users only. RC CAR Standard connectors have ratings of 20A to about 80A continuous max depending on type, so never exceed connector ratings on continuous basis."
Old 05-13-2010, 02:24 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by steliosh
The 60A blue Xerun comes with 5 wires attached to the ESC. Three wires for the motor and two for battery, all color coded, but they are naked on the other end . no plugs.

Edit: nevermind the pic on HW's site, which shows the blue ESC with no cables! It comes as shown on the pic of the black one!
(They are the same, anyway, apart from color!).
my badd thanks for the correction
Old 05-13-2010, 02:28 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by COBRARACING
I have read your link and its good to see this information but i dont agree with the c rating part and you know why ?

Its because there is a standard to test the c rating of battery's and why doesnt the manufacturer set aside the true rating batterys and mark them as they are like they did with the matching of nimh ?if they made 1000 battery's and 30 percent were 28c and the rest were 35c is it correct to mark them all35c and sell them at the 35 c pricing ?when 30 % of them are 28c ?I can understand a tolerence of plus or minus of 2-3% but not 20%

I think its totally wrong dont you ?
i do agree there is a standerd to test it is a shame that the manafactures dont use it properly but only to boost sales. it is a complex subject thanks
Old 05-13-2010, 07:19 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

hi i am fairly new here (just getting back into rc cars) and was looking for information on the xerun 80a esc
i brought one and it has a black case and thought it maybe a older version
i havent got it yet but it didnt say version 2 just updated ezrun.
was there a version 1 that had a enclosed fan like the blue ones shown on the hobby wing site ?

i will throw my 2 cents in about batteries
first there is only a few places that actually make lipos, so the cheap are made at the same factory as the expensive ones in a lot of cases.
i run brushless boats,for those not familiar with FE they push motors,esc,batteries harder than any other rc vehicle.
in testing lipos using data loggers i have seen cheap lipos that have a 20c rating and 5000 mah capacity that could not sustain 20 amps constant
i have run setups were the data logger which will accurately read up to 180 amps wont go any higher,so its pulling in excess of 180 amps under load
and constant amp draw of around 160 amps
so for those that say they cant they can pull around 200 amps from a 5000 mah pack.
in some testing a friend of mine did he ran a rigger with a $300 battery his top speed was 76 mph he then tried a turnigy battery worth around $50
it ran a top speed of 73 mph,so the more expensive battry was faster but to me 3 mph for $250 is not a good deal.
imo there is a lot of difference between a cheap nasty pack and a cheap good pack
just because some thing costs 5 times the price doesn't make it 5 times as good.
its very easy with rc gear to get sucked into the " new model is better" crap that goes on
Old 05-13-2010, 07:41 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by ozzy-crawl
hi i am fairly new here (just getting back into rc cars) and was looking for information on the xerun 80a esc
i brought one and it has a black case and thought it maybe a older version
i havent got it yet but it didnt say version 2 just updated ezrun.
was there a version 1 that had a enclosed fan like the blue ones shown on the hobby wing site ?

i will throw my 2 cents in about batteries
first there is only a few places that actually make lipos, so the cheap are made at the same factory as the expensive ones in a lot of cases.
i run brushless boats,for those not familiar with FE they push motors,esc,batteries harder than any other rc vehicle.
in testing lipos using data loggers i have seen cheap lipos that have a 20c rating and 5000 mah capacity that could not sustain 20 amps constant
i have run setups were the data logger which will accurately read up to 180 amps wont go any higher,so its pulling in excess of 180 amps under load
and constant amp draw of around 160 amps
so for those that say they cant they can pull around 200 amps from a 5000 mah pack.
in some testing a friend of mine did he ran a rigger with a $300 battery his top speed was 76 mph he then tried a turnigy battery worth around $50
it ran a top speed of 73 mph,so the more expensive battry was faster but to me 3 mph for $250 is not a good deal.
imo there is a lot of difference between a cheap nasty pack and a cheap good pack
just because some thing costs 5 times the price doesn't make it 5 times as good.
its very easy with rc gear to get sucked into the " new model is better" crap that goes on
hi and welcome to my knowledge only the ezrun 80a come in a black case the xeruns 80a and 150 a are a blue with enclosed fan do you have a link ??? may be the guys can shed some light , thanks on the heads up with your lipo experiance , thanks
Old 05-13-2010, 08:16 AM
Tech Fanatic

thanks notatoy
here is the only picks i have, it says up dated ezrun, but its says its a xerun.
as i am just getting back in to cars i dont know the difference
any help will be much appreciated
Attached Thumbnails XERUN V2.0 Brushless ESC discussion thread.-bh-ouyq-mk%7E%24-kgrhqeokkeeryoirg9-bli15lk-h-%7E%7E_12%5B1%5D.jpg   XERUN V2.0 Brushless ESC discussion thread.-bh-otqg-mk%7E%24-kgrhqqokiierzivti10bli15e0gy-%7E%7E_12%5B1%5D.jpg  
Old 05-13-2010, 08:28 AM
Tech Adept

Guys,

It has absolutely nothing what-so-ever to do with my battery C rating.
HW have stated this is normal behaviour for the LVC and i have asked if this can be changed to another less "stops everything" kind of LVC.

The C rating of LiPo's is a major other discussion with no real answer and has nothing to do with this thread.
Can we please not bung up this thread that has fantastic advice with something nothing to do with the topic.

Cheers
Mark
Old 05-13-2010, 08:59 AM
Tech Apprentice

EDIT AS BELOW. vvvv

Last edited by notatoy; 05-13-2010 at 11:34 AM.
Old 05-13-2010, 09:08 AM
Tech Initiate

thanks notatoy
here is the only picks i have, it says up dated ezrun, but its says its a xerun.
Hello, you may notice that the label says "XERUN-80A-R", it is a RTR verison 80A ESC from Hobbywing. Usually, this kind of ESC is used for car manufacturers for RTR applications.

It hasn't the sensor port, so it doesn't support sensored motor. And the firmware is not updatable.
Old 05-13-2010, 09:21 AM
Tech Apprentice

thanks hobbywing for this information not seen this model before
Old 05-13-2010, 09:58 AM
Tech Elite

thanks notatoy
As Hobbywing said these in the black housing are the OE supplied ones.
Old 05-13-2010, 06:29 PM
Tech Fanatic

thank you very much guys just what i needed to know
Old 05-14-2010, 08:51 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Hey, does anyone have a 4.5? Is it controllable? Should i get it or a 6.5?
Old 05-16-2010, 08:34 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Is the Xerun 2.0 ESC (not the Sportsman Spec) going to be listed in the ROAR approved Sportsman division ESC list?

http://www.roarracing.com/downloads/...l_ESC_List.pdf

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.