Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
XERUN V2.0 Brushless ESC discussion thread. >

XERUN V2.0 Brushless ESC discussion thread.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

XERUN V2.0 Brushless ESC discussion thread.

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2012, 05:00 AM
Tech Adept

When you set the turbo delay to 0 that makes the turbo come in quicker
Old 02-18-2012, 05:40 AM
Tech Initiate

was my first guess but nothing changed at all
Old 05-26-2012, 05:02 PM
Tech Initiate

Hi, when I´ve downloaded the new version of the Hobbywing USB Link Software I´ve updated the LCD Program Box too, buy now when I try to program a V2.0 or V2.1 I only get a message in the screen saying Please Upgrade Software and I don´t know how to solve this. I have the lastes version of the LCD Program Box and ESC. Can someone help me please?

Thanks!
Old 06-21-2012, 10:02 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BeLiPoWa
Hi, when I´ve downloaded the new version of the Hobbywing USB Link Software I´ve updated the LCD Program Box too, buy now when I try to program a V2.0 or V2.1 I only get a message in the screen saying Please Upgrade Software and I don´t know how to solve this. I have the lastes version of the LCD Program Box and ESC. Can someone help me please?

Thanks!
What ESC are you doing this on? XERUN, EZRUN, JUSTOCK, EXTREME???

The program is very well designed, it will recognise the ESC if it's an authentic and correct version.
Old 06-30-2012, 11:49 AM
Tech Rookie

hi i have a 3.5t motor with losi 100amp esc.
my spur is 48 and pinion is 19t. using 6cell nimh. my motor is not hot after driving. my esc is not hot but the little fat cylinder shape coming of the esc gets a bit warm.
can you guys advice which part of the esc temp i should check the main esc or he little capacitor looking things. and also is my pinion size ok?and gear ratio ok?can it be faster?
Old 04-20-2013, 12:37 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

This may be a stupid question, but here goes. I recently got the Xerun v2.1 120a and I bought the LED programming box to go with it. I can change the settings easily, including turning off boost. However, how do I set the ESC to blinky mode?

From doing some reading, it seems like I need the LCD box (not the cheaper LED box), so that I may flash the firmware to stock/blinky, is that correct?

If so, what the hell is the point of the LED box if you can't update firmware with it?

If anyone can set me straight, I'd really appreciate it. Thanks!
Old 04-20-2013, 01:43 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by metalnut
This may be a stupid question, but here goes. I recently got the Xerun v2.1 120a and I bought the LED programming box to go with it. I can change the settings easily, including turning off boost. However, how do I set the ESC to blinky mode?

From doing some reading, it seems like I need the LCD box (not the cheaper LED box), so that I may flash the firmware to stock/blinky, is that correct?

If so, what the hell is the point of the LED box if you can't update firmware with it?

If anyone can set me straight, I'd really appreciate it. Thanks!
In answer to your first question, Yes you need the LCD 2 in 1 programming box to flash the firmware.
Secondly, the LED box is primarily used for the cheaper & simpler EZRUN series esc's and also can be used with the "Justock" esc as there are no timing/boost options with that esc.

Cheers
Rob.
Old 04-20-2013, 10:41 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ta04evah
In answer to your first question, Yes you need the LCD 2 in 1 programming box to flash the firmware.
Secondly, the LED box is primarily used for the cheaper & simpler EZRUN series esc's and also can be used with the "Justock" esc as there are no timing/boost options with that esc.

Cheers
Rob.
Ah, ok, that clarifies things a bit. I appreciate the answer!

Anyone want to buy an LED box?
Old 06-13-2013, 10:14 PM
Tech Adept

ok question?
I hAVE a 3.5t xerun v2 combo.
I used to run a cc sv2 6900kv with a 63t spur 36t pin. 48p for speed runs on 2s got (69mph max)
so let me get this right, with the 3.5t I cant run that gearing obviously. but after I dumb it down on gearing lets say stock which is 80/20t pin. (sakura zero s) I should see better speeds being that this is supposed to be a "faster/ hot" motor right?
because when I ran it on the same gearing it was slower than my castle combo.
pm me plz
Old 06-14-2013, 01:19 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sonspit
ok question?
I hAVE a 3.5t xerun v2 combo.
I used to run a cc sv2 6900kv with a 63t spur 36t pin. 48p for speed runs on 2s got (69mph max)
so let me get this right, with the 3.5t I cant run that gearing obviously. but after I dumb it down on gearing lets say stock which is 80/20t pin. (sakura zero s) I should see better speeds being that this is supposed to be a "faster/ hot" motor right?
because when I ran it on the same gearing it was slower than my castle combo.
pm me plz
It should go faster than 69. 4wd touring cars running 5.0 motors with boost hit 72mph lap after lap at the UK Cotswold track.

You have to figure a few things out to get good speed out of that motor though.

1. You need to get the LCD programming box, load the update software on your computer and update the speed control to the HobbyWing 930_MOD firmware.

2. You need to figure out the final drive ratio you will need with that motor in your car to work with boost.

3. You will need to figure out the boost settings to get the speed you need out of your gear/motor combination.
Old 08-06-2013, 11:54 AM
Tech Rookie

Anyone Knows the (ThunderTiger) Ace RC BLC-80C Brushless ESC

*ttp://mms.tiger.tw/upload/2010-10/201010262654.jpg

it Seems To be a clone of the Hobbywing ESC's i've got a Hobbywing Prog Card and it worked but i don't get a firmware update on this esc i dont get a Connection using the USB Programming Adapter for Hobbyking X-Car 120A & 60A ESC my dealer says it should work did i have the wrong interface or is my ESC "Locked"
Old 08-23-2014, 08:57 PM
Tech Regular

Hi guys,

Crashed my car today and it sheered the switch and receiver wires off from the ESC right at the case. I should be able to solder them back onto the board. But I need to figure out which one goes where, as they both use the same colours. Anybody able to help?

Ryan