Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree9Likes

T.O.P. Racing "Photon" 1/10 EP Touring Car

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2011, 07:57 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Hanulec's mod car has awesome written all over it, do exactly what he says Please just drive better
Old 07-06-2011, 08:21 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mike Haynes
Hanulec's mod car has awesome written all over it, do exactly what he says Please just drive better
but my stock TC is SO MUCH BETTER (or at least I can drive it better....)
Old 07-07-2011, 09:13 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 88 (100%+)

Anyone have any advice on sidebite? I'm looking for some in the low speed corners. The sweeper at the end of the straight seems to be ok for some reason, maybe the spoiler has more downforce on it then (straight is at least 120 feet long). In the infield the car feels loose, and I have 3 degrees of toe. Should I make the link longer, or maybe adjust the wheelbase?
Old 07-07-2011, 09:43 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MUDVAYNE
Anyone have any advice on sidebite? I'm looking for some in the low speed corners. The sweeper at the end of the straight seems to be ok for some reason, maybe the spoiler has more downforce on it then (straight is at least 120 feet long). In the infield the car feels loose, and I have 3 degrees of toe. Should I make the link longer, or maybe adjust the wheelbase?
Try narrowing the rear of the car. Most people have a 1mm shim behind the Rear\Front hing pin holder. Try .5mm shim and adjust the Rear\Rear spacers accordingly.

If this does not work a longer link would be something to try.
Old 07-07-2011, 11:50 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by MUDVAYNE
Is it only side bite or is it traction everywhere? When grip outdoors sucks we reduce the number of top deck screws to 4 (rem insides) and loosened the wings or put orings under Tue wings.

If it is really side bite then u need more camber gain. Go to a lower shim on the rear inside camber link or a larger shim on the rear hub. I'd adjust the rear hub first.

You could also play wth adding more rear toe.
Old 07-07-2011, 01:14 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Default Camber links

What are the advantages of running the longer camber links? I run a temp parking lot track sprayed with sugar water.

I also am planning on running the narrow chassis with duel gear diffs. Are there any good tarmac setups out there for this setup.

Thanks
Old 07-07-2011, 01:23 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (95%+)

Originally Posted by zleader_99
What are the advantages of running the longer camber links? I run a temp parking lot track sprayed with sugar water.

I also am planning on running the narrow chassis with duel gear diffs. Are there any good tarmac setups out there for this setup.

Thanks
Longer camber links generally give you more overall traction but make the car less responsive.

Dual gear diffs will make the car easier to drive but will not be as fast as spool/gear diff setup.

If you go back a couple pages you'll find the setup I posted which is Larry's Carpet setup with a list of changes that we make to run asphalt.
Old 07-07-2011, 02:53 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Ron Goetter
Longer camber links generally give you more overall traction but make the car less responsive.

Dual gear diffs will make the car easier to drive but will not be as fast as spool/gear diff setup.

If you go back a couple pages you'll find the setup I posted which is Larry's Carpet setup with a list of changes that we make to run asphalt.

Old 07-07-2011, 03:19 PM
OVA
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Ron Goetter

hear ya go

Start with this setup with the fallowing changes 344 front springs, 40 wt oil and 2* front and rear camber. I also run all my top deck and wing screws loose to get more flex out of the car. Been Running this setup at Jackson all year with very good results when the track is both med and high bite.

Light weight arms will also help the car some. I also run a yokomo gear diff w/ 20 weight shocks oil
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Horsham_setup_11-6-10.pdf (393.4 KB, 228 views)

Last edited by OVA; 07-07-2011 at 03:32 PM.
Old 07-07-2011, 04:52 PM
Tech Regular

Default Thanks

Thanks for all the help..
Old 07-07-2011, 06:30 PM
Tech Regular

Hey Ron.... whats the advantage of the anti squat on the rear arms??? can u explain what the off set do for the handling??? Thanks
Old 07-07-2011, 06:31 PM
Tech Regular

An also expalin the angle of the rear arms???
Old 07-07-2011, 06:51 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by bigbank66
Hey Ron.... whats the advantage of the anti squat on the rear arms??? can u explain what the off set do for the handling??? Thanks
The anti-squat helps decrease rear traction, and improve steering. If your track is very low bite then you might want the rear arms level/flat, or to even have some pro-squat (the arms angled the opposite direction)

by angle, do you mean rear toe? the 1mm/3mm combo is just the kit standard. it seems to work well everywhere. in modified racing we have been trying more and less rear toe-in to get the cars to behave better.
Old 07-07-2011, 06:51 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (95%+)

Anti squat helps with steering going in the corner and also rear traction/drive out of the corner

I'm not sure what you mean by off set?

Again not really sure what your talking about here. Rear toe maybe? If so rear toe gives the car stability and rear traction. However to much toe can actually take traction away.
Old 07-08-2011, 05:07 PM
Tech Regular

Default exotech chassis

I am trying to do the optional servo install, the paper work says the xray servo saver works the best. I have the kingshead steering crank and dont want to Danny the Dremel off the arm. I was going to use the orignal arm as another Photon driver sudjested. However I dont have any left.

Is xray servo saver a steering crank? If so does anyone have a part number? Sorry if this has been covered. I am putting a order together and want to sort this out before I submit.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.