Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
T.O.P. Racing "Photon" 1/10 EP Touring Car >

T.O.P. Racing "Photon" 1/10 EP Touring Car

Like Tree1Likes

T.O.P. Racing "Photon" 1/10 EP Touring Car

Reply

Old 03-11-2009, 02:54 AM
  #1  
Tech Regular
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: UK
Posts: 262
Default T.O.P. Racing "Photon" 1/10 EP Touring Car

Probably time to start a new thread, specifically for the new release of T.O.P. Racing's Photon. The new car is expected Summer 2009.

For T.O.P. Racing distributors in your country, please check out T.O.P. Racing's HQ website here.
keithander is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 03:24 AM
  #2  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (3)
 
decibels's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: in a house
Posts: 431
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

It is a good idea to start a new thread but it is useless still there is no damn pictures!!
decibels is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 03:33 AM
  #3  
Tech Regular
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: UK
Posts: 262
Default

Originally Posted by decibels View Post
It is a good idea to start a new thread but it is useless still there is no damn pictures!!
....just hold on a few more weeks
keithander is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 05:45 AM
  #4  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (2)
 
HarryN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Maryland, USA
Posts: 2,009
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

If we're all really nice to Josh Cyrul, I mean REALLY nice, he can post pictures of the car.

Eh Josh? *nudge nudge* Eh? Eh?
HarryN is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 06:37 AM
  #5  
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Helmond
Posts: 1,544
Default

for what i have seen i want the car
lot of improvements and i think for what i have seen is everything from a high quality.

I have some question for Josh but i will ask them after the car is on the marked or when there are pictures online.
I now he will not answer them because than he just can show the pictures right away.

and now it's time to put the car on the marked as soon as possible.
I want to race with it.
mikky32 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 07:12 AM
  #6  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (12)
 
XxRONNxX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Northern California
Posts: 152
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

hmmm...there seems to be a lot of hype about this car. I may have to take a sneak peek at EJ's car the next time I see him at the track. I might want one in the future.
XxRONNxX is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 07:31 AM
  #7  
Tech Master
iTrader: (2)
 
GLITTER LIDZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Thurmont MD
Posts: 1,592
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Ricks panties just got wet......again!
GLITTER LIDZ is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 07:33 AM
  #8  
Tech Master
iTrader: (35)
 
rcterp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: No mans land.
Posts: 1,032
Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by GLITTER LIDZ View Post
Ricks panties just got wet......again!
Awesome
rcterp is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 07:57 AM
  #9  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (9)
 
seaball's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Posts: 4,304
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default fauxton

Originally Posted by XxRONNxX View Post
there seems to be a lot of hype about this car.
it's not a car that will blow you away with ingenuity, persay. the brilliance is in the logic. for example, the ackermann is adjustable but it won't change the steering speed or the end points in doing so. is that exciting? it is if you realize that most racers don't grasp kinematics very well. it also means that when you 'test ackermann', you're not inadvertently testing 5 other changes.

i've seen this car repeatedly at all the northeast grand slam races. (incidentally, josh won pro touring for the series with this car). in my opinion, it only catches your eye if you understand the idiosyncracies of most tc's. i think josh and top have found a way for this car to stay adjustable enough for the seasoned pro, without causing headaches and additional spending responsibilities for the average racer.

therein lies the brilliance. mark my words, it's at the top of the list in raw, solid functionality.

here's picture of the car from the ngs races:
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3056/...a3f705e4_m.jpg
- petar stoyanov

(oh c'mon, that's funny, and you know it!)
seaball is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 08:11 AM
  #10  
Super Moderator
iTrader: (75)
 
Kraig's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Sun Prairie, WI
Posts: 6,598
Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by seaball View Post
here's picture of the car from the ngs races:
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3056/...a3f705e4_m.jpg
My, what nice big hands you have.
Kraig is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 08:19 AM
  #11  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (2)
 
HarryN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Maryland, USA
Posts: 2,009
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by seaball View Post
here's picture of the car from the ngs races:
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3056/...a3f705e4_m.jpg


LOOKS JUST LIKE THE CAR!!!
HarryN is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 08:49 AM
  #12  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (28)
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: SF Bay Area
Posts: 3,519
Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Default

Now Ron,do I have to pull your card?
Originally Posted by XxRONNxX View Post
hmmm...there seems to be a lot of hype about this car. I may have to take a sneak peek at EJ's car the next time I see him at the track. I might want one in the future.
racenut123 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 08:52 AM
  #13  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (25)
 
trdsupra88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Southwest
Posts: 2,531
Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by seaball View Post
it's not a car that will blow you away with ingenuity, persay. the brilliance is in the logic. for example, the ackermann is adjustable but it won't change the steering speed or the end points in doing so. is that exciting? it is if you realize that most racers don't grasp kinematics very well. it also means that when you 'test ackermann', you're not inadvertently testing 5 other changes.

i've seen this car repeatedly at all the northeast grand slam races. (incidentally, josh won pro touring for the series with this car). in my opinion, it only catches your eye if you understand the idiosyncracies of most tc's. i think josh and top have found a way for this car to stay adjustable enough for the seasoned pro, without causing headaches and additional spending responsibilities for the average racer.

therein lies the brilliance. mark my words, it's at the top of the list in raw, solid functionality.

here's picture of the car from the ngs races:
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3056/...a3f705e4_m.jpg
- petar stoyanov

(oh c'mon, that's funny, and you know it!)
I wouldnt expect anything more from a dealership repairman...
trdsupra88 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 09:01 AM
  #14  
Tech Master
iTrader: (19)
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Nor-Cal
Posts: 1,869
Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by trdsupra88 View Post
I wouldnt expect anything more from a dealership repairman...
Really? Well, that explains a lot.

(from IT support at a Dealership) LOL
Advil is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 11:52 AM
  #15  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (12)
 
RC MARKET's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: HK
Posts: 6,194
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

I'm before few month had saw this prototype ,
now was update some design ,
around APR to MAY release !
RC MARKET is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service