Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree9Likes

T.O.P. Racing "Photon" 1/10 EP Touring Car

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2011, 07:36 AM
Tech Regular

hi, has anyone tryed the litemodz front and rear cvs on the photon , r they any good ?

thanks
Old 02-16-2011, 05:05 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

TOP Released Ti-Rod Wrench for Photon
Attached Thumbnails T.O.P. Racing "Photon" 1/10 EP Touring Car-top-new-parts.jpg   T.O.P. Racing "Photon" 1/10 EP Touring Car-top-pt-tw01rd.jpg  
Old 02-16-2011, 05:53 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Not sure if this was mentioned earlier before but has anyone noticed that the diff halves supplied in the kit are hard coated and the one purchased as replacement parts are not hard coated?

I have 2 diff halves that was purchased as replacement parts did not last as long as the kit supplied ones combined even with regular replacement of the C blades.

The other thing I noticed is the the color is also different. The kit ones are slightly darker in color probably caused by hard coating and the replacement parts are similar color with all other allow parts of the car.

I am interested in getting the ones supplied in the kit. Does anyone know of a part number specific to it?
Old 02-16-2011, 08:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by old-man
I am interested in getting the ones supplied in the kit. Does anyone know of a part number specific to it?
There would only be one part number, but you could have been in a situation where the kit you bought was newer stock than the spare parts?.

TOP have made running changes to parts, like with the spur pulleys I got last week, which now come pre-glued and fit my kawada spurs with no mods.
Old 02-17-2011, 01:10 AM
Tech Champion

What grease is reccomended for the ball diff...for the diff and the thrust bearings?
Old 02-17-2011, 02:02 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)

Originally Posted by InspGadgt
What grease is reccomended for the ball diff...for the diff and the thrust bearings?
AE Diff lube works good, as well as NifTech.
Old 02-17-2011, 07:19 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by KingKarate757
AE Diff lube works good, as well as NifTech.
Yup, AE diff lube for the diff and AE BLACK GREASE for the thrust
Do not use the diff lube for thrust, bad idea.
Old 02-17-2011, 07:21 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

I use AE black on the thrust and AE clear on the other.. butter every time!
Old 02-17-2011, 07:27 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mwoods
hi, has anyone tryed the litemodz front and rear cvs on the photon , r they any good ?

thanks
Got a complete set a while ago, front and rear. The rear ones are great, hardly any backlash at all when used with the top blades.
But the front ones are a different story, the coupling CVS is a little too big for the C-Hub opening and would hit the sides of the C-hub when turning sharp. I ended up dremeling out a larger opening for the C-hub. Also there is some rubber tubing that comes with them and you need to cut it very precisely to make up for the slop in the diff outdrive. I must've not cut precisely enough cuz I didn't even make it through one race, tagged a corner and the front ones blew up into millions of pieces.60 bucks down the drain.
But I've still got the rear ones on and they are great. Many many races and still very very minimal backlash.
Old 02-17-2011, 08:48 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

What blew up the plastic pipe on the pins or the bone?
I have the spec r front ecs and love them i installed xray pins and C hubs and all is well. I have had some realy hard sweeper hits in spec class and still turning
Old 02-17-2011, 10:25 AM
Tech Champion

Cool thanks guys...that's what I used...AE diff grease and AE black grease. The diff is very smooth but it felt like it had a little drag in it so I wanted to make sure the black grease wasn't too thick.
Old 02-17-2011, 06:36 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 103 (100%+)

Cool thanks guys...that's what I used...AE diff grease and AE black grease. The diff is very smooth but it felt like it had a little drag in it so I wanted to make sure the black grease wasn't too thick.
It will free up after run-in.
Old 02-17-2011, 06:51 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

i use shumacher diff grease and AE black grease....the diff grease last longer for me if compare with other diff grease...
Old 02-17-2011, 07:12 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kschu
i use shumacher diff grease and AE black grease....the diff grease last longer for me if compare with other diff grease...
I haven't tried them all, but ever since I started using Schumacher diff grease, I haven't felt the need to try any other ones. That stuff works great.

I'm using TRF thrust bearing grease right now. There might be better grease, but it's what I've got and seems to work well enough. Is AE better for thrust bearing grease?
Old 02-17-2011, 07:38 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 80 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mr. Bubby
Got a complete set a while ago, front and rear. The rear ones are great, hardly any backlash at all when used with the top blades.
But the front ones are a different story, the coupling CVS is a little too big for the C-Hub opening and would hit the sides of the C-hub when turning sharp. I ended up dremeling out a larger opening for the C-hub. Also there is some rubber tubing that comes with them and you need to cut it very precisely to make up for the slop in the diff outdrive. I must've not cut precisely enough cuz I didn't even make it through one race, tagged a corner and the front ones blew up into millions of pieces.60 bucks down the drain.
But I've still got the rear ones on and they are great. Many many races and still very very minimal backlash.
That's horrible. All the performance gains are suppose to be from the front shafts. At least that is what I thought. Have you contacted them on this?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.