Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree3Likes

Tamiya TRF415

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2005, 09:51 AM
Tech Adept

thanks guys!

I have a few more questions will these parts fit my car, part numbers are out of manual, but i would like to double check

rear hubs

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...72&FVPROFIL=++

front hubs

knuckles?

Last edited by Bad Boys Racing; 05-29-2005 at 10:13 AM.
Old 05-29-2005, 12:36 PM
Tech Master

They will fit on a std 415. The last ref are the C-Hubs.

I ran the car today with the DJ suspension, and let me tell you, it's absolutely ballistic. The rear is planted, and it's a track that doesn't forgive a bad setup, seen as it's very very bumpy and demanding in terms of corner speed. Started off with blue on front and fluo yellow on the rear, no roll bars (the rest being exactly as per DJ's setup, apart from the rear toe set to 2), and ran it like that all day, then decided to go softer on springs (yellow front and fluo red on rear), and connect the yellow roll bars, and i gained 4/10th on my quickest lap, with the car being consistantly quicker than my previous best lap time. I felt the car was putting the power down so much better, not as much sensitive to the bumps, all due to the softer springs. It's strange because on the track, it wasn't that different, I'd have said the car was slower to be honest.

Can't wait for next week end and the nationals on that exact same track
Old 05-29-2005, 02:01 PM
Tech Regular

Yippe just won an auction on ebay for a 415 , already thinking about what i need to get for the car now. Looking at the DJ suspession module, spool, fixed centre layshaft, toe blocks, low friction belts, anything else ?

With the DJ setup on the rear using 0 degree hubs what toe blocks will i need to get between 1.5 and 3 degree rear toe-in ?

I think i read something about spools and a very light one a few pages back, if anyone knows where to get them i would be greatful.

any tips on stock ( 27t ) gearing on UK tracks would be useful too, may have the car in time for the next BRCA stock National at my old home track of Ashby with alittle luck.
Old 05-29-2005, 03:12 PM
Tech Master

you'll need to get the X-A and X-B blocks to get 2.5 and 3 degrees, and X-C, X-D if you want to use a narrower rear end.
Old 05-29-2005, 04:37 PM
Tech Adept

what is DJ suspension, and how much does it cost?

what is the part number, and degree for caster blocks (C hubs?) that would would recomend for carpet racing

What sizes of allen and nutdrivers do i need to get?

is there a site that does rollout for this car?
Old 05-29-2005, 05:12 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Bad Boys Racing
what is DJ suspension, and how much does it cost?

what is the part number, and degree for caster blocks (C hubs?) that would would recomend for carpet racing

What sizes of allen and nutdrivers do i need to get?

is there a site that does rollout for this car?
I wouldn't get the DJ suspension for carpet with foam. Just stick to the stock suspension, since it's much more durable.

The C-Hubs that comes stock with the car are fine and you will hardly ever break any. part number is just on the top of this page. Only parts you can eventually need are the front hubs (called steering knuckles by Tamiya) since sometimes the thread for the king pins gets off.
Old 05-29-2005, 06:41 PM
Tech Adept

thanks, that is one part my car doesn't come with it's got belts arms etc lol the one part i need
Old 05-29-2005, 07:32 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Do not get the DJ suspension if you are running carpet foams.

I test fit a set of GP3300s in my 415 today...they will fit depending on what bars you use. The ones I had just barely touched the belts. With a different type of bar they would fit no problem.
Old 05-29-2005, 08:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TRF415boy
They will fit on a std 415. The last ref are the C-Hubs.

I ran the car today with the DJ suspension, and let me tell you, it's absolutely ballistic. The rear is planted, and it's a track that doesn't forgive a bad setup, seen as it's very very bumpy and demanding in terms of corner speed. Started off with blue on front and fluo yellow on the rear, no roll bars (the rest being exactly as per DJ's setup, apart from the rear toe set to 2), and ran it like that all day, then decided to go softer on springs (yellow front and fluo red on rear), and connect the yellow roll bars, and i gained 4/10th on my quickest lap, with the car being consistantly quicker than my previous best lap time. I felt the car was putting the power down so much better, not as much sensitive to the bumps, all due to the softer springs. It's strange because on the track, it wasn't that different, I'd have said the car was slower to be honest.

Can't wait for next week end and the nationals on that exact same track
Thanks for that review. Generally a car that feels slow, is actually quite fast. Well... it seems that way when you watch the best guys, because the car is in so much control.

Anyway... was your testing done in Stock or Modified? Very interested in getting this suspension as the track I primarily race on is quite bumpy in places.
Old 05-30-2005, 01:21 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Heya Guys.

Ok i will have my 415 (original) kit on thursday, i am just wondering if the car has a centre one way in it?? or a front one way diff??

Also, what parts are needed to make up the front diff?? What parts do i need to get rid of a centre oneway (if it has one)

Thanks.

Glenn
Old 05-30-2005, 01:32 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Answered in the Aussie thread. Check it out.
Old 05-30-2005, 01:46 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by F. Alonso
Thanks for that review. Generally a car that feels slow, is actually quite fast. Well... it seems that way when you watch the best guys, because the car is in so much control.

Anyway... was your testing done in Stock or Modified? Very interested in getting this suspension as the track I primarily race on is quite bumpy in places.
I ran it at Ashby in the UK, it's probably one of the most difficult tracks regarding setting your car up in the country. A top Uk driver told me once that if you can get a car to work at ashby, it'll work anywhere else lol. Anyway, I used my 19T to start with, since next week's nationals is in 19T, but my motor is useless outdoors, it was actually just about quicker than a stock. So, as there weren't enough people in mod/19t and we were all in the same heat, I threw in my 12T.So to answer your question, I used both, and the car itself was really good with both stock and mod in.
Old 05-30-2005, 04:19 AM
Tech Regular

Ashby used to be my home track when i did more racing than i do now, won the club stock class championship in 2002 ( rc-lab ) again in 2003 ( TB EVO 3 and EVO 3 SE ) and the national Torc championship stock class in 2003 ( EVO 3 and EVO 3 SE ) and i have to agree if you get your car dailed in at Ashby you can get it setup for any track in the country. Ashby set-ups work very well at places at Wrexham or Broxtowe with just a change of gearing.

Not raced a Tamiya since the end of 2003 due to sponsorship but now im getting the 415 i feel like im coming home again. Lets hope i get the car and parts in time for this weekends Ashby national or i may have to spend a few days digging out my old EVO 3 SE and seeing how the old girl can go.
Old 05-30-2005, 09:20 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by TRF415boy
I ran it at Ashby in the UK, it's probably one of the most difficult tracks regarding setting your car up in the country. A top Uk driver told me once that if you can get a car to work at ashby, it'll work anywhere else lol. Anyway, I used my 19T to start with, since next week's nationals is in 19T, but my motor is useless outdoors, it was actually just about quicker than a stock. So, as there weren't enough people in mod/19t and we were all in the same heat, I threw in my 12T.So to answer your question, I used both, and the car itself was really good with both stock and mod in.
Your car did look really good thats for sure
Old 05-30-2005, 01:55 PM
Tech Adept

I also ran the pro module suspnsion at a u.k. track today. Very happy with how it went.

Does anybody know the spring rates for the flourescent springs and the rate for the supplied red spring? Ed?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.