Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever... >

1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree2897Likes

1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever...

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2019, 04:00 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by MikeR
Shorty Lipo- anything from 4500-6000mah is good for 5-10 minute races;
https://www.amainhobbies.com/search?s=shorty+pack

For the F104x pretty much any body should work since it is narrow. Typical race body weighs about 40gr;
https://www.amainhobbies.com/search?s=f1+body

Your Mp4 wings are ok to use for now (as long as they don't scrape the ground-bad). Heavy wings tend to last longer than light wings.
Wings are just bumpers anyway, heavy is a good thing. Can make the car calmer as well. But yes, can't scrape the ground, upsets the chassis.
asake likes this.
Old 10-10-2019, 09:23 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by dman18t
Wings are just bumpers anyway, heavy is a good thing. Can make the car calmer as well. But yes, can't scrape the ground, upsets the chassis.
Thank you for the information, guys.
Old 10-16-2019, 02:10 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Hello all. I'm currently weighing options on a few different chassis.
Serpent SF4, Capricorn Lab F1-01(or 02), Roche Rapide Evo.
I would appreciate some feedback if anyone has any experience with these cars.

Thanks
Old 10-16-2019, 03:45 PM
Tech Champion

Roche with the Xray steel axle gear diff. Pretty much the cutting edge setup. Same as Xray. The other cars might be nice, but I haven't seen anyone runs those with success, and they look a bit odd in some areas.
BigRon likes this.
Old 10-16-2019, 04:01 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by BigRon
Hello all. I'm currently weighing options on a few different chassis.
Serpent SF4, Capricorn Lab F1-01(or 02), Roche Rapide Evo.
I would appreciate some feedback if anyone has any experience with these cars.

Thanks
I run the Roche Evo USA spec, pretty much box stock on CRC black carpet on CRC tires. Tight ball diff, soft side and front springs, 10k on side tubes. Car rocks, can't be beat for price. I can compete or beat any other chassis as long as I don't make any mistakes. The car is more capable than I am.

I've gone head to head with the other chassis' on your list & did just fine.

Pros for Roche are comparability with some x-ray stuff, parts are cheap and car is tough. Center pivot will not tweak (slotted), nice rear pod and lots of tuning options.

Con: Roche parts are hit & miss from Roche USA, seems like they only get shipments periodically. If they improved their parts supply, then they would have no cons whatsoever.
BigRon likes this.
Old 10-16-2019, 04:04 PM
Dan
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

I'd go Roche. This is coming from an SF4 owner.
BigRon likes this.
Old 10-17-2019, 08:22 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Dan
I'd go Roche. This is coming from an SF4 owner.
Just the guy I want to hear from. Is the whole chassis mounted rear wing a gimmick or is there actual real time benefits from it?
Old 10-18-2019, 04:26 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by BigRon
Just the guy I want to hear from. Is the whole chassis mounted rear wing a gimmick or is there actual real time benefits from it?
I don't know if it's a gimmick but there is an option for it for the Roche, see grip works RC for conversion.

I wouldn't bother, my Roche rocks right out of the box! As for gimmick, who knows but the serpent rear pivot without side links should be good for eliminating chassis feedback from imposed/braking forces. Hence being able to brake into corners harder and accelerating out sooner. Any SF4 owners want to confirm that?
Old 10-18-2019, 08:56 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

I pulled the floating rear wing from my Roche. The wing bounced more than the stock setup and made the rear grip inconsistent. It may just be my track, since most rave about it.
Leester likes this.
Old 10-19-2019, 01:46 PM
Tech Addict

Everyone is raving about wing mounts etc. Where is the rear pod that facilitates a meaty diffuser?
Old 10-19-2019, 04:21 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by MatsNorway
Everyone is raving about wing mounts etc. Where is the rear pod that facilitates a meaty diffuser?
Buy some thin lexan and bend one up. Put it between the pod plates and the lower plate.
Old 10-20-2019, 06:50 AM
Tech Addict

Problem is the lower rear stiffener taking up space where the diffuser should be. It has minimal gains if any and will add weight/complexity as you need that stiffness so you need to really know what you are doing to even verify that it could/does work. But even pro teams have tried it in 1/12. So i could be a thing in the future.
Old 10-20-2019, 11:45 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by MatsNorway
Problem is the lower rear stiffener taking up space where the diffuser should be. It has minimal gains if any and will add weight/complexity as you need that stiffness so you need to really know what you are doing to even verify that it could/does work. But even pro teams have tried it in 1/12. So i could be a thing in the future.
Not sure what a lower rear stiffener is. I have tried a home made diffuser on an F103 on foam tires. It was pretty big, 4 vanes, went out past the rear wing a little. Net result the car actually turned MORE, and was stuck. Not believing it may have actually worked, I removed the diffuser and the car lost the steering instantly. Was it actual aero effects? I'm not sure. It could have just been the added weight on the pod. It would be fun to try again. It definitely has to be big, since the air does not scale down.
Old 10-20-2019, 01:01 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by robk
Not sure what a lower rear stiffener is. I have tried a home made diffuser on an F103 on foam tires. It was pretty big, 4 vanes, went out past the rear wing a little. Net result the car actually turned MORE, and was stuck. Not believing it may have actually worked, I removed the diffuser and the car lost the steering instantly. Was it actual aero effects? I'm not sure. It could have just been the added weight on the pod. It would be fun to try again. It definitely has to be big, since the air does not scale down.
Hi Robk,

any pictures of your diffusor ? I am curious to see how it looks

Thanks,
G-rem
Old 10-20-2019, 09:37 PM
Tech Regular

This is a diffuser from Serpent.

From my experience, it actually works. With no setup changes, it creates more rear traction, making the car more stable (maybe too stable).

Good option when you run outdoors where track condition changes a lot. We run 17.5 blinky on outdoor asphalt.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.