Wiki Posts
Search

Tekin RS ESC sensored

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2010, 09:09 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Randy_Pike
Anytime you upgrade the esc software you MUST recalibrate.
I know. But in the flurry of setting up a new car while at the track I forgot to do it. It worked and it was still fast, but not as fast as it could be...
Old 10-04-2010, 09:26 AM
Tech Adept

hi guys.

one of my fellow racers have a problem with his RSpro he says that the breaks ar rubbish and that i takes the car 3-4 meters to stop, where he with his old car could break in 1-2 meters.

his setup is
futaba 4PK 2,4ghz
LRP 2cells 5300 28C
LRP x11 17,5

i have tryed the beginners guide (about the setup with lipo cut off and other things) and have recalibrated severel times. but i just wont work, we havent tryed a different transmitter or motor. but 3 sensorwires.

any ideas ????
Old 10-04-2010, 09:40 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by StevenOlsen
hi guys.

one of my fellow racers have a problem with his RSpro he says that the breaks ar rubbish and that i takes the car 3-4 meters to stop, where he with his old car could break in 1-2 meters.

his setup is
futaba 4PK 2,4ghz
LRP 2cells 5300 28C
LRP x11 17,5

i have tryed the beginners guide (about the setup with lipo cut off and other things) and have recalibrated severel times. but i just wont work, we havent tryed a different transmitter or motor. but 3 sensorwires.

any ideas ????
Re-calibrate radio using the 4PK calibration menu (not speedo related)
Make sure throttle and brake are set to max in radio
Re-calibrate RS after

I set brake to max on RS, and adjust brakes with radio ATL setting.
Old 10-04-2010, 02:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 58 (98%+)
Default need a little setup help

Ok new to the 1/12 scale scene need some advice.This is what i ran yesterday and seemed fast but lacks out of corner/infield, run on a carpet track/roadcourse.not sure length run 17.5 class
crc genxl
tekin rs motor 17.5
boost 50
turbo 5
start 2437/end7001
delay .26
ramp 1
1 cell
timing profile c2
throttle profile 5
current limit 84
push off
advance timing 10
gearing 78/51 tires 4.1

Just dont have a clue to be honest,Just the guys at track where helping me out.
Old 10-04-2010, 02:03 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 103 (100%+)

take some timing boost off and add motor timing,or take turbo off and add motor timing
Old 10-04-2010, 02:35 PM
Tech Regular

Hi,

I'm running a Tekin Pro with a Redline 13.5t in my T3 and I'm finding the 'Timing' settings in Hotwire a bit hard to understand.

What does Current Limit do and when would I turn it down or up ?

How do I know what end rpm to set is there a way to work it out ?

What's the best way to set the gearing correct on the car before starting to adjust things like boost, turbo, ramp etc. Should I set anything to 0 or off then gear the car for the track first then start adding boost etc ?

The start rpm is where the boost setting comes in and the end rpm is where the boost stops is that correct ?

Is the all the settings in the Turbo are only for when full throttle is open and for a certain time, the delay

?I know there's lots of set up's out on the net and the Tekin is popular at my local track but thet don't really help me understand how and what each setting does and when to adjust it
Old 10-04-2010, 02:40 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Originally Posted by S.A.W
Hi,

I'm running a Tekin Pro with a Redline 13.5t in my T3 and I'm finding the 'Timing' settings in Hotwire a bit hard to understand.

What's the best way to set the gearing correct on the car before starting to adjust things like boost, turbo, ramp etc. Should I set anything to 0 or off then gear the car for the track first then start adding boost etc ?

The start rpm is where the boost setting comes in and the end rpm is where the boost stops is that correct ?

Is the all the settings in the Turbo are only for when full throttle is open and for a certain time, the delay

?I know there's lots of set up's out on the net and the Tekin is popular at my local track but thet don't really help me understand how and what each setting does and when to adjust it
Current limiter help run the motor some what cooler. For 13.5 I would highly reccomend 90 to a 100 for 13.5. On the RPM subject you honestly nailed so there you need to play with a go for what feels right to you.
Old 10-04-2010, 02:41 PM
Tech Lord

Hi,

read over this
http://redirectingat.com/?id=42X1295...ored-1151.html
Old 10-04-2010, 02:55 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by 20 SMOKE
Thanks Jamie, you got there before I did. Amazing how many people don't even read back one page!

Trev
Old 10-04-2010, 03:25 PM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by TrevCoult
Thanks Jamie, you got there before I did. Amazing how many people don't even read back one page!

Trev
you mean you can go back a page
Old 10-05-2010, 01:54 AM
Tech Regular

Thanks for the link, I had read the older version but didn't know there was one on the newer software.

So any timing on the motor is working all the time, then boost only works when the motor is in the set rpm value's ?

After the end rpm is reached Turbo will come in but only if the throttle is opened for the set delay time ?

So do I gear the car for the punch/infield ? then set the rpm for the straights etc and if I need a bit more at the end of the straight I would add the turbo, is that right ?

I still don't understand how you come up with the end rpm, I understand the start rpm, eg as you come onto the straight you want the boost to start to come in.

Thanks.
Old 10-05-2010, 02:10 AM
Tech Master

You've pretty much got it nailed, but, the boost timing will apply throughout most of the time you are running. Astart of 5000 RPM is barely more than walking pace, and if you end at around 20,000 rpm, that's probably 3/4 throttle on a 13.5 (roughly speaking). So, after that "about" 3/4 throttle range, you've got all your boost applied, and then it's just waiting for the turbo, if you need it.
Old 10-05-2010, 02:14 AM
Tech Regular

Oh and timing advance dosen't do anything in sensored mode ? I read somewhere that it said set this to 0 incase the sensor lead fails and the other place says run it at 100 incase the sensor lead fails ? but then it will dump full timing on the motor and you might cook it ?

So what's good end rpm to set for a 13.5t ?
Old 10-05-2010, 03:30 AM
Tech Adept

Oh and timing advance dosen't do anything in sensored mode ? I read somewhere that it said set this to 0 incase the sensor lead fails and the other place says run it at 100 incase the sensor lead fails ? but then it will dump full timing on the motor and you might cook it ?

Advanced timing setting:
For mod motor, set it low, ~40 to 60
For stock motor, set it higher, ~ 80 to 90

13.5, you can set end rpm at about 17000rpm
Old 10-05-2010, 04:33 AM
Tech Regular

Timing advance does nothing in sensored mode unless the sensor lead breaks or falls out.

On a 13.5 set this to 100. If the sensor lead fails this will then give you a fixed 30 degrees of timing and get you home a little slower than normal. If you set it to 0 it will get you home a lot slower!

For a modified motor setting this to 100 would NOT be a good idea. That is possibly where you've heard different things.

Trev

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.