Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hairy
I don't hide jackjass

Mike "hairy" Henderson
Originally Posted by Dog Bone
Wow. Name calling. Classy.
Another Internet troll posts!
can we just move along and get back on the topic of the thread??
Old 12-06-2010, 07:53 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)
Wink

Another Internet troll posts!
HEY!! I haven't posted, till now anyway

I had the Pleasure of 'online chat' with Randy last week, he helped me work thru my problem, and it took some time, I for 1 appreciate Tekin & Randys dedication to this Industry, as with ANY business you can't make everyone Happy, and it appears "Hairy' your one of those unfortuate customers,

I suggest you get rid of all your Brushlees stuff and indeed go back to those wonderful days of cycling NiMHS, cutting comms, cutting brushes, buying boxes of brush springs and your Fantom dyno, and leave the world of Brushless to those who appreciate it,

Speedy Bill

ps Randy I'll hit ya up for another 'issue' I have here later today

Old 12-06-2010, 08:15 AM
Team Tekin

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Guys if you've been in the hobby long enough you've had one of "those" moments when it seems everything is going wrong. Harry is there.

As not only someone who works in the industry but a diehard r/c racer I want to make sure he's enjoying this wonderful hobby/sport.

Let's all grow up a bit and stop the name calling, it accomplishes nothing.

Harry, give me a call. I'm available after 10am pacific standard time. 208 968 2823.
Old 12-06-2010, 08:22 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Randy,

Will you be at the Snowbirds?
Old 12-06-2010, 08:40 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Dave De Voe
I have a dead spot in the motor whenever sensor lite 1 and 2 lite at same time?also lites 1.2 and 6.7 flash if I turn it on with the battery pluged in.If I turn it on with just the reciever battery wait for it too "bootup" then plug in battery everything good exept for the dead spotHELP or do I need to send in?
rc12R5.1
13.5 dou 3
tekin rs
and did standered run of checks.....sensorwire new,motor new,wires new
as the leds 1,2,6,7 flash. than you have a wrong motor type.
check your settings on that.
Old 12-06-2010, 11:10 AM
Team Tekin

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Xpress
Randy,

Will you be at the Snowbirds?
Yes
Old 12-06-2010, 11:22 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

i bought the system and that is all they care about.
I am not trying to jump on you, but that doesn't sound like the bunch I have dealt with. I have had them sit on the phone with me for 30+ minutes to help my dumba$$ get something figured out 3 times. I did have to send a speedo in and they sent me a brand new one, no questions asked (turnaround of less than a week). Get an LRP and wait 6+ weeks for them to even look at it, let alone help you get it going. I have an LRP I am going to sell, if it gets back. My experience with Tekin has been exceptional compared to anyone in any industry - not just this stuff.
Old 12-06-2010, 11:28 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by L@gger
Hello. I need to reverse my motor. I have endbelt timing +35 degress (novak motor). The question is if I should go to +25 degrees if I change motor direction or what to do with endbelt timing?
Anyway, the new feature - minimum brake and throttle makes motor more push if its higher right?
Thanks
Can someone finally answer it? I reversed it by software. I mean the timing is left the same 35
Old 12-06-2010, 11:32 AM
Tech Adept

randy. when comes the update so we can save our setups on the pc and mail it to others?
will it also be posible to make a setup withoud connecting the speedo to the pc?

the new dual mode is great in tc mod.
more infield rip.
i started with a 4,5t.
the others drive 5,5t and 6,5t.
i lowerd the gearing and the boost. motor and speedo stayed cooler.
than i tried a 6,5t. infield rip and straight line speed were great.
everything stayed cooler.
the 5,5t drivers were first thinking that they finaly could beat me. they were wrong.
same laptimes as i had with the 4,5t withoud the new software.
with the 212 the car was fast. extream fast. lowerd the timing so it was better to drive.
now i must buy a new motor. a 5,5 or 6,5t.
Old 12-06-2010, 11:36 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by L@gger
Can someone finally answer it? I reversed it by software. I mean the timing is left the same 35
you don't have to change any thing with your motor as you set the speedo on reverse. it is just so you drive the right way.
Old 12-06-2010, 11:58 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

speddybill, Love your Avitar! Lost my place there for a min.
Old 12-06-2010, 01:15 PM
Tech Fanatic

I TALKED TO RANDY MONDAY 11/15/2010 AND AFTER I ANSWERED HIS QUESTIONS AS TO WHAT I HAVE DONE TO LOCATE THE PROBLEM HE SAID TO SEND IT IN FOR REPLACEMENT!

LOOK NEVER MIND I CAN'T KEEP REPEATING WHAT I HAVE SAID SEVERAL TIMES...IF TEKIN DOSEN'T CARE THAN I WILL GO TO SOMONE ELSES SPEEDO. I HAVE TRIED TO TALK TO A TECH AND THEY HAVE NOT CALLED ME BACK.
i bought the system and that is all they care about.
Cool it, tiger. One thing is for sure, it's not going to solve your problem shouting on here.

I've got two Tekin RS, and both have performed faultlessly from 198 to 212. I've had nothing but total support from Tekin, and Randy in particular. I've made every schoolboy error in the book, and Tekin and their Team have dug me out of every one. In all that time, it's never been the speedo, it's always been me. In all that time, I've never got anywhere by moaning on about it on a forum.

Please talk, and listen to Randy, and give us a rest.
Old 12-06-2010, 01:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Tekin

First off let me say THANK YOU to Randy Pike for his time this morning.
Second as Randy stated and understands I am extremely frustrated with the situation as it is now. I am not putting down Tekin, I have been a loyal user since the early 1990's.There IS a problem and it IS being looked into. My anger comes from the internet trolls that get on here and post junk just to start something so that they can feel good about themselves and I got sucked in.
I trust that Tekin will find out what is going on and will come up with a solution.
To all of those that offered advice and genuine about it I thank you. To the rest, get a life and do something useful for a change.
Old 12-06-2010, 01:21 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by toptek
you don't have to change any thing with your motor as you set the speedo on reverse. it is just so you drive the right way.
Thanks. Just wasnt sure as its a mechanical timing.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.