R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 02-29-2008, 02:23 PM   #736
Tech Regular

Send a message via MSN to nocif13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcos.J View Post
here is a picture of what i had to do to get a little more room for pinions

I did this on the original E4 not the RS or FS version, I should have my RS very soon
I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM WITH YOUR ENGINE 6.5T blocks, it is impossible to settle the pinion
Old 02-29-2008, 02:26 PM   #737
Tech Regular

Quote:
I got the pm, check you email i send you both set ups!! Im trying a couple of things tommorow at the track,if i find any improvements to the set up Ill email them to you!!. Let me know if you need anything else.
and me please , if not i will see trev (cutting edge) on sunday.

ps im going to try different pistons on sunday three 1.2mm holes with 45wt oil in front and 40wt in the back . thats wat i run in my old bd im trying to smooth the car out abit . let u no how it goes on sunday if it dont rain in sunny england lol.

thanks
mwoods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 04:59 PM   #738
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 114 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf Hobbies View Post
Hi All:

It is good to see that things are going well for the E4XXs. I did not want to be the first one to mentuion it but if you look at the chassis without the battery cover there is not that much carbon fiber there. It is always easy to make the car more compliant but difficult to make it more rigid. That is why we are sticking with the E4RS as the base chassis for the asphalt car. We also found that removing the two outside posts in the front makes a bigger difference than the thinner top deck. The twin arm steering system is going to be sold as a kit in the near future (next week).

My main reason for the post is that there have been some concerns raised about the internal ratio on the FS vs. the E4 and E4RS. The concern stems from the fact that you cannot use the 1 way or spool on the FS as it comes out of the box. TM assures me that the FS combo 1 way is on its way but as users remind me, the car has been out for 2 months. That is way too long to wait for the parts you need to run the car the way you want. We have come up with a solution that we hope will be acceptable to present and future users. For any FS owner that has purchased a spool or 1 way or owns an E4 and wishes to use that 1 way in his car we will send 2 17 tooth center pulleys and two E4 diff pulleys free of charge (we do ask that you pay shipping or we will just add it to your shipment at no additional charge). Additionally, if you wish to purchase a spool or 1 way for your FS we will give you the 4 pulleys free of charge. Changing these pulley will give your car the same internal ratio as the E4 so you can swap your diff for a 1 way and back at the track without having to do major surgery each time. We hope that this solution will make it possible for you to tailor your E4FS to your driving style rather than the other way around. We want to thank our customers who brought this issue to our attention and Team Magic for their part in this promotion.

Thanks

Wolf
Just wanted to say thanks to Wolf Hobbies. Ordered my parts Tuesday night and got them in today so now I can race this weekend. That's some good customer service in my book. Thanks again!!
harjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 07:00 AM   #739
Super Moderator

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 182 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nocif13 View Post
I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM WITH YOUR ENGINE 6.5T blocks, it is impossible to settle the pinion
i have a nice set of spurs so i can get what ever ratio I need
Marcos.J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 07:29 AM   #740
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwoods View Post
and me please , if not i will see trev (cutting edge) on sunday.

ps im going to try different pistons on sunday three 1.2mm holes with 45wt oil in front and 40wt in the back . thats wat i run in my old bd im trying to smooth the car out abit . let u no how it goes on sunday if it dont rain in sunny england lol.

thanks
the set ups are up a few post
as far as the shock pistons i found the the 2 hole and 1.2mm with about 35wt front and rear works very well
Old 03-02-2008, 08:54 AM   #741
Tech Fanatic

Default E4 MOVIE

My E4 Run On High-Way Circuit.

BL 4.0T, IB 4600 Exercise 6 Cells

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CE2s-nMjTB8

★ Show Hobby(Novarossi)
Km Racing HK1 Meen Version
Another Nick: Bander
gansei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 12:22 PM   #742
Tech Apprentice

Nice Video Car looks well planted
Old 03-02-2008, 07:15 PM   #743
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by gansei View Post
My E4 Run On High-Way Circuit.

BL 4.0T, IB 4600 Exercise 6 Cells

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CE2s-nMjTB8
nice
Old 03-02-2008, 07:45 PM   #744
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuttingedge View Post
When you say SP you don't mean Speed Passion do you ?????

How could you put such a slow motor in such a great car ???

Disregard my earlyer post on Gearing if you gear a Speed Passion 13.5 at 4.7 i reckon it will BLOW from what i have seen of Speed Passion motors here in the UK

Get a Novak and feel some speed
Your mates must have been doing something wrong. An SP 13.5 motor with a GT speedo on the default settings is way faster than a 13.5 should be.

Marcos running a SP 13.5 was ballistic a few weeks ago when we raced. I had to gear may Novak 13.5 to 4.17 to match his speed. Now if he can just figure out to turn I will be in trouble...lol!
AdrianM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 07:54 PM   #745
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdrianM View Post
Your mates must have been doing something wrong. An SP 13.5 motor with a GT speedo on the default settings is way faster than a 13.5 should be.

Marcos running a SP 13.5 was ballistic a few weeks ago when we raced. I had to gear may Novak 13.5 to 4.17 to match his speed. Now if he can just figure out to turn I will be in trouble...lol!
turn ?? whats that??
Old 03-02-2008, 08:02 PM   #746
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

well u shoild be running your novak 13.5 around 4 i run my 10.5 4.2/4.6 if u want speeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed after today i dont think Yohan will be running a E4 i think im still going to get one RS
iceman76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 08:07 PM   #747
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceman76 View Post
well u shoild be running your novak 13.5 around 4 i run my 10.5 4.2/4.6 if u want speeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed after today i dont think Yohan will be running a E4 i think im still going to get one RS
yohan whats wrong with your E4?
Old 03-02-2008, 09:27 PM   #748
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default E4

SP10.5 still has issues. Have tried timing#6 all the way down to about 4.6FDR and still was slow compared to Novak 10.5 with 13mm rotor. I then increased timing all the way up and still was slower than all Novaks 10.5(13mm rotor). If they dont use the 13mm rotor then we're equal...but the rotor allows them to gear down even more and maybe that's why their faster.

About the E4- its a great car. With more time I'm sure it will be amazing. Today was my first run with car and it drove quite well.
yyhayyim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 09:37 PM   #749
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default E4

Quote:
yohan whats wrong with your E4?
The E4 is real nice. not bad for its first outing
yyhayyim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 09:59 PM   #750
Tech Addict