R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-25-2008, 01:26 PM   #706
wyd
Tech Legend
 
wyd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Castle Mamba Max Pro. Feel its power!!!!!!!!!!
Posts: 21,143
Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to wyd
Default

We want video of this grudge match!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
__________________
Castle Creations (Since 2005) Just awesome products
Bumps & Jumps RC (Great Indoor facility for offroad and oval)
ST Racing Concepts (STRC)
Custom Works (Best Oval Cars around)
wyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 01:29 PM   #707
Super Moderator
 
Marcos.J's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Semper Fi
Posts: 27,213
Trader Rating: 182 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdrianM View Post
It hasn't happened yet no matter what car he's driven so by all means keep it light...I don't care.
well thanks to the hack fest in the main and i hardly run with you
Marcos.J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 01:36 PM   #708
Tech Regular
 
nocif13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: france MARSEILLE
Posts: 289
Send a message via MSN to nocif13
Default

my e4 in indoor
reedy 12x2 platinium and tekin r1
http://fr.youtube.com/watch?v=i3Jj2dLp4HA
__________________
teamspec/petitrc.com/TEAM WAVE/T.O.P racing/CBRacing.fr/rcmanufactory/Alien POWER/Team Terribles
nocif13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 03:30 PM   #709
Super Moderator
 
Marcos.J's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Semper Fi
Posts: 27,213
Trader Rating: 182 (100%+)
Default

Thanks Mr.Potter for merging the 2 Team Magic threads together it should be alot easier for people to find all the info!
Marcos.J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 05:04 PM   #710
Tech Champion
 
JayBee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: 12TH-MAN COUNTRY
Posts: 6,813
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcos.J View Post
mine weighs 1332 with the body ready to race
Mine weighs in at 1296 grams ready to race....let the weigh-ins begin
__________________
R C 3 G R A F I X _ F U S I O N . G R A P H I X _ S E A T T L E - R/C - R A C E R S _ E M E R A L D C I T Y R C . C O M

A E - 12R5.2 _ S M - REV8 PRO
JayBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 06:02 PM   #711
Tech Lord
 
protc3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Spring Hill,Florida
Posts: 10,838
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

with or without tire sauce
__________________
Jason Breiner
BMI Racing
Team Associated
J Concepts
protc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 09:28 PM   #712
Super Moderator
 
Marcos.J's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Semper Fi
Posts: 27,213
Trader Rating: 182 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayBee View Post
Mine weighs in at 1296 grams ready to race....let the weigh-ins begin
sweet
Marcos.J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 12:31 AM   #713
Tech Regular
 
nocif13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: france MARSEILLE
Posts: 289
Send a message via MSN to nocif13
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayBee View Post
Mine weighs in at 1296 grams ready to race....let the weigh-ins begin
good

Mine weighs in at 1400 in 5cell
__________________
teamspec/petitrc.com/TEAM WAVE/T.O.P racing/CBRacing.fr/rcmanufactory/Alien POWER/Team Terribles
nocif13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 07:46 AM   #714
Tech Fanatic
 
gansei's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Bander, Seoul
Posts: 889
Default my E4

My E4 after a long time.

changed parts: G4RS LightWeight Front Bumper, Hara Hard Spring Sets,

Titanum Racing Pinion, machine-cut SpurGear, 2200uF 35V condenser(ESC)


__________________
MY SPONSORS:

★ Show Hobby(Novarossi)
Km Racing HK1 Meen Version
Another Nick: Bander

Last edited by gansei; 02-28-2008 at 04:52 PM.
gansei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 07:48 AM   #715
Super Moderator
 
Marcos.J's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Semper Fi
Posts: 27,213
Trader Rating: 182 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gansei View Post
My E4 after a long time.

changed parts: G4RS LightWeight Front Bumper, Hara Hard Spring Sets,

Titanum Racing Pinion, casting SpurGear, 2200uF 35V condenser(ESC)
Nice
Marcos.J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 09:46 AM   #716
Tech Regular
 
nocif13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: france MARSEILLE
Posts: 289
Send a message via MSN to nocif13
Default

hi
gansei

The e4 is not heavier with the optional aluminum kfactory home?

MARCOs

The set up sheet recordable there without printing it?

THANK
__________________
teamspec/petitrc.com/TEAM WAVE/T.O.P racing/CBRacing.fr/rcmanufactory/Alien POWER/Team Terribles
nocif13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 10:01 PM   #717
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 64
Default

Hi All:

It is good to see that things are going well for the E4XXs. I did not want to be the first one to mentuion it but if you look at the chassis without the battery cover there is not that much carbon fiber there. It is always easy to make the car more compliant but difficult to make it more rigid. That is why we are sticking with the E4RS as the base chassis for the asphalt car. We also found that removing the two outside posts in the front makes a bigger difference than the thinner top deck. The twin arm steering system is going to be sold as a kit in the near future (next week).

My main reason for the post is that there have been some concerns raised about the internal ratio on the FS vs. the E4 and E4RS. The concern stems from the fact that you cannot use the 1 way or spool on the FS as it comes out of the box. TM assures me that the FS combo 1 way is on its way but as users remind me, the car has been out for 2 months. That is way too long to wait for the parts you need to run the car the way you want. We have come up with a solution that we hope will be acceptable to present and future users. For any FS owner that has purchased a spool or 1 way or owns an E4 and wishes to use that 1 way in his car we will send 2 17 tooth center pulleys and two E4 diff pulleys free of charge (we do ask that you pay shipping or we will just add it to your shipment at no additional charge). Additionally, if you wish to purchase a spool or 1 way for your FS we will give you the 4 pulleys free of charge. Changing these pulley will give your car the same internal ratio as the E4 so you can swap your diff for a 1 way and back at the track without having to do major surgery each time. We hope that this solution will make it possible for you to tailor your E4FS to your driving style rather than the other way around. We want to thank our customers who brought this issue to our attention and Team Magic for their part in this promotion.

Thanks

Wolf
__________________
Wolf Hobbies Your Source for Everything Team Magic Kfactory and H.A.R.D. in the USA www.wolfhobbies.com [email protected]
Wolf Hobbies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 07:13 AM   #718
Super Moderator
 
Marcos.J's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Semper Fi
Posts: 27,213
Trader Rating: 182 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf Hobbies View Post
Hi All:

It is good to see that things are going well for the E4XXs. I did not want to be the first one to mentuion it but if you look at the chassis without the battery cover there is not that much carbon fiber there. It is always easy to make the car more compliant but difficult to make it more rigid. That is why we are sticking with the E4RS as the base chassis for the asphalt car. We also found that removing the two outside posts in the front makes a bigger difference than the thinner top deck. The twin arm steering system is going to be sold as a kit in the near future (next week).

My main reason for the post is that there have been some concerns raised about the internal ratio on the FS vs. the E4 and E4RS. The concern stems from the fact that you cannot use the 1 way or spool on the FS as it comes out of the box. TM assures me that the FS combo 1 way is on its way but as users remind me, the car has been out for 2 months. That is way too long to wait for the parts you need to run the car the way you want. We have come up with a solution that we hope will be acceptable to present and future users. For any FS owner that has purchased a spool or 1 way or owns an E4 and wishes to use that 1 way in his car we will send 2 17 tooth center pulleys and two E4 diff pulleys free of charge (we do ask that you pay shipping or we will just add it to your shipment at no additional charge). Additionally, if you wish to purchase a spool or 1 way for your FS we will give you the 4 pulleys free of charge. Changing these pulley will give your car the same internal ratio as the E4 so you can swap your diff for a 1 way and back at the track without having to do major surgery each time. We hope that this solution will make it possible for you to tailor your E4FS to your driving style rather than the other way around. We want to thank our customers who brought this issue to our attention and Team Magic for their part in this promotion.

Thanks

Wolf
That's excellent customer service!!
Marcos.J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 07:53 AM   #719
Tech Elite
 
yyhayyim's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Weston, FL
Posts: 3,424
Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf Hobbies View Post
For any FS owner that has purchased a spool or 1 way or owns an E4 and wishes to use that 1 way in his car we will send 2 17 tooth center pulleys and two E4 diff pulleys free of charge (we do ask that you pay shipping or we will just add it to your shipment at no additional charge). Additionally, if you wish to purchase a spool or 1 way for your FS we will give you the 4 pulleys free of charge. Changing these pulley will give your car the same internal ratio as the E4 so you can swap your diff for a 1 way and back at the track without having to do major surgery each time.

Wolf
Wow...Wolf and TM are really stepping it up! Customer service and support like this will defenitely go a long way!!!

Now, I just about an FS converted to E4RS by Wolf a week ago and it comes with he 1.88 internal drive ratio. Will the new pulleys give me the 2.05 ratio like the RS?
yyhayyim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 10:10 AM   #720
Super Moderator
 
Marcos.J's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Semper Fi
Posts: 27,213
Trader Rating: 182 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by yyhayyim View Post
Wow...Wolf and TM are really stepping it up! Customer service and support like this will defenitely go a long way!!!

Now, I just about an FS converted to E4RS by Wolf a week ago and it comes with he 1.88 internal drive ratio. Will the new pulleys give me the 2.05 ratio like the RS?
yes it will
Marcos.J is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
team magic m1b pitdog Nitro Off-Road 447 04-30-2013 09:17 AM
FS: Team Magic G4 - LRP Z12R Team Spec 2 - Add RX/TX LogiK Australia For Sale/Trade 1 08-03-2007 02:00 AM
Brian Berry Joins Team Phenix/Team Magic Motorman Nitro On-Road 27 03-07-2006 05:51 AM
Team Magic G4 J_Longbrake R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 0 10-07-2004 07:56 PM
Team Magic G4 "Black Magic" tennessee Nitro On-Road 32 04-20-2003 11:40 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 07:15 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net