R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 06-08-2010, 07:58 AM   #3286
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I upgraded the orginal E4 to a single steering bell crank and they are way a lot better. I just can't get the E4 RS 09' to handle like the orginal E4 probably because of front and back balance issue that I have stated above the motor was move few mm towards the front which makes the car to over steer and no rear end traction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by captain stacker View Post
dont they use different steering systems?

maybe thats why you cant get them setup the same

Visaliahobbies.com * SkyRC * casterracingparts.com
Jochim_18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 08:03 AM   #3287
Tech Elite

Since we got a lot of talk regarding gear diff does anyone of you guys know if the GEAR DIFF on the G4 will fit the E4?

Old 06-08-2010, 08:38 AM   #3288
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by peter p View Post
Not fast enough ? Do you think this is because of the drive train ?
I am running in 13.5 and the drive train was not the issue. It's probably because this was RROC and most of the other drivers were better (faster) than me. I couldn't find the right motor/gearing setup till the last day and didn't have the front end grip that I would have liked. Maybe it was my driving. The car worked well it just didn't respond like most of the other cars.
I made a lot of changes that should have induced mad oversteer but the car pretty much felt the same after each change. Maybe I needed the 3.0mm chassis instead of the stock '09' chassis. My E4C1 seems to have more steering and perhaps it's because of the stiffer chassis plate.
Regarding the Batteries, I have 2mm spacing on my top deck and with the use of the tray that I make, I have room to spare with my Fantom 5200/50c LiPo. My trays will yield more depth and all around space for most lipo hard case packs. The cavity in the tray is 138x47mm and has sharper radius in the corners allowing the more square packs to fit with no problem.
Of course some parts have been slightly modified like the mid belt bearing block and a little off of the rear tray mount but that's about it. The '09' car has a bit more room to work with but there should be no problem getting a 25mm high LiPo to fit. The stock tray sets the battery high in the chassis and this is wasted space. That's why I decided to design a better tray. the bottom is only 1.5mm thick vs the 3mm of the stock one. It's also relieved to allow packs with humps to sit as low as possible.

Kim, we can work on your setup at the next race. I'm sure we can get it sorted out. We should have talked to Dave at the RROC as he definately knows how to set the '09' car up for mod.
YoDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 08:54 AM   #3289
Tech Elite

Rick,

Bring me one of the battery tray if you will have one available next race. In regards to setup I'm putting my orginal E4 back together for MOD for next race but if MOD don't pick up next race I will go to 17.5 that's the biggest class we have right now.

Old 06-08-2010, 09:37 AM   #3290
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jochim_18 View Post
Rick,

Bring me one of the battery tray if you will have one available next race. In regards to setup I'm putting my orginal E4 back together for MOD for next race but if MOD don't pick up next race I will go to 17.5 that's the biggest class we have right now.
If you got an extra mod motor, I'll run with ya.

I will have a tray for you at the next race.
Old 06-08-2010, 10:28 AM   #3291
Tech Elite

I got LRP X12 3.0T I can lend you

Last edited by Jochim_18; 06-08-2010 at 01:20 PM.
Old 06-08-2010, 01:18 PM   #3292
Tech Master

Quote:
I got LRP X12 3.0T I can lend you
Sweet!
Old 06-08-2010, 01:21 PM   #3293
Tech Elite

It will be crazy fast But we are running point series right now rick so you have to decide which class you wanted to run.

Old 06-08-2010, 07:22 PM   #3294
Tech Regular

what wheels is everyone running? I had a un-used set of tamiya wheels laying around so I put sorex tires on them and I am getting nothing but binding issues. I threw on some HPI wheels for comparison and those have no issues.
Robert
wyattroa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 08:00 PM   #3295
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyattroa View Post
what wheels is everyone running? I had a un-used set of tamiya wheels laying around so I put sorex tires on them and I am getting nothing but binding issues. I threw on some HPI wheels for comparison and those have no issues.
Robert
You picked the worst wheels of them all on your first pick. To answer your question, ANYTHING OTHER THAN TAMIYA! The reason for the binding is that the Tamiyas are most likely some kind of spoke wheel. Tamiya wheels are heavily gussetted on the spokes and hence its the spoke gussets that is binding on your hubs.

The best wheel to use are the dish rims and preferably made of some durable material that IS NOT HARD. I've had some dish wheels made of hard plastic that shatterred as soon as it touched anything.

In fact nowadays, the choice of rims is no longer an issue because most people like me buy the premounted Sorex or equal and they're all mounted on some type of dish wheel that will fit the E4 with no problems.
YR4Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 08:34 PM   #3296
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by YR4Dude View Post
You picked the worst wheels of them all on your first pick. To answer your question, ANYTHING OTHER THAN TAMIYA! The reason for the binding is that the Tamiyas are most likely some kind of spoke wheel. Tamiya wheels are heavily gussetted on the spokes and hence its the spoke gussets that is binding on your hubs.

The best wheel to use are the dish rims and preferably made of some durable material that IS NOT HARD. I've had some dish wheels made of hard plastic that shatterred as soon as it touched anything.

In fact nowadays, the choice of rims is no longer an issue because most people like me buy the premounted Sorex or equal and they're all mounted on some type of dish wheel that will fit the E4 with no problems.
well this is good to know..lol...I had them just laying around and thought I would use them..lol.. Guess I will be going with the premounted sorex wheels from now on.
Robert
wyattroa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 11:22 PM   #3297
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyattroa View Post
well this is good to know..lol...I had them just laying around and thought I would use them..lol.. Guess I will be going with the premounted sorex wheels from now on.
Robert
We used the Solaris premounts at the RROC (control tire) and they worked quite well on the E4. Good fit and good grip.
I'm sure they are cheaper than the Sorex as well.
Old 06-08-2010, 11:25 PM   #3298
Tech Master

Quote:
It will be crazy fast But we are running point series right now rick so you have to decide which class you wanted to run.
I'm not too concerned about the points, Boys just wanna have fun
At least I can back off the power a bit to make the car more drivable.
Old 06-09-2010, 07:55 AM   #3299
Tech Elite

ok I will have the motor with me next race.

Old 06-09-2010, 10:16 AM   #3300
Tech Master

Quote:
ok I will have the motor with me next race.
SOOPAAA!