Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree288Likes

Tamiya mini cooper

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2015, 04:32 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I think the TOP Racing gear diff also fits the M05's. Oil diffs are great if they dont leak.
I got some Kyosho o-rings for my M-Four's leaky diffs and that took care of the leak.
I have several gear diffs with different oil weights for my M-Four.

That said, I'm hesitant to use TOP's o-ring in their hopup gear diff I got for my SabreFD Mini...
Old 07-04-2015, 09:02 AM
Tech Elite

4th of July-----Big day for Patriots and BBQ fanatics.

No hot dogs and burgers today. It's Baby backs and chicken, sauced and dry, cole slaw, potato salad and beans, and the flag. If that don't get your motor runnin', we are from different worlds.

Love the USA and BBQ. If you're offended by that, you can go somewhere and perform an unnatural act on yourself. Sorry, I'm sick and tired of this PC stuff.
Old 07-04-2015, 09:20 AM
Tech Elite

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Granpa

No hot dogs and burgers today. It's Baby backs and chicken, sauced and dry, cole slaw, potato salad and beans, and the flag. If that don't get your motor runnin', we are from different worlds.

Love the USA and BBQ. If you're offended by that, you can go somewhere and perform an unnatural act on yourself. Sorry, I'm sick and tired of this PC stuff.
Wow, that sounds delicious.

Happy 4th!
Old 07-04-2015, 10:13 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Happy Independence Day, to our downstairs neighbours

Remember, there are many things you can do today, as patriotic gifts to your nation.
- Burn down every location of Carl's Jr. They're horrible.
- Don't drink Bud Lite. Even N Korea would respect you more.
- Restore the proper spelling of the word "doughnut" to common usage.
- Send Ted Cruz back to Canada. We'll "adjust his attitude" for you.
- Send Donald Trump to Mexico. It's the right thing to do.
- Hang on to Bieber. You're welcome.
- Enjoy yourselves, stay safe and drink plenty of water, to help with the hangover.
Old 07-04-2015, 10:21 AM
Tech Elite

Old 07-04-2015, 10:37 AM
Tech Elite

AMEN!!!

And if there are any Veterans out there either Retired or Active
Thank You for Making this Day possible for all of us!!!

God Bless America!
Old 07-04-2015, 11:07 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by KA2AEV
AMEN!!!

And if there are any Veterans out there either Retired or Active
Thank You for Making this Day possible for all of us!!!

God Bless America!
Thank you. Captain, 3rd Logistical Command, attached to 1st and 3rd Armored Divisions, US Army. Long time ago and beginning of Vietnam era and the Cuban Missile Crisis.
Old 07-04-2015, 11:19 AM
MD
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 136 (100%+)

Thank you. Captain, 3rd Logistical Command, attached to 1st and 3rd Armored Divisions, US Army. Long time ago and beginning of Vietnam era and the Cuban Missile Crisis.
Thank you for your service.
Old 07-04-2015, 02:24 PM
Dan
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

Hey guys, I'm building a TA03 ball diff for my upcoming M05v2. I heard one of the tips is to remove one of the washers for tighter diff action.

I attached a pic, I'm assuming remove washer #3?
Attached Thumbnails Tamiya mini cooper-img_20150704_142040418.jpg  
Old 07-04-2015, 03:14 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by MD
Thank you for your service.
Indeed, that must have been a lot of sacrifice. Thank you.
Old 07-04-2015, 03:37 PM
Tech Elite

So today I finally got caught up to where I should've been 4 weeks ago (was side tracked by Mini-Z's for over a month ) and put my M03 back together with a new cheap digital servo from Futaba, and a Spektrum receiver.

I was running my M03 using an old ZPCM JR radio which is all fine still runs great, but my kid's been wanting to drive my M03 so this way he can either use my Spektrum radio (DX4S) or bind his radio (DX4C) to this car as needed. Spektrum radio's are great for little hands as kids can fully reach the throttle trigger and brake.

While replacing the servo, I tried my new Tamiya WR-02&GF-01 Aluminum Servo Stay (PN: 54587). It was a perfect fit for the M03, and very solid.

One thing I noticed while setting up the car using the DX4S radio, this radio has steering EXPO for left and right individually. My M03 tends to off-throttle kickout more while turning right vs left, so the added expo for just the right made the car easier to control.

I need to fix this off-balance mechanically though.
Old 07-04-2015, 05:51 PM
Tech Regular

Happy independence day my southern neighbors! Now....better to stay with a ball diff? Looking that way I think.

Last edited by M05 newbie; 07-04-2015 at 06:05 PM.
Old 07-04-2015, 06:03 PM
Tech Regular

Oh ya one more problem I'm having. I have the ball bearings for the wheels....is there supposed to be play in the wheel. I mean if I pull the wheel like..trying to pull it off the car....there is maybe 3 or 4mm maybe more of play (havent measurd it). Is this normal or is there a spacer or shim or something that will help or is that a normal play to allow more free rotation and avoid binding. I'm guessing it should be tighter than what it is assuming the tighter things are...usually the more precise the car will handle. Anyone have this issue or am I just getting to meticulous now??
Old 07-04-2015, 06:15 PM
Tech Regular

2 totally different diffs. Do yourself a favor and go to the TQracing website and go thru the Parts list for the M05. This will probably answer 90% of your parts questions.
K Granpa. ..I did what u said and this is what I've found and I'm still a little confused.

The m05 ball differential is...
Hop-Up your M-05 with the Ball Differential Set. The differential set provides traction and stability to your machine even if one wheel has no contact with the track surface. This is a essential Hop-Up part for your M-05 chassis. *Not included in the M-05 PRO.

Specs & Features

Newly designed Aluminum Differential Joint A (Hard anodized) x 1pc.Newly designed Aluminum Differential Joint B (Hard anodized) x 1pc.2x25mm Cap Screw x 1pc.5x0.5mm Spacer x 1pc.2mm Nylon Nut x 1pc.3mm Steel Ball x 8pcs.Differential Plate x 2pcs.TRF414X Diff. Spring x 1pc.Urethane Bushing x 2pcs.620 Reinforced Thrust Bearing x 1pc.850 Bearing x 2pcs.1510 Bearing x 2pcs.Ball Diff Grease 1g x 1pc.Diff Carrier x 1pc.TRF415MSX Y Parts (Swing Shaft Protector) x 1pc.Can be used with M-05 and M-05PRO kits.*

Note:**Use with M03 Assembly Universal Shaft (Item 53597).

Now the TA03 diff SET has the axles too? No description on that one. I see the first one I posted is 5 dollars more @ 32.99 and the TA03 with the shafts are 27.99. Which from what I can see is a complete kit with gears....but it's cheaper!?!? Wtf

You can call me dumb but I can't see the difference here lol...please clarify for me Granpa because I think I'm missing something.
Old 07-04-2015, 08:10 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

They're both just the diff, with the outdrive cups. No axles. The main difference is the TA03 version is tough as nails.

Just curious: Are you looking at some racing or bashing?

- If you're racing, and the rules allow it, the 3Racing gear diff is a good piece. You'll need to buy the outer bearings separately. (2 pcs of 10x15x4mm. Cheap bearings will do fine.) The TOP and Spec R are also good items. In all cases, running silicone diff oil of 300,000wt or higher is recommended. 500,000 is a good starting point.

- If you have to use Tamiya only, then the TA03 ball diff (with a few tweaks) will do what you need it to. Uses the same bearings as the stock diff.

- Keep in mind, the more you lock up the diff, the faster you're going to burn through front tires. Your steering response will also be negatively affected, but this can be overcome with some chassis tuning.

- If you need to buy better axles/CVDs/universals/whatever-you-want-to-call-em, the 3Racing ones are as good as Tamiya, WAY cheaper and damn near indistinguishable.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.