Search
Like Tree1Likes

U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2009, 11:56 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Stuart Pid
Just use the "PIT" maneuver if they are blocking. After having this happen several times they will understander that blocking (when they are behind) is not the thing to do.
If you don't ask me how the decal on the front corner of my car went missing, I won't tell you I would condone this.
Old 04-27-2009, 12:11 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by snoopyrc
Sounds like you guys are promoting hacking. I know I know its just as wrong to stall the leader like that as it is to just line backer somebody out of the way.

Where is the Hacksby video when you need it?
Line backer... I'm a little more delicate about it. More like a bump-n-run, it almost looks like an accident. Kinda like the, Ops I heard from the other end of the drivers stand the other day just as my car rolled on to it's lid.

We've run together some. I prefer clean racing and hope you got that impression. If battman is running, that is out the window! j/k

I don't promote it but it's a good skill to have depending on who you are racing! lol.

anyone watch the ama supercross this weekend?!!!!? Lappers need to know there place! Chisholm, who's that? Or motoGP...Hayden 'line backer' in T1 on Lap1! that's just racing, I guess...
Old 04-27-2009, 12:12 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Passin' and a-hackin'

Originally Posted by Thirtybird
In a field of 7, there wee 3 guys who ran roughly 28/5.08, then there were 3 guys that ran anywhere between 15-20 laps in the same time. It made for some very painful racing as only one of those three actually would let you by in a sporting manner.
I'm fairly new to this VTA stuff, too, coming from 1:10 off-road and 1:1 on-road. I didn't do as well as Thirtybird in my first VTA outing, but I have noted some of the driving issues.

Obviously, in a 1:1 car, self-preservation keeps the hacking to a minimum, but ofttimes several classes will run at the same time. So you have to mind your passing. The cardinal rule is that the overtaking driver has the responsibility to make the pass safely -- slower drivers are not required to move out of the way. The faster/better drivers should be able to get around them, or they're not as faster or better as they think they are.

That said, slower drivers ought to make way for a 2 or 3 car dice for the lead coming their way in the last minute of a heat. And there's also no excuse for F1-style blocking -- if you wanna do that, go race in Europe.

As a newbie, I've had problems with the car and the loose nut behind the wheel for my first few outings. In most cases, I've been more of a hazard trying to stay out of the way than just trying to keep the car roughly following the track layout. As my car has gotten better and the nut tighter, everyone's driving has improved (imagine that!). If I keep a good line through the infield, the fast guys will wait for the straight to make a pass. If they are impatient, they are just as likely to take themselves out as to take me out.

So far, the largest purse I've heard of in VTA is the $1 hobby buck mentioned a few posts above, so nobody's livelihood or career depends on making on pass. This is supposed to be fun.
Old 04-27-2009, 12:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jhberger
The cardinal rule is that the overtaking driver has the responsibility to make the pass safely -- slower drivers are not required to move out of the way. The faster/better drivers should be able to get around them, or they're not as faster or better as they think they are.
This is a much better way to state what I was thinking.
Old 04-27-2009, 12:21 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Obviously, in a 1:1 car, self-preservation keeps the hacking to a minimum, but ofttimes several classes will run at the same time. So you have to mind your passing. The cardinal rule is that the overtaking driver has the responsibility to make the pass safely -- slower drivers are not required to move out of the way. The faster/better drivers should be able to get around them, or they're not as faster or better as they think they are.
I came to RC racing from 1:1 racing as well and this is how I see it too. That being said, if I am off on my own and the leader comes along, I will go wide at the next good opportunity and allow him to duck through.

HOWEVER, if I am in a battle for position, even if it's last place, I'm not going to park it to let the leader through and toss away my race. In this situation, the onus is on the leader to find his way through cleanly.

At our track, if you decide to hack your way through lapped traffic because they aren't properly respecting your perceived superiority you will be called out by the race director and receive a stop-and-go penalty.
Old 04-27-2009, 12:36 PM
Tech Addict

Obviously, in a 1:1 car, self-preservation keeps the hacking to a minimum,
Yeah, I found out there is no such thing in RC..parts are not an expensive enough insentive. we just need to get some kinda force feed back on the radios...like a small built in tazer, that'll keep it clean.
Old 04-27-2009, 01:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Not sure if anyone has seen these r/c tanks before, but you do receive a shock when you are shot by the other tank. (http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LW7074&P=3)
Old 04-27-2009, 02:36 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by IndyRC_Racer
Not sure if anyone has seen these r/c tanks before, but you do receive a shock when you are shot by the other tank. (http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LW7074&P=3)
That's the best thing I've seen all day!!!
Old 04-27-2009, 05:45 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

are you ready for Sunday?
Old 04-27-2009, 06:22 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Check out what we're doing at our local track.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/racing-f...ml#post5739982
Old 04-27-2009, 08:04 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DARKSIDE
are you ready for Sunday?
???
Old 04-27-2009, 08:17 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Thirtybird
???

yeah..thats for Speed/TQ
Old 04-27-2009, 08:21 PM
Tech Champion

yeah..thats for Speed/TQ
Originally Posted by rcterp

Ive been working on some similar program for VTA/TA...it is in discussion phase ....

http://www.nashrcracer.com/forum/vie...asc&highlight=
Old 04-28-2009, 06:21 AM
Tech Addict

yeah..thats for Speed/TQ
TA is ready to eat any time....but we'll see how much grip we'll have on the new/outdoor track, probably need a little tweaking....I'm working on the 'RCGT' lid.
Old 04-28-2009, 08:25 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rcterp

We've done a couple VTA enduros... great fun. We had a mandatory tire change in there also.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.