Yokomo MR-4TC SD

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2005, 01:02 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default Re: Matt Howard

Originally posted by lem2
Regarding RS Rear Shock tower in front.
Did you place spacers on the ball studs? Because the turnbuckles are at an angle, will this affect performance?

For the rear did you add spacers also?
Yokomo has a really long ball stud that was used on the steering of one of their cars, I forget the part # but I use those for the ballstud on the front so the links are straight. I don't know if it really will affect performance if there is a slight angle or not. I use regular ballstuds on the rear.
Old 01-23-2005, 01:09 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default Re: Re: Matt Howard

Originally posted by Matt Howard
Yokomo has a really long ball stud that was used on the steering of one of their cars, I forget the part # but I use those for the ballstud on the front so the links are straight. I don't know if it really will affect performance if there is a slight angle or not. I use regular ballstuds on the rear.
Thanks! Looking for Blue spacers!! Will just use the Losi ball studs since its also long. Thank a lot!!

I'm trying to fit an IRS pin cushion n the stock bones, hehehe I don;t think it will fit!

Peace to all and Happy Racing!
Old 01-23-2005, 04:33 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I went racing last night, and in qualifing managed to strip a spur gear because the gear mesh was too loose. After inspecting I realised that I could turn the motor in the motor mount even when the top plate was tightened down as much as possible. I tried with two different types of motors with different cans. I'm using the Yokomo aluminium motor mount. Can anyone help?
Old 01-23-2005, 05:40 AM
Regional Moderator

Originally posted by JayBee
I have yet to hear anyone on this thread mention using Yokomo Batts; are they not any good? I know Masami uses them and Billy E. use to when he was with Yokomo, but what about you guys- anybody using 'em out there?

- JB
The SG1 is very good. But too expensive
Old 01-23-2005, 08:02 AM
Tech Addict

Hey guys, i am highly considering the Yoko Mr4-TC but, is it too old? Also any new hints on an upcoming yoko car? Anyway, my questions are, whats the major difference between the CGM and the SSG or the carbon fiber chassis? The CGM tub chassis said it had new steering system or something like that, also, how durable is the car? I'm thinking of buying one off this forumn but i need 325 first. Anyway, thanks! if you want, just pm me with comments thanks..
Old 01-23-2005, 08:05 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default Shooters Aluminum inner camber link

I was wonder ing if anyone was using the Shooters Aluminum inner camber link? I have one for the front mount and it moves the camber link dead parallel and seems to lower the the mount, can not see anything wrong with it only that no one has ever mentioned using one till now. here is the link to were I got mine, and I was considering getting one for the rear. Any thoughts?
http://precisionrc.com/cgi-bin/cart.pl?BR=SH2&DT=2

Thanks,
Stephen <><

Also a picture below if link doesn;t work.
Old 01-23-2005, 08:52 AM

Originally posted by beer_drinker
I went racing last night, and in qualifing managed to strip a spur gear because the gear mesh was too loose. After inspecting I realised that I could turn the motor in the motor mount even when the top plate was tightened down as much as possible. I tried with two different types of motors with different cans. I'm using the Yokomo aluminium motor mount. Can anyone help?
if i grab mine and twist the motor really really really hard it will turn. but i have not had a problem during a race with it moving.
Old 01-23-2005, 09:06 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

There's nothing much you can do, but the stock motor cam( the dull grey) is the tightest fit.

I find that if i flip my car too much(yes, i still suck) the motor would dislocated too much and it will strip the spurs
Old 01-23-2005, 09:10 AM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Shooters Aluminum inner camber link

Originally posted by Mr. Shookie
I was wonder ing if anyone was using the Shooters Aluminum inner camber link? I have one for the front mount and it moves the camber link dead parallel and seems to lower the the mount, can not see anything wrong with it only that no one has ever mentioned using one till now. here is the link to were I got mine, and I was considering getting one for the rear. Any thoughts?
http://precisionrc.com/cgi-bin/cart.pl?BR=SH2&DT=2

Thanks,
Stephen <><

Also a picture below if link doesn;t work.
I've used several of them. They are also upperdeck mounts which make the chassis stiffer.

There are 2 versions, the earlier version was too soft and would completely bend in a crash.

Then I've had the updated version which was beefier, and seemed to hold up pretty well. I've not really managed to use them b4 i sold my Black SD to a local racer and the mounts to "tornado" who's on this thread. Maybe he'd have something to say.
Old 01-23-2005, 09:43 AM
Tech Master

You might try this, it seems to tighten the cam the best. First tighten down the inner screw as tight as you can. Adjust the gear mesh, then tighten the outer screw (one with the spring). The motor should not move. This worked with the blue motor mount or the gray one.
Old 01-23-2005, 09:47 AM
Tech Master

Default Re: Re: Matt Howard

Originally posted by Matt Howard
ZC-206L Long Ball Stud (4ea) Works the best
Old 01-23-2005, 12:07 PM
Tech Regular

does anybody know where the micro cooling fan and the mount actualky go on the cgm, it says you will have to drill a hole for the stand on the ssg and black special but nothing about the cgm, so i asume the must be a hole somewhere for it to go into?

and what is the hole for the motor mount underneath the chassis for on the very outside as it says to not put a screw in it? its not for the fan mount as it doesnt go all the way through.

many thanks
A Gower
Old 01-23-2005, 12:21 PM
Tech Initiate

Some pics on my yokes
Attached Thumbnails Yokomo MR-4TC SD-ydsc01057.jpg  
Old 01-23-2005, 12:22 PM
Tech Initiate

moore
Attached Thumbnails Yokomo MR-4TC SD-ydsc01060.jpg  
Old 01-23-2005, 12:23 PM
Tech Initiate

q
Attached Thumbnails Yokomo MR-4TC SD-dsc01074.jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.