Yokomo MR-4TC SD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree12Likes

Yokomo MR-4TC SD

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2005, 09:58 PM

no need to order any parts, it was only a steering hub.

and yea i caught the edge of a 2x4 with the front wheel turned and it pulled the bearings straight thru, and i have a almost perfectly split down the center steering hub, i'll save it so you can take a picture and post it. you have pm.
Old 01-16-2005, 10:16 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
So I gather the frt. universals held up just fine then...

- jb
Old 01-16-2005, 11:32 PM
Tech Addict

Originally posted by JayBee
here's some...
Wow!! just make sure the beer doesn't affect the car

Thanks by the way!
Roy
Old 01-16-2005, 11:36 PM
Tech Addict

and...

REAL SEXY!!! :P
Old 01-17-2005, 02:50 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Hey guys, I'm really liking my CGM so far, but i'm looking for a bit of rear traction, especially off power. Any suggestions? Thanks
Old 01-17-2005, 03:11 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

try stiffer front springs or reducing the droop (arms not hanging down as far) in the rear. It sounds like you have too much weight transfer when you let off the throttle. Also, if you're running a oneway you can put some coast into the car so it slightly moves when you're at neutral. Sometimes the inherent braking of the motor will cause a oneway car to be loose off power.
Old 01-17-2005, 04:17 AM
Tech Master

Had another good weekend with the trusty old CGM.

Started 4th on the grid and finished 3rd, so I'm happy with the result. The car behaved perfectly throughout, and i actually took the lead at one point, only to get caught out lapping a back marker. It's funny how it's always the same back markers that give you trouble.
Old 01-17-2005, 04:28 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Ok, thanks Matt, i'll try that. One more question, though. What are the differences between a one-way and a spool, and what does a spool do to the car in terms of handling?
Old 01-17-2005, 05:24 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Ditto on what ritchie said but I'd also like to add what's so nice with the SDW is that on the upper part of the chassis, there's four extra holes so you can utilize the original frt. suspension mounts. Thereby allowing usage of the SD's ('un-narrowed') arms.
And as far as steering set-up on the Rayspeed, I just recently switched out the double servo-saver and copied the set-up of the SDW. I feel it's a cleaner/simpler steering set-up coming across the top of the shaft vs. underneath. I guess I could just pop the another spring on the other side and have a double servo-saver again.
I got pics if you want Shook...
And did you know the rear bodyposts could be mounted in 3 different positions

- JB
Hey Jaybee,
Yes shot me a pic, [email protected] and yes I did know about the three body mounts (very trick) I am however just a intermediate driver and afraid to race such a tricked out car, mostly because I am 30 and only been RCing for a year now.
My major problem is no one here runs Yokomo becasue I have a small group where I am so getting good info takes along time. However the one and only Jimmy Babcock (sidewinder and his off road series) is starting up a sedan series out here so I should be able to get real intell from the other racers that race at the same tracks,,,,,they always are willing, I just have to listen (I like to talk)hehehehe. Anyway I think you are right though that the Rayspeed V2 will be a SDW clone which is just paying much humage to Masami and his tricked out ride. I give it a BIG Two Thumbs Up.....Also who would realy want to race such a thing of beauty???? I guess if you don't care RACE IT TILL IT BREAKS.....then make it art.....LOL very exspesive ART but Art none the less. I can defenantly justify $200 to my wife but $460.00 that is a little harder to do.
Anyway,
Take Care All & GOD Bless,
Stephen <><
Old 01-17-2005, 06:51 AM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by beer_drinker
Ok, thanks Matt, i'll try that. One more question, though. What are the differences between a one-way and a spool, and what does a spool do to the car in terms of handling?
a spool is basically a locked diff, a oneway has the oneway bearings for each side of the assembly so that onpower it acts like a spool and offpower each front wheel is free wheeling. Both the spool and the oneway will feel the same on power but off power the oneway will have more steering, with the spool you'll have excellent braking abilities but it will push a bit offpower since there's no diff or oneway action at all. If your car is loose offpower then I would try a spool, speedtech makes onel
Old 01-17-2005, 07:21 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 87 (100%+)

Originally posted by Mr. Shookie
Hey Jaybee,
Yes shot me a pic, [email protected] and yes I did know about the three body mounts (very trick) I am however just a intermediate driver and afraid to race such a tricked out car, mostly because I am 30 and only been RCing for a year now.
My major problem is no one here runs Yokomo becasue I have a small group where I am so getting good info takes along time. However the one and only Jimmy Babcock (sidewinder and his off road series) is starting up a sedan series out here so I should be able to get real intell from the other racers that race at the same tracks,,,,,they always are willing, I just have to listen (I like to talk)hehehehe. Anyway I think you are right though that the Rayspeed V2 will be a SDW clone which is just paying much humage to Masami and his tricked out ride. I give it a BIG Two Thumbs Up.....Also who would realy want to race such a thing of beauty???? I guess if you don't care RACE IT TILL IT BREAKS.....then make it art.....LOL very exspesive ART but Art none the less. I can defenantly justify $200 to my wife but $460.00 that is a little harder to do.
Anyway,
Take Care All & GOD Bless,
Stephen <><

I can feel you about the 200.00 compared to the 460.00! I will be the first to admit my wife does have a say so about how much I spend!
Old 01-17-2005, 08:14 AM
Tech Adept

can you guys help/advice me?

i need more steering. the rear grip is overwellming...
ive been running the stock cgm/build setup except for aluminum screws, front arms shim back, rear arms shim center. thick sway front and back. no front brace. front shocks stood up, rears shocks 3rd hole on the arm.

thanks rovic
Old 01-17-2005, 08:14 AM
Tech Fanatic

Just home from DHI cup..
Struggled as hell to get the car and driving work the whole weekend, Made the car ultra-pushy in the last two qualifiers and had one time that would make a C-Main position if it were time-qualifiers. Too bad a dumbass German got a Stop&Go in the last Heat and then when he got out of the S&G i was the one he creamed in the side... Lost one lap because of body in wheel and ended up in freaking 5th position in the E-Main... Got smacked by the same German in every heat and came in 7th...
Old 01-17-2005, 08:16 AM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by rovic
can you guys help/advice me?

i need more steering. the rear grip is overwellming...
ive been running the stock cgm/build setup except for aluminum screws, front arms shim back, rear arms shim center. thick sway front and back. no front brace. front shocks stood up, rears shocks 3rd hole on the arm.

thanks rovic
If you have plenty of rear grip then try reducing the toe-in in the back, try 2 deg instead of the kit setup of 3. You can also try running a softer sway bar in the front.
Old 01-17-2005, 08:37 AM
Tech Adept

running 2 in the rear now, ran 1 but was lose in high speed switch backs type corners.

i guess i need the front more responsive,

anyone try 2 or 3degree castors / or
camber links that are used for a car that pushes (increase front roll and decrease rear?)

mat whats your complete set up...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.