Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree12Likes

Yokomo MR-4TC SD

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2004, 01:41 PM
Tech Adept

Well if you're running stock (540 for most users here) you wont need anything to beef up the car. My brother has run stock this whole year with his car and he hasn't broken anything as far as I can remeber, apart from a spur and a one-way gear. But if you hit stuff constantly, something will break. Aluminium knuckles are nice but not absolutely necessary. Just get maybe a pair of spare universals for the front, a spare spur gear, a pair of arms, a spare one-way gear set and you should be fine. And when buying spares get the graphite stuff, it seems to be quite a bit stronger.

If you are looking to upgrade your car, just put lightweight input shafts in and a shooters or bomber carbon shaft. This isn't needed to go fast though, my brothers car is absolutely stock apart from the shooters carbon shaft. And of course buy as much stuff here as you can, such as spares etc. Talk to Ivan next time you see him, he carries Yokomo parts and will have almost anything you need. And when you break something you don't have, he will usually be able to sell the part to you on the spot. Thats why you should buy as much as possible here. If you do buy your spares etc from him, he will help you a lot with any problems that you may have.

Trevor.
Old 12-05-2004, 03:13 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally posted by adamkerrnz
trevor, im talking about the SD1. Dad just agreed to buying me one from www.rcmart.com along with a eagle racing CDC charger
so basically i should carry mostly parts for the front end. would getting the aluminium front knuckles be better? i want to get anything that will make it better now so i build it with everything there, rather than talking it apart
this is gona be the best car ive ever owned
apart from my v-one-rr evo, but thats nitro
you have a PM
Old 12-05-2004, 05:00 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 76 (100%+)

Do you guys recommend any of the ray speed stuff? Also can you get any of the worlds sd stuff for parts yet I really like the aluminum bulkheads
Old 12-05-2004, 05:58 PM
Tech Regular

ummmm....ahhh...i already ordered the CDC ohh well. i can always turn back to my good ol pulsar sport if it messes up.

trevor. does ivan sell the MR4TC SD parts? i gotta talk to him, get him to check it over after i build it. i got a full titanium screw set for it
Old 12-05-2004, 06:51 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Originally posted by tony montana
Do you guys recommend any of the ray speed stuff? Also can you get any of the worlds sd stuff for parts yet I really like the aluminum bulkheads
I would ask what type of racing you're going to be doing but I don't think it matters if you're just looking for a stiffer plate chassis. So I guess my answer would be yes, I like the Rayspeed conversion upgrade. Not only is it stiffer than the SSG SD, the double servo-saver takes out alot of the sloppiness in the steering dept.

- jaybee
Old 12-05-2004, 07:31 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

The RS stuff is really good. I run their springs, pistons, shocktowers, and O rings. The aluminum bulkheads will not be available seperatly and even if they were they wouldn't fit on a regular SD, sorry.
Old 12-05-2004, 11:25 PM
Tech Regular

YAY, i ordered my SSG MR4-TC SD today from hong kong, along with a charger and new radio (sanwa MX-3S 27Mhz Synth )

i also got some hypercell matched 3300's, 18 cells (three 6 cell packs) to run pro stock
Old 12-06-2004, 01:29 AM
Tech Adept

Adam, pm me with your msn
Old 12-06-2004, 01:49 AM
Tech Regular

yo trevor, i pm'd you my MSN. it isnt a hotmail email but i use it for my messenger
Old 12-06-2004, 06:31 PM

i believe the alum bulk heads will only fit the worlds car, AND, they aren't going to make any extras
Old 12-06-2004, 09:41 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Talking

Hey ritchie, you're back!! How was the trip...

- jaybee
Old 12-07-2004, 02:23 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Tosolini Setup

Sorry to bring the above up again, but i am curious as to what lowering the rear suspension arm mounts actually does.
Does it increase roll?Therefore more grip?
Would you run more droop than normal due to the arms being lower?(in regard to a gauge)
Old 12-07-2004, 03:21 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default Re: Tosolini Setup

Originally posted by stinkypop
Sorry to bring the above up again, but i am curious as to what lowering the rear suspension arm mounts actually does.
Does it increase roll?Therefore more grip?
Would you run more droop than normal due to the arms being lower?(in regard to a gauge)
It will give the rear end more grip while also reducing the chance of a traction roll. With foam tires you'll want the the rear of the car to lift 3-4 mm before the tires come up, it's a pain in the butt to use a droop gauge with foam tires since they are continuosly changing diameter.
Old 12-07-2004, 08:10 AM
Tech Master

Default Carpet set up

I saw a guy running the cgm on carpet when I asked why he said that this car was desighned for this specific racing ,if this is true I guess I should switch from my black sd and not worry about the worlds car,is this correct
Old 12-07-2004, 08:17 AM
Tech Regular

Do yokomo do the ball cups that arnt really cups more like hoops as a set. They look a tighter fit than the standard ball cups. And for the rollbars are the blue collars avaliable and aluminium shock mounting balls.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.