Search
Like Tree12Likes

Yokomo MR-4TC SD

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2005, 05:31 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Cool,
on speedtechrc, it doesnt show the screws with the gears, but on precisionrc it does , take a look...

http://precisionrc.com/cgi-bin/cart.pl?IT=YKM2-SD643
Old 03-02-2005, 05:35 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by Johnnytc3
Cool,
on speedtechrc, it doesnt show the screws with the gears, but on precisionrc it does , take a look...

http://precisionrc.com/cgi-bin/cart.pl?IT=YKM2-SD643
Well you can get it through them, but at my LHS, and at speetechrc, when you buy the gears its just the ring gear(diff gear), and the input shaft gear.
Old 03-02-2005, 06:48 PM
Tech Elite

Thanks, do you know if they come with the one way ring gear and shaft gear set?
thanks
Johnny
holding a package in my hand, graphite ring/drive gear set part #SD-643G its got a ring gear, a drive gear and 3 ity bity screws.
Old 03-02-2005, 06:50 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Thanks tortuga,
do you know if the standard plastic gears comes with it also?
Thanks
Johnny
Old 03-02-2005, 11:07 PM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by Turtlemaster
holding a package in my hand, graphite ring/drive gear set part #SD-643G its got a ring gear, a drive gear and 3 ity bity screws.
Hi

Can you feel any difference between the standard and the graphite ring gear set?
What's the advantage of using it?
Is it smoother?
More durable?

I haven't broke the standart set until yet. Yokomo rulez, when I see how many ringgears, PRO4 drivers are using per race!
Old 03-02-2005, 11:31 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally posted by chaini
Hi

Can you feel any difference between the standard and the graphite ring gear set?
Is it smoother?
More durable?

I haven't broke the standart set until yet. Yokomo rulez, when I see how many ringgears, PRO4 drivers are using per race!
Personally I do not feel the difference but they are more durable!! I have not changed mine since I bought it!!
Old 03-03-2005, 01:52 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Changing diffs on sdw vs cgm

Went to change my front diff on the sdw last night. Took ages, - CGM would take me 2 or 3 mins top. Very easy to be blinded by the bling on the sdw. Never discount the ease of use factor. Looking forward to racing both cars though
Old 03-03-2005, 01:57 AM
Tech Master

Default Re: Changing diffs on sdw vs cgm

Originally posted by Al Williams
Went to change my front diff on the sdw last night. Took ages, - CGM would take me 2 or 3 mins top. Very easy to be blinded by the bling on the sdw. Never discount the ease of use factor. Looking forward to racing both cars though
Really. It takes me ages on the CGM, first I have to take off the bumper then the frong gear case of course but then I can't get the dogbones out because the C-hub prevents the axel from moving far enough to allow the dogbones to come out of the outdrive (past the outdrive rings).

This is of course if you don't want to weaking the camber link cups all the time by popping them off and on.
Old 03-03-2005, 02:04 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally posted by Tek Nickal
I think the larger the spur, the smoother the car feels. A smaller spur would give a more aggressive feel.
<ahem>

bigger spur with same pinion = smaller gear ratio = more acceleration, less topspeed

and reversed

However... with a constant gear ratio (ie bigger spur and proportionaly bigger pinion), the "feeling" should be the same. just one thing that can change it: mass positioning (motor sits differently on the chassis). The rotating mass in/decrease shouldn't really make a difference...

Cheers,
Paul
Old 03-03-2005, 02:07 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by chaini
Hi

Is it smoother?
More durable?

on the rear it doesn't make any difference. On the front with a spool or a oneway, I used to break ring gears fairly often... till I went to the graphite one. I havent broken one since. It really makes a difference, and the price is rigth too!

Pro4 owners eat up so many ring gears it's stupid these days! Why do you think HB released a belt-driven car?

Cheers,
Paul
Old 03-03-2005, 06:46 AM
Regional Moderator

Originally posted by Lonestar
Pro4 owners eat up so many ring gears it's stupid these days! Why do you think HB released a belt-driven car?
Good quote
Old 03-04-2005, 12:30 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default 540 PRO CLASS

Hi All,

I have just graduated from Novice here Aust and have started racing in the 540 pro class. This class uses the Johnson silver can only. I have been running a CGM fitted with a 70 spur and 37 pinion which is giving me a roleout of 42.3mm and a ratio of 4.16. This is sufficient for a tight track, however not for an open track. I was wondering if going for a roleout of 50mm would be to much for a more open track. This would mean using a smaller spur and larger pinion as their is no more adjustment using the 70 tooth spur. Car is setup with one way at the front , ball diff at rear Sorex 28 rubber and using white springs.
Old 03-04-2005, 12:30 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default 540 PRO CLASS

Hi All,

I have just graduated from Novice here Aust and have started racing in the 540 pro class. This class uses the Johnson silver can only. I have been running a CGM fitted with a 70 spur and 37 pinion which is giving me a roleout of 42.3mm and a ratio of 4.16. This is sufficient for a tight track, however not for an open track. I was wondering if going for a roleout of 50mm would be to much for a more open track. This would mean using a smaller spur and larger pinion as their is no more adjustment using the 70 tooth spur. Car is setup with one way at the front , ball diff at rear Sorex 28 rubber and using white springs.
Old 03-04-2005, 12:41 AM
Tech Elite

Thanks tortuga,
do you know if the standard plastic gears comes with it also?
Thanks
Johnny
my first yok i bought used and it came with a extra oneway gear set, they were white gears (not sure why) but yes they came with screws.
Old 03-04-2005, 07:51 AM
Tech Elite

Default Re: 540 PRO CLASS

Originally posted by caltech1
Hi All,

Caltech1,

congrats on your great results... unfortunately I can't help on Mabuchi540 gearings, haven't raced stock in quite a while, although I thouroughly believe in the merits of controlled racing... It's just that the class is dead here!

BUT we DO have a silver can expert here: his handles proves it: it's the one and only Mabuchi540 and I'm sure he'll answer all your questions (and then more)

Cheers,
Paul

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.