Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree52Likes

Team Losi JRXS Type-R

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2008, 06:43 PM

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Different stiffness of plastic for pretty much all of the plastic parts. Arms, knuckles, hubs. Have them go from hard (graphite) to soft in three degrees. (Stiff, Medium, Soft.) There is a ability to use EA3 over Graphite, but the EA3 I don't find to be really much softer then the Graphite.

Does anyone make aluminum parts for the car like hubs? It would be nice to use a rigid c-hub when traction is especially high. Increasing durability of some parts would be a nice option also.
Old 01-24-2008, 06:48 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default Type R

Originally Posted by L.Fairtrace
Just a question for all the guys wanting development for the car. What exactly does this car need? I'm just curious as to what you think needs improved on the car. I can't find a thing. The one way works perfectly fine, it could be better I'll admit, but it works great as is.

This car is my favorite car I have ever owned. We're still making improvements on setups every time out. The car works awesome on rubber tires on carpet also, I think you'll see that next week at the birds.
The Type R is a really good car. I've driven quite a few cars, and the Type R on outdoor asphalt is the ebst car I've had. Super easy to drive aggressive and fast, and its very smooth. Its very easy to set up and work on. Its tough also!

THere are some out there that will pre-judge the car and claim its not a good car for outdoor asphalt...but the TYpe R is the real deal. It works great on asphalt and is easy to adjust to low to high traction asphalt, technical or open layouts.

Parts are very cheap, compared to all other pro level TCs.

Improvements??????????? Like MJ said, maybe add optional aluminum diff hubs for mod racing....other than that...the car is exellent. Good quality, easy build, and its really easy to work on and balance. I really love this car...I'll be getting a few more...
Old 01-24-2008, 07:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Desolas
Different stiffness of plastic for pretty much all of the plastic parts. Arms, knuckles, hubs. Have them go from hard (graphite) to soft in three degrees. (Stiff, Medium, Soft.) There is a ability to use EA3 over Graphite, but the EA3 I don't find to be really much softer then the Graphite.

Does anyone make aluminum parts for the car like hubs? It would be nice to use a rigid c-hub when traction is especially high. Increasing durability of some parts would be a nice option also.
While different stiffness plastics sounds like a great idea, I still think that whole deal is fundamentally flawed.

I raced full size cars for a few years. Never once were we trying to make suspension parts softer to allow overall grip to be higher. We were trying to rid of flex for the car to hold alignment better through higher speed cornering. I know Larry would agree with me in saying, the harder the parts, the better. Wheel alignment is better and flex is eliminated. Then you HAVE to work with your suspension setup to dial in a car. That's the way it should be. Granted, I'm a carpet racer. Stiffer the parts, the better. Only problem is, stiffer plastics break. We all know that and people want a car that doesn't break. Only real replacement there is aluminum parts. I, too, would like to see aluminum c-hubs and rear hubs made. I know the dude at Tamale has drawings and did cut stuff for Dumas at some point. He just hasn't cut anything for commericial sale. He should though.
Old 01-24-2008, 07:23 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Applesauce
Does anyone have a good starting setup? 1 for carpet and 1 for asphalt.

Thanks for your help,
for carpet try Larry or schreff's set up, for asphalt Todd's reedy set up is really good!!
Old 01-24-2008, 07:25 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Originally Posted by schreff
While different stiffness plastics sounds like a great idea, I still think that whole deal is fundamentally flawed.

I raced full size cars for a few years. Never once were we trying to make suspension parts softer to allow overall grip to be higher. We were trying to rid of flex for the car to hold alignment better through higher speed cornering. I know Larry would agree with me in saying, the harder the parts, the better. Wheel alignment is better and flex is eliminated. Then you HAVE to work with your suspension setup to dial in a car. That's the way it should be. Granted, I'm a carpet racer. Stiffer the parts, the better. Only problem is, stiffer plastics break. We all know that and people want a car that doesn't break. Only real replacement there is aluminum parts. I, too, would like to see aluminum c-hubs and rear hubs made. I know the dude at Tamale has drawings and did cut stuff for Dumas at some point. He just hasn't cut anything for commericial sale. He should though.
if someone would make a aluminum diff hub for the car ill get another Type R to race!!
Old 01-24-2008, 07:25 PM
Tech Fanatic

Aluminum Castor blocks would be awesome! Thats the only part that I break on the car. A better fix would be not to hit things but nobody is perfect...lol
Old 01-24-2008, 07:28 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by RobS
Aluminum Castor blocks would be awesome! Thats the only part that I break on the car. A better fix would be not to hit things but nobody is perfect...lol
Amen brother.

Just look at my Vegas results. Those damn walls!
Old 01-24-2008, 07:32 PM
Tech Elite

Amen brother.

I am not commenting at all.
Old 01-24-2008, 07:35 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

It seems like nobody can agree on whether or not flex is important. Ertrachter was cutting up the top deck of his car before he left, according to posts in this thread. I'm not at the level of these guys, but I have found on rubber tires, a more flexible car is easier to drive, and more forgiving on setups. At least some manufacturers agree, as flex is a very important part of their designs.

If you look at races overseas, where they do a lot more rubber tire, it doesn't appear that anybody is trying to stiffen every aspect of their cars. Why is it different here? Does the traction get higher because we're running at the same event as foams?
Old 01-24-2008, 07:36 PM
Tech Master

I've spent my whole life around full sized racecars, and Completly agree with this above statement. I ran a 4mm chassis on my rdx for a long time on rubber, and found it no better when I switched back to the thin chassis and top deck.

My always said a rigid car is faster, but harder to get right. It seems that statement is true for r/c cars as well.
Old 01-24-2008, 07:43 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 102 (100%+)
Default Good luck

Schreff .....Good Luck at the Birds...and to all the old Horsham crew.

I think the TC5 Team Tamale Tc5 6 degree will fit....
been playing around with the placement....looks like a little dremeling/sanding is needed within the inner CVD hole, not much probably 1.5 mm...should do the trick...for easier fitment.
other than that a few shims...
the Losi bushings fit perfectly.

I'll be handing them over to someone with more driving experience to give their opinion.
Attached Thumbnails Team Losi JRXS Type-R-000_0791.jpg  
Old 01-24-2008, 07:44 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Amen brother.

Ditto. Although I got punted.

If there was a alum. diff hub, how many people would be intrested in it? I know a couple people that might be able to do it. I will talk to them and get a price. I was also trying to figure out how to make a one way up to use the long bones. I have a feeling it is going to be to much once it is figured out.

Good luck to everyone heading to the Birds. Wish I was going. Don't forget about the PM Schreff. I will be watching.
Old 01-24-2008, 07:49 PM
Tech Elite

In reference to rubber Larry and I played around alot with the setup over the past few weeks, and our cars are very good right now...can't wait for the birds...interestingly we have a bunch of differences on the cars, and both are equaly fast, so the car still has a big window to work in rubber.

I have tried cut top decks and it's better on lower bite at times, but it lacks the consistency in my opinion...i prefer the graphite stock.
Old 01-24-2008, 07:49 PM
Tech Initiate

I'm in the process of getting the oneway. What seems to be the problem?

I have had just about every car on the market and I have to say that the Losi Type R is the best car I have ever had on carpet/foams. The cornerspeed and the steering is second to none. Outside on rubbers it's dialed just the same. Unbelievable the way the car handles. It's lipo ready and super durable. I go weeks without breaking a thing. I'm just now starting to race it on carpet with rubbers and even without the oneway the car can keep up with anybody on the track. I don't see improvements that need to be made on this car. I would get some c-hubs if they became available though.
Old 01-24-2008, 07:56 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Marcos.J
for carpet try Larry or schreff's set up, for asphalt Todd's reedy set up is really good!!
Where can i find these?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.