Search
Like Tree52Likes

Team Losi JRXS Type-R

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2008, 12:01 PM
PDM
Tech Adept

What is going on?

I have very good impression of Horizon or better, the companies they have.

I bought a Spektrum DX6 for my model airplanes (I was a Futaba PCM and Multiplex Royal Evo user) I have a DX3 for my 1/10 electric car, I am thinking to buy the new DX6i for my son and I bought a Losi JRXS-Type R just because I think it is the best designed 1/10 electric car.

Now you are telling me they are going to quit on Type-R ???

I hope you are kidding.
Old 01-24-2008, 12:14 PM
Administrator

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

i dont think that they are going to quit making it, but as far as parts developement, i dont know.....i have always been a losi guy, (see my user name)....i have always used their products(i have tryed others, but always go back) i have no problems with horizon, or the releases coming out, i am saddened that they did not keep a small team for travel both in onroad and off.....they still have a great team , larry and schreff to name a few are dialed, and a great help, for the offroad side loosing jesse was huge....i have asked mike thrue for setups and gotten the use the setups from losi's website, they are a great place to start.......that is bunk....that setup is not good for my type of racing.....and is not close to what most guys are using in practice......

i am not bashing losi, it is all i own for cars, it seems electic support is dwindling though....

MAtt
Old 01-24-2008, 12:17 PM
Administrator

Last edited by Matt M.; 01-24-2008 at 12:20 PM. Reason: double post
Old 01-24-2008, 12:17 PM
Administrator

i dont think that they are going to quit making it, but as far as parts developement, i dont know.....i have always been a losi guy, (see my user name)....i have always used their products(i have tryed others, but always go back) i have no problems with horizon, or the releases coming out, i am saddened that they did not keep a small team for travel both in onroad and off.....they still have a great team , larry and schreff to name a few are dialed, and a great help, for the offroad side loosing jesse was huge....i have asked mike thrue for setups and gotten the "use the setups from losi's website, they are a great place to start".......that is bunk....that setup is not good for my type of racing.....and is not close to what most guys are using in practice......

i am not bashing losi, it is all i own for cars, it seems electic support is dwindling though....

MAtt
Old 01-24-2008, 02:07 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Thumbs up

I am just worried that this car is going to fall off the grid. I have read up as much as I can about all the cars and I am sure I still have lots to learn, but I really like the Type R. I like that it is different no batteries on one side electronics on the other and different style from the start. If this car is dead in the water by the time I am ready to buy which won't be till maybe April then Cyclone, Xray or Tamiya here I come. Another thing I liked about the losi was that parts don't kill your bank account like most of the others. Right now I have a Tamiya TT-01 not even close to the caliber of the other touring classes and I am sure I spent way to much to get it where its at now but I am learning and having fun with it trying to keep off the walls. All I am saying is I have grown to really like this car and I want to buy it and if there is not going to be any support for the car I might as well go somewhere else.

Old 01-24-2008, 02:13 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

I know its not a Losi just wanted you guys to see where I am starting from and where I would like to go. Tamiya TT-01 to Losi JRXS Type R
Old 01-24-2008, 03:50 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)

I think everyone here is jumping the gun unnecessarily. Losi is not going away any time soon and neither is the Type R. Just because their race team has been cut down that doesn't mean that they're eliminating the touring car alltogether. We are seeing cuts from many companies. Even X-ray has cut their travel team down as well as many other companies have cut their team's costs in many way to cut down on expenses. Now, I know they still make parts for the XXX-s so and that car is about 5-6 years old so if you thing that they are done and they are gonna stop making parts for the car one year after it's release, you're crazy. Let's all relax and quit jumping to conclusions.
Old 01-24-2008, 04:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

losi isnt gonna scrap the R, tc racing right now isnt like it used to be, used to be what wins on sunday sold on monday, thats just not how its working..

and in all honesty an on road team just isnt making sense anymore, if you will notice most (except ae) only have the TC....that would be dumb to give up a race program that your company depends on, offroad is king right now, if that swaps back up ina few years im sure you will see another losi on road program
and the type r will still be competitive
Old 01-24-2008, 04:41 PM

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

They will continue to support the car. Looks at their track record, only recently did they stop producing parts for the XX cars. They are still pumping out XXX-S sedans and parts. Horizon is changing the face of Losi - they might not develop as many new parts for the car since it's not as popular as their other products but they will continue to sell replacement parts and kits.

The unfamiliar design did not help them, I think the big reason the TC5 was a huge hit was it's just an anodized blue FK'05 which everyone was already familiar with. Had Losi built a car that looked more like an XRAY and used their colors on the alloy it would have sold more units and been more popular on the forums.

It's too early to throw in the towel on the car though, it's too good..
Old 01-24-2008, 05:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

My heart jumped out my left nostril and ran down the street when i saw the first part of this new set of posts. I JUST i mean JUST got back into rcing and i started out w/ a losi (jrxs-pro) i have 1 pro and one type r now, and gonna get another for the summer season.

I like the car, but i have noticed that other manufactures even slow snail associated are developing parts for their tc5. I haven't seen much in the way of new stuff for the type r. I've seen threads about the steel lower tray and i haven't seen on in any catalog.

I may go w/ a corally phi, if i don't get a warm and fuzzy by the summer. The type r is a nice car though .
Old 01-24-2008, 05:31 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I was not posting in away to turn people away from the Type R, I was only making the comment they have no paid drivers anymore. They have two very talented drivers on the East Coast in Schreffler and Fairtrace. Those two guys have figured the car out in my opinion and if they stay with it may be the guys that help to develope it further.

I am not giving up at all on the Type R as you can tell from my sig. Hell, I still have one of the first gen JRXS's and still like it. TC is just an expensive area to be in and they probably are not seeing the return on their investment as of yet. Hence why they cut the traveling team. But that does not mean give up on the car at all. I know talking to Jason about this car he feels there is still more in it to be found. I know he and Larry try all sorts of things with the car and I would not still be driving it if it were not for those two.

Yes, the oneway may have been a disappointment, but you know what, it still works and well. Don't sweat, just buy the car when you are ready.
Old 01-24-2008, 06:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Just a question for all the guys wanting development for the car. What exactly does this car need? I'm just curious as to what you think needs improved on the car. I can't find a thing. The one way works perfectly fine, it could be better I'll admit, but it works great as is.

This car is my favorite car I have ever owned. We're still making improvements on setups every time out. The car works awesome on rubber tires on carpet also, I think you'll see that next week at the birds.
Old 01-24-2008, 06:22 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Originally Posted by L.Fairtrace
Just a question for all the guys wanting development for the car. What exactly does this car need? I'm just curious as to what you think needs improved on the car. I can't find a thing. The one way works perfectly fine, it could be better I'll admit, but it works great as is.

This car is my favorite car I have ever owned. We're still making improvements on setups every time out. The car works awesome on rubber tires on carpet also, I think you'll see that next week at the birds.
I agree the car is awesome the way it is!! the only thing that i would love is for a machine aluminum diff hub instead of plastic( i kept stripping mine )
Old 01-24-2008, 06:24 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Ok Marco's I will give you that. A stronger diff hub for when using a spool and a mod motor.
Old 01-24-2008, 06:36 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Does anyone have a good starting setup? 1 for carpet and 1 for asphalt.

Thanks for your help,

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.