Search
Like Tree52Likes

Team Losi JRXS Type-R

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2008, 08:01 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Mike:

Can you post the setup you have for carpet/rubber?

thanks

Benson Rice
Old 01-24-2008, 08:03 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Brian L
Ditto. Although I got punted.

If there was a alum. diff hub, how many people would be intrested in it? I know a couple people that might be able to do it. I will talk to them and get a price. I was also trying to figure out how to make a one way up to use the long bones. I have a feeling it is going to be to much once it is figured out.

Good luck to everyone heading to the Birds. Wish I was going. Don't forget about the PM Schreff. I will be watching.
put me down for a diff hub
Old 01-24-2008, 08:04 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Applesauce
Where can i find these?
try here http://www.petitrc.com/view_news.php?id=4620
Old 01-24-2008, 08:18 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by El_Boricua
I'm in the process of getting the oneway. What seems to be the problem?
From what I have heard there isn't a problem with the one way. Everybody seems to like it. I'm just a stubborn guy who sees something that works and thinks no substitutes will do. As far as chassis flex I tried running the car on a high bite asphalt track with and without the chassis braces and found the car was much too unstable without the front braces, but I've always perfered a stiff setup whether on asphalt or carpet. I didn't mean to rock the boat. See everybody in Fla. in less then 4 days.
Old 01-24-2008, 09:30 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

If there was a alum. diff hub, how many people would be intrested in it? I know a couple people that might be able to do it. I will talk to them and get a price. I was also trying to figure out how to make a one way up to use the long bones. I have a feeling it is going to be to much once it is figured out.

Good luck to everyone heading to the Birds. Wish I was going. Don't forget about the PM Schreff. I will be watching.
I'd be interested in some, i use the walls like slot cars use the slot ;0
Old 01-24-2008, 09:32 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

There are guys saying that the car is good on low traction asphalt, how do you go about getting it to really grip up.
I started with the Todd setup everyone keeps quoting, but it had no bite in the corner.

Last meeting i did try going to an ultra soft spring on the front end, the Short Tamiya flouros, i think these are around 8lb, i am going to try softer on the rear also to see how it goes. The front end became much more darty and turn in was substantially better.

I am just thinking that the US version of low grip is far removed from the Aussise version of low grip.
Old 01-25-2008, 05:43 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Originally Posted by schreff
Amen brother.

Just look at my Vegas results. Those damn walls!
Wall's..Heck your the 1 that hit them looking at the food court line thinking of lunch....
Old 01-25-2008, 06:26 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by John Tag
Wall's..Heck your the 1 that hit them looking at the food court line thinking of lunch....
Now that was funny I don't care who you are!! Remember Schreff, I am just agreeing, I did not say anything!!!
Old 01-25-2008, 06:37 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Besercoe
There are guys saying that the car is good on low traction asphalt, how do you go about getting it to really grip up.
I started with the Todd setup everyone keeps quoting, but it had no bite in the corner.

Last meeting i did try going to an ultra soft spring on the front end, the Short Tamiya flouros, i think these are around 8lb, i am going to try softer on the rear also to see how it goes. The front end became much more darty and turn in was substantially better.

I am just thinking that the US version of low grip is far removed from the Aussise version of low grip.
Keep in mind the T. Hodge set up for Reedy Race 2007 or ROaR 2007, is for med-high traction asphalt.

For low traction, just make the following changes:

35WT oil all around, or 30WT if its really dusty and untreated. Use the 15lb springs up front, with 12.5lbs in the rear. If you need a bit more front steering/bite upgrade to 15lbs springs in rear. Also use 5A for rear camber link position, or 4A if needed. Test with these changes and see what it does....it should be much better with these simple changes.
Old 01-25-2008, 07:12 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Im running my xray oneway in the Losi since July. I'm racing on carpet every weeks without a single failure... And it spin like an xray too

I kept the multi diff function so it can be used as a spool or a locked one way... I posted it last summer but since we are talking about it

Xray cvd blades...
Old 01-25-2008, 08:36 AM

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

For what it's worth going back to the alloy parts ... the XRAY T2 front hubs do fit on the car with some minor modification. We were strapped for parts at a recent local race and Peter discovered that you can grind down the inside of the c-hub to clear the LCD and do some minor work to the bottom of it to clear the arm it will fit. I am running medium plastic XRAY hubs on my car because they have more give to them.

The same will work with the aluminum parts. You just can't run the steering knuckle as the depth is all wrong.

While I understand your guys standpoint of a stiff car being a better car, I also feel tuning with the softer plastic gives you a subtle change that is sometimes needed. Sort of like sway bars. But in the end, sometimes you run on a track that you cannot run stiff arms on and it would just be nice to survive a heat.
Old 01-25-2008, 08:46 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

DITTO put me down for some diff hubs as well!
Old 01-25-2008, 09:40 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by El_Boricua
I'm in the process of getting the oneway. What seems to be the problem?
The one-way works great, you just have to be careful when you assembly it. The one-way bearings (little rods) that tend to fall out. Use a white towel and not those black pits mats everyone sells when assembling the one-way. So, if they do fall out you can easily find them.
Old 01-25-2008, 07:23 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 118 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dfiantii
Are you guys saying its not even worth it to buy a Losi Type R anymore? I was planning to buy one later on this year closer to the summer. If they are going to dump it then I might as well spend more for the Xray or Mi3 or even Tamiya 415
Um no way... not going to happen.

Losi is actually looking for more suggestions on updating the car. It runs so well, they really haven't received many complaints. If you have issues with the one-way, or other things about the car.. make sure you email LOSI with suggestions.

We just had 3 guys last weekend that purchased Xray 008 cars and just dumped them for JRXS-R.. they cannot get the 008 to rotate in the corners and that is easily accomplished with the JRXS.
Old 01-25-2008, 08:20 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Besercoe

How much grip does the rear end have?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.