Search
Like Tree52Likes

Team Losi JRXS Type-R

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2008, 08:13 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Yeti35
Not getting into a Nimh/Lipo debate. I have my steel trays sitting here for when the enevitable happens. I just don't believe in hacking the car up to get a battery to fit when I am sure there are ones that will just slide right in. I think there needs to be some sort of standardization on the packaging of Lipos so you don't have these issues. I was going to do Lipo for IIC and friends were willing to let me borrow their brand new Orion 3600 packs, but they don't fit and I am not modding the car to get them to either. I don't feel you should have to.
I'm with you on this one
there is no need to hack up the car or the battery to make one fit the other.
I say just buy one that fits
Old 08-12-2008, 08:18 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

Not getting into a Nimh/Lipo debate. I have my steel trays sitting here for when the enevitable happens. I just don't believe in hacking the car up to get a battery to fit when I am sure there are ones that will just slide right in. I think there needs to be some sort of standardization on the packaging of Lipos so you don't have these issues. I was going to do Lipo for IIC and friends were willing to let me borrow their brand new Orion 3600 packs, but they don't fit and I am not modding the car to get them to either. I don't feel you should have to.
Using that mentality you shouldn't have to true tires either. The car was designed for lipo before any other, it fits most, but some have found that they can cram a better battery into a little more space, the cars just need to catch up. If you're really that lazy to dremel 2 pieces of plastic and a couple shims, there are plenty of xrays sitting on a shelf waiting for you.
Old 08-12-2008, 08:21 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I'm running the Peak 4800. It fits with no modding...

I believe the Orion 4800 is the same size and should fit too. Not sure about the new Orion 5000 or the Checkpoint 5400 though.
Old 08-12-2008, 09:24 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MikeXray
Using that mentality you shouldn't have to true tires either. The car was designed for lipo before any other, it fits most, but some have found that they can cram a better battery into a little more space, the cars just need to catch up. If you're really that lazy to dremel 2 pieces of plastic and a couple shims, there are plenty of xrays sitting on a shelf waiting for you.
I don't see how truing tires relates to a battery not fitting in the car. I am not lazy, just no point in weakening the car to get a battery to fit when there are better options. I will never own an Xray. I don't need a new car every 7 months. My point was that the Nimhs increased in volume but the cells them selves were not that much different in size. What I am saying is there needs to be a standardization on the pack size for Lipos so you are not hacking the car to make them fit. If you want to hack your car to make them fit, then by all means do that. I will research what will fit with no modification and then buy. Structual integrity will not be an issue then since I will not have to mod anything to get the pack to fit.
Old 08-12-2008, 09:41 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Show me another pack that cycles at over 7.37 AV.
IB3800 LiPo & trackpower 4900 both provide comparable power.
Old 08-12-2008, 09:51 AM
PDM
Tech Adept

I have the Trakpower 4900...and i had to use the dremel, just a little, but needed.

I believe the car was designed around the Orion Platinum 4800.

The ideia of dremeling the pulleys is good to try the A123 cells. I will have a better look again, as I noticed the space between the pulleys was short for them
Old 08-12-2008, 09:55 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Lazy you say ... Hah! I'm too lazy to cycle batteries hahah that is why i went lipo in the first place .

Since i've gotten a little better at driving and hit things less i've found that the type-r is just my speed!! It doesn't need much care and feeding and is perfect for the lazy racer!!
Old 08-12-2008, 10:02 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Does anyone have the Orion 5000? And will it fit in the Type-R?
Old 08-12-2008, 10:12 AM
Tech Champion

I don't see how truing tires relates to a battery not fitting in the car. I am not lazy, just no point in weakening the car to get a battery to fit when there are better options. I will never own an Xray. I don't need a new car every 7 months. My point was that the Nimhs increased in volume but the cells them selves were not that much different in size. What I am saying is there needs to be a standardization on the pack size for Lipos so you are not hacking the car to make them fit. If you want to hack your car to make them fit, then by all means do that. I will research what will fit with no modification and then buy. Structual integrity will not be an issue then since I will not have to mod anything to get the pack to fit.
I keep wishing I could just leave this alone, but what structural integrity is lost by narrowing a pulley? I can see if you don't want to dremel a bulkhead to make the 5000 fit, but this is not necessary for the 4000. I'd had this mod for a month and a half on 2 type-r's neither have self destructed yet.

There is now a ROAR standard, it was just released after the type-r was designed, Losi can EASILY make a slightly wider spaced layshaft and bulkheads with a bit more clearance if they wanted too, but since their focus on onroad seems to be less than desired these days I don't see that happening.
Old 08-12-2008, 03:55 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

does a jrxs have any advantages over a t2 008
Old 08-12-2008, 09:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ckoetsch
What, you spammin all the threads looking for an answer on your T2 008? You asked about TC5 over the T2 008 in the IIC thread. Pick what ever car you can readily get parts for at your LHS.
Old 08-12-2008, 09:46 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

What, you spammin all the threads looking for an answer on your T2 008? You asked about TC5 over the T2 008 in the IIC thread. Pick what ever car you can readily get parts for at your LHS.
+1

or look at which will cost you less in parts when you crash!
Old 08-12-2008, 10:02 PM
Tech Elite

Location: Colorado, USA, The land of the free and the home of the brave!
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ckoetsch

The best touring car can only be found in the hands of the best drivers.

now go away and stop spamming
Old 08-13-2008, 08:27 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 87 (99%+)

wear can i get the spur gear adaptor from
Old 08-13-2008, 08:33 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by RaceAce701
wear can i get the spur gear adaptor from
http://www.precisionracingsystems.com

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.