Search

Team Associated TC5

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2007, 11:14 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default Question on one way.

Question on one way.

Got the TC5 one way together last night. There really is nothing to tighten other then the pulley to the diff housing. The outdrives "float" and are
only held by the position by the end of the CVD's, and the one way bearings
are pressed in permenantly into the housing. Guess I have to replace that whole assy. when bearing goes. The one way came with no instructions and
I wanted to check this is correct. Also, how often do you repack them with
the supplied silicone grease, and how long should I expect them to last?

My original rear diff (1/2 off tight) was still in good shape, but I rebuilt anyway, and the front (1/8 off) was just starting to bind...they both had
60+ runs on them. I'm happy with the diff design.
Old 09-08-2007, 12:34 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Verndog
Question on one way.

Got the TC5 one way together last night. There really is nothing to tighten other then the pulley to the diff housing. The outdrives "float" and are
only held by the position by the end of the CVD's, and the one way bearings
are pressed in permenantly into the housing. Guess I have to replace that whole assy. when bearing goes. The one way came with no instructions and
I wanted to check this is correct. Also, how often do you repack them with
the supplied silicone grease, and how long should I expect them to last?

My original rear diff (1/2 off tight) was still in good shape, but I rebuilt anyway, and the front (1/8 off) was just starting to bind...they both had
60+ runs on them. I'm happy with the diff design.
You only need a little bit of silicone grease on the axles, no need to fill the whole bearing with it You should be able to get a LOT of runs from the oneway. Just keep checking the outdrives for wear. If the axle starts to look really polished its a good idea to replace them. They will start to slip if they are worn out. I've been using the outdrives for atleast 50-100 runs, depending on motor, conditions etc. The bearing should last much longer than that if it's not abused too bad.

I think you can get the outdrives and bearing separately too.
Old 09-08-2007, 04:40 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JuhoL
You only need a little bit of silicone grease on the axles, no need to fill the whole bearing with it You should be able to get a LOT of runs from the oneway. Just keep checking the outdrives for wear. If the axle starts to look really polished its a good idea to replace them. They will start to slip if they are worn out. I've been using the outdrives for atleast 50-100 runs, depending on motor, conditions etc. The bearing should last much longer than that if it's not abused too bad.

I think you can get the outdrives and bearing separately too.
Too late. Already filled it. I dont think it will hurt anything, but I wont waste so much next time. So, you think the outdrives are the first wear item I should "stock" rather then the housing/bearing assy? The outdrives are made of steel and I figured would last...but I'm sure the bearings are much harder material. Yes...you can buy seperate, I've seen them "on auction" already.
Old 09-09-2007, 07:48 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Verndog no need to stock them it will be quite awhile before you will need to replace the 1-ways or the outdrive.
Old 09-09-2007, 01:24 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

does anyone make an aluminum rear hub for this thing yet? Like a Serpent, or Corally?

I know, stay off the boards.. I went from racing Nitro Expert to Electric Mod, but also took a year off. This car is sick, but the day before the race, I went out to test out the new Novak 3.5 with Orion 4800 Li-Po. The Li-Po came loose, and hit the belt in the straight, and I brushed the wall as the tires locked up. Broke the Left Rear Hub. No one had any, so I got another kit, just for the hubs. On race day, at the start of the first qualifier, I glitched, and brushed the same dang wall, in the same area, and broke the same hub. Very light brush too, but still my fault.

150 ft straights, ashphalt.
Old 09-09-2007, 01:34 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jea3
does anyone make an aluminum rear hub for this thing yet? Like a Serpent, or Corally?

I know, stay off the boards.. I went from racing Nitro Expert to Electric Mod, but also took a year off. This car is sick, but the day before the race, I went out to test out the new Novak 3.5 with Orion 4800 Li-Po. The Li-Po came loose, and hit the belt in the straight, and I brushed the wall as the tires locked up. Broke the Left Rear Hub. No one had any, so I got another kit, just for the hubs. On race day, at the start of the first qualifier, I glitched, and brushed the same dang wall, in the same area, and broke the same hub. Very light brush too, but still my fault.

that sucks tell pete to stock some parts!!!
Old 09-09-2007, 02:50 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Jea3

good thing they are 0 deg. at least right and left are the same so you have a spare :P
Old 09-09-2007, 09:17 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Marcos.J
that sucks tell pete to stock some parts!!!

I called Superior, nothing, and I manage the new Hobbytown RC department, and we didn't have them, and I tried PNP, nope. I went 2 work right after I left the track, and ordered 6 of every degree from AE.
Old 09-10-2007, 12:59 PM
Tech Regular

http://theassoboyz.blogspot.com
Old 09-10-2007, 10:31 PM
Tech Regular

I am looking for good setups for foam carpet for stock. With IIC coming up and no local carpet track to practice on it is pretty much impossible to work on one right now.

Corey
Old 09-11-2007, 05:13 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (94%+)

Originally Posted by RoachRacing
I am looking for good setups for foam carpet for stock. With IIC coming up and no local carpet track to practice on it is pretty much impossible to work on one right now.

Corey
I really like the Craig Drescher setup from Snowbirds 2007 for Carpet Foam. Here is a direct link to the PDF from Associated's website for the setup. The car is easy to drive, not twitchy, and has good rear traction.

http://www.teamassociated.com/racerh...wbird_2007.pdf
Old 09-11-2007, 11:26 AM
Tech Regular

spool tc5 news ,for tc5, make home and indestructible, more solid than spOOL ae

http://blogsperso.orange.fr/web/jsp/...?blogID=127906

This must be the best spool in the market. Very good quality, excellent finish, very light. It gives a lot of steering and helps for a very smooth transmission. The replacable derlin cups are also excellent.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Xluis
06/02/07
Only a word, AWESOME กกก , 2 spools, 2 finalist A in Spanish Cup of Champions. A piece of art. Good job Patrick.
Old 09-11-2007, 11:29 AM
TLRacing

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

I just made a spool from a header card. I worked great all day last week running Mod. Just remove the diff balls and rings, cut a Losi or X-Ray header card in the shape of a diff ring (w/o the d part), and super glue it to the outdrive. The Crank it down.
Old 09-11-2007, 04:47 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 90 (100%+)

A good friend (junior) of mine is looking for a front belt (Yokomo or Bomber). If any of you have one for sale hit me on PM.
Old 09-12-2007, 02:11 AM
Tech Adept

Does anyone know how thick is the TC5 inner hinge pin?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.