Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Team Associated TC5

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2007, 04:20 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by punkracer24
so i could use some help from some on-road regulars. i just got my tc5 together last night and my questions are

1) what should you set the belt tension to for stock and 19t rubber tire racing?
-i built it with i beleive 5 in the front and 2 in the rear i think

2) what do you gear a stock and 19t with the 87t spur? or any other suggested gearings?? also wut about the brushless 13.5s and 10.5s?

any suggestions would be much appreciated. ive been running 1/8th offroad for the last two years and cant remember a thing about the details of onroad racing

leon mcintosh
Hi, for the belts u wanna run them very loose/slack 'std out the box belt settings is very tight/2 tight in my view'
As for gearing totaly depends what type/size of track u are gonna be running on but start wiv about 8. 2 times 87 devide by 22 = 7.9, so i wud try a 22 tooth pinion to start. u will tell stright away if u need 2 gear up or down on the track just by driving a lap or 2 !!

ste e.
Old 08-25-2007, 08:28 PM
JCB
Tech Addict

Hey guys,

I'm just curious if there are any updated belts for the tc5 other than the ones that came with the kit? I just got in from the track and someone mentioned to me that there a new belts out for this car... please let me know.

thanks,
Old 08-26-2007, 01:38 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

One of my dudes just ordered the TC5, velineon brushless system and 8000 mah lipo. I told him this was overkill AND the 8000mah might not fit. This dude has been killing folks with 1/8th scale nitro and this is his first attempt at electric. What could have done to get:

excellent run time
excellent speed
cells that fit in the TC5

Thanks.
Old 08-26-2007, 03:02 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Ran the car for the first time today, 4.5, rubber. I have to say very impressed although I could not stop it from oversteering into the corners, as soon as i got off the throttle and went to turn in it just hooked madly.

What I need is some good base set ups.
1 for a rough, very low grip concrete track
2 Medium grip asphalt track

All outdoor, rubber, modified.

Anyone have any good one please let me know.

Cheers
Aaron
Old 08-26-2007, 04:18 AM
Tech Fanatic

Can someone please tell me where i can get spur gears that suit the TC5.

Im looking for 88 thru 90 49P.

Cheers
Aaron
Old 08-26-2007, 04:27 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by zacabrandy
What I need is some good base set ups.
1 for a rough, very low grip concrete track
2 Medium grip asphalt track

All outdoor, rubber, modified.

Anyone have any good one please let me know.
Got a try to answer for med grip asphalt track (just copy & paste the last link!)
27/05/2007
Ryan Cavalieri - Bob Stellflue - Brent Thielke - Tommi Torikka - Kyle Skidmore - EA
Event: Reedy Race
Traction: Medium

Team Associated TC5 - Brent Thielke - Asphalt Rubber Tyre Setup

There is some more here!
Old 08-26-2007, 03:26 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I just built my TC5 and I have to say that it went together pretty smooth! I've been driving Xrays and an RDX for awhile now and this new car is definitely in the running for car of the year! The only issue I had was with the outer hinge pins being a tad too sticky (read: damn tight until I dremmeled them) and one of my rear uprights was too tight in the arm so that it wouldn't pivot past a certain angle, so I dremmeled that too.

Other than that, awesome! I can't wait to run it! I'm still waiting for my one-way, but other than that I'll be good to go!

I'm pumped!
Old 08-26-2007, 03:57 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (93%+)

Originally Posted by TurboT
I just built my TC5 and I have to say that it went together pretty smooth! I've been driving Xrays and an RDX for awhile now and this new car is definitely in the running for car of the year! The only issue I had was with the outer hinge pins being a tad too sticky (read: damn tight until I dremmeled them) and one of my rear uprights was too tight in the arm so that it wouldn't pivot past a certain angle, so I dremmeled that too.

Other than that, awesome! I can't wait to run it! I'm still waiting for my one-way, but other than that I'll be good to go!

I'm pumped!

Instead of dremeling stuff...... polish the hinge pins with wax nd a micro fibre cloth.... its amazing to see the difference in how smooth and free everything is. All the black coating will come off and the pins will be a chrome finish, and work very nicely
Old 08-26-2007, 04:03 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wallstreet
Instead of dremeling stuff...... polish the hinge pins with wax nd a micro fibre cloth.... its amazing to see the difference in how smooth and free everything is. All the black coating will come off and the pins will be a chrome finish, and work very nicely
Interesting. What kind of wax?
Old 08-26-2007, 04:11 PM
Tech Elite

Mothers. It comes in a white metal jar... can get it at any hardware store... When i get home ill give you the exact name.
Old 08-26-2007, 06:29 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

The hingepins in my kit were smooth, no prep necessary. I did notice that they were coated in oil to prevent rusting i assume. I took some brake cleaner and cleaned the pins.
Old 08-26-2007, 06:40 PM
Tech Elite

they are all smooth, i think he was saying the arms didnt move freely on the pins.. Thunder if you polished them and put them back on the car with the shocks off you will see there is a huge difference.
Old 08-26-2007, 07:08 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Yup, I did notice that the arms were "sticky" when I mounted the arms. This is mainly due to the the arm mounts not being perfectly aligned. There was a tip posted a couple pages back on how to fix it. I'll try polishing tho, wouldnt hurt anything.

This is how I did it. When you attach the arm mounts and arms to the bulkhead, tighten so its just snug. Take the handle of your hex drive and tap on the ball stud that the shock attaches to. It kinda "sets" the arm mounts so that theyre in line better. Its pretty useful when you start playing around with squat/dive stuff when the hinge pin is angled.

Hopefully ill make it back to harbor sometime. Ive been pretty busy running nitro
Old 08-27-2007, 12:53 AM
Tech Fanatic

Im looking for 88 thru 90 49P. I tried the Xenon ones but it means I can only use 2 of the screws and Im not sure if that would be good for modified.

Cheers
Aaron
Old 08-27-2007, 04:06 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by zacabrandy

Im looking for 88 thru 90 49P. I tried the Xenon ones but it means I can only use 2 of the screws and Im not sure if that would be good for modified.

Cheers
Aaron
Just use Kimbrough spurs, I'm using them myself... For a good setup for a rough low grip track, check my setup at rickthomson.tk and use the HFCC The Hague setup

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.