Search
Like Tree684Likes

Gt12 USA Spec

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2022, 12:46 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

You guys spelled Acura wrong...🤣

robk, Rick Vessell and MC Hamilton like this.
Old 01-26-2022, 01:24 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ShtLuck
I get a kick out of this. Mon-Tech saved paying royalties by misspelling Acura! Pretty clever.
Old 01-26-2022, 02:26 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Originally Posted by glennhl
I get a kick out of this. Mon-Tech saved paying royalties by misspelling Acura! Pretty clever.
did you miss the part where i posted an actual nsx body.
Old 01-26-2022, 03:20 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ShtLuck
You are running a proper Acura. We are running a fake Akura that probably hasn't been officially licensed.
ShtLuck and glennhl like this.
Old 01-26-2022, 06:34 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Love my nsx from www.scale-speed.com. Hands down one of the best looking bodies for GT12!
Old 01-26-2022, 07:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 89 (100%+)
Default Really liking the Protoform C8.R Outdoors

dawgmeat, TOM MAR and GT CRUSING like this.
Old 01-27-2022, 06:29 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TheBeave
Love my nsx from www.scale-speed.com. Hands down one of the best looking bodies for GT12!

Love that coat LOL
Old 01-27-2022, 06:47 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Help with rubber tire setup

hi I have a 21 X-ray 12 and run crc carpet. I can,t find any info on a good setup and was wondering if anyone could help me. My car is very jittery and I,am running a spool.thanks and take care.
Old 01-27-2022, 01:51 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Mel19
hi I have a 21 X-ray 12 and run crc carpet. I can,t find any info on a good setup and was wondering if anyone could help me. My car is very jittery and I,am running a spool.thanks and take care.
Are you running foam or rubber tire? Are you a rookie or a pro - where do you rank in that scale? My son is still a bit of a rookie - just able to string together ten laps without mistakes. I am on the pro end. I have him running a diff. The car will be much easier to drive. He needs to work up to driving a really loose car. I run the spool in 1/12th 17.5 foam tire, but have not put one in my GT12 rubber tire yet. I can run a full race at 99.5% lap consistency so I am going to give it a try. Most of the fast guys at our track run a diff in GT12.

Even in 17.5 foam tire, I have my son running a diff. Way easier to drive.
Old 01-27-2022, 04:03 PM
Tech Rookie

hi thanks for your response. we run gt12 with rubber tires. I,am not the greatest of drivers but not the worst lol. the car is very nervous. Most everyone is running a spool and a awsomatic a12 but I chose a X-ray and would like to be more competitive . Don,t know if maybe try softer setup, any help would be great. Thanks and take care
Old 01-27-2022, 04:05 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Mel19
hi thanks for your response. we run gt12 with rubber tires. I,am not the greatest of drivers but not the worst lol. the car is very nervous. Most everyone is running a spool and a awsomatic a12 but I chose a X-ray and would like to be more competitive . Don,t know if maybe try softer setup, any help would be great. Thanks and take care
I would put a diff in the car. It’s only a few tenths slower for the pro guys but way easier to drive for everyone else. Your fun level will probably go way up.
two shoes likes this.
Old 01-27-2022, 04:35 PM
Tech Regular

Spool is hands down the way to go, you get way better drive out of the turns. I've been running medium front springs and medium side springs on my Roche, front ride height needs to be .2mm lower than the rear. Monitor your ride height as it will lower as the tires wear down. Run very little caster, if any at all. A lot of people like to run the car as wide as possible, I started there and then slowly narrowed the car while keeping the car stable. The wider the rear the harder it is to rotate the car but the more stable it will be. 1.5* of camber will keep the tires from coning, 1* of toe out will keep the car from wondering on the straights. Once you've set the front toe/camber, if you need more steering then narrow the front, a little goes a long way. If you start to spin out widen the front, if you traction roll widen the rear. The rear should always be wider than the front. Never ever glue the front sidewalls. Hopefully this will get you started and in the right direction. Again, do not swap out to a diff as none of this will apply, this is for spool only.
Old 01-27-2022, 05:04 PM
Tech Regular

GT12 has so little power that even with a diff, no one spins the inside wheel like the higher foam classes. Newer racers could benefit more from having a predictable car to drive than the 0.2 seconds a lap that a spool may provide. Different ways to learn to go fast. Try them both and check your consistency.
Old 01-28-2022, 06:56 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TheBeave
Spool is hands down the way to go, you get way better drive out of the turns. I've been running medium front springs and medium side springs on my Roche, front ride height needs to be .2mm lower than the rear. Monitor your ride height as it will lower as the tires wear down. Run very little caster, if any at all. A lot of people like to run the car as wide as possible, I started there and then slowly narrowed the car while keeping the car stable. The wider the rear the harder it is to rotate the car but the more stable it will be. 1.5* of camber will keep the tires from coning, 1* of toe out will keep the car from wondering on the straights. Once you've set the front toe/camber, if you need more steering then narrow the front, a little goes a long way. If you start to spin out widen the front, if you traction roll widen the rear. The rear should always be wider than the front. Never ever glue the front sidewalls. Hopefully this will get you started and in the right direction. Again, do not swap out to a diff as none of this will apply, this is for spool only.
There is some things in this that are NOT good advice. I would advise people to be careful following some of this info.
Old 01-28-2022, 07:32 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Kave
There is some things in this that are NOT good advice. I would advise people to be careful following some of this info.
For the new roche p12 evo 2 and gt12 this has been the basic formula I've used to get the car under control. Originally went from using Ollie's setup, the car was extremely aggressive, too aggressive for GT12 in my opinion, as the car was always on the edge and trying to knife through every turn. Biggest changes I've made was the front/mid springs are now mediums and the rear is right at 170mm with the front at 167.6. More camber to add steering makes the car get twitchy and starts adding too much oversteer, I've found the car would maintain it's drivability and add steering by slightly narrowing the front end. Toe out past 1* made the car turn in more of course but at the same time I ended up scrubbing more speed than I benefitted from the initial turn in, I would go up to 1.5* max before I started really noticing tenths dropping off. I'm also using 0 reactive caster at the moment but that is something I'm going to play with this week as I'm only on week 4 of driving the car. This is just a basic setup I've used to make the car easy to drive with a spool. An easy/consistent car will be a lot better than an aggressive fast car if the person can't drive it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.